Style Name: K740 - UK Keyboard|Change

on 1 March 2014
At last , I solved my problem to type at night without using direct light on my keyboard. I had before a Logitech Keyboard that only F-Keys where illuminated. This Keyboard is completely differed. You can feel it from the moment you get it out from the box. You love to touch it. Now the typing is a pleasure . It is almost perfect. I just wanted to have the notification light for caps on the button as the laptops, but you can’t have everything.
I recommend it to anyone who hates typing.
on 2 December 2014
I love these keyboards so much, I bought my 2nd one because I spilt tea in my first after owning it for about 5 years.

The keys feel gorgeous, it's quiet, the features are fantastic, and I really like the keys... can't stand those mechanical keyboard types.

I'm a heavy gamer, and as stated my first Illuminated KB lasted me 5 years and only failed when I spilt tea on it rather stupidly. This second one I am expecting to last me just as long and I use the thing every day for many hours.

Don't hesitate, pick this up! It's by FAR the best keyboard I ever owned in my life.
on 4 June 2014
I bought this for my 14 year old grandson as when he saw mine he loved it. He loved the touch and most of all the back lighting. I bought mine especially for the light as I work from home and sometimes late evenings. It is very resting to turn all background lights off and still be able to see the keyboard. I chose the corded one as I don't move away from the screen and didn't want to keep recharging batteries. The soft touch of the keys makes it a pleasure to type, especially when you have a bit of arthritis in your fingers.
on 14 January 2014
This keyboard is almost as slim as the new chiclet keyboards, but has a much better typing feel. I particularly like that it's so quiet, too. As I type very fast, a good keyboard is paramount for me. This keyboard is my personal favourite now, although it is not using mechanical switches.
on 19 April 2016
This is my second one of these, and I'm disappointed to report that the newer models are of significantly lower quality than the originals from 5 years ago.

Keys feel less springy, response is just not the same, and my keys have a bit of a 'squeak' to them.

As some users have reported, the 3 key rollover limit (primarily an issue whilst gaming) is present on this model, and this was never an issue on the '1st generation'.

Logitech have obviously cut corners, but of course the price remains as high as before.

Sadly, whilst I would and did recommend this keyboard to anyone who asked, in it's current form it's a massive let down.

Probably the last logitech product I buy, which is a shame as I've been almost exclusively logitech for mice/keyboards since the original MX500 mouse (which still works) back in 2003
on 3 April 2014
have been looking for a new illuminated key board for a while , this is so light ,smart looking, and has the right illumination I was looking for . very pleased and would recommend .
Beautiful keyboard, to both look at and to use.

Almost silent, perfectly and lightly weighted spring to the keys, it's a real pleasure to use. The smooth satiny finish to the surrounding areas to the keys make them really nice to rest palms or hands on. Illumination is gentle and perfectly even (each key is lit, or at least they seem to be) rather a blanket light underneath which would fade at the periphery. Gentle orange is used for the control keys at the top.

The weight isn't as heavy as some illuminated keyboards I've used, as I always use mine spread across my lap.

If there's a downside, it's that it's USB chorded but obviously the illumination has to be powered and the chord, for me, is on the wrong side, near the front right corner. However the chord is of good length and so lessening restriction of movement though it could get tangled round something, I suppose.

It's a keyboard to enjoy and take for granted, when you have it - I'd hate to have to go back to those clumpy, shiny and heavy slabs of plastic that I used before - definitely worth the investment, if you can. It makes typing a pleasure, once again. I can't praise it higher, really, can I?
on 28 September 2014
Have had mine for 5 years now and will buy another when the time comes. You get 4 stage manual illumination, a keystroke that feels spot-on (to me) and it just feels like a quality made piece of kit. The only gripe is that the bottom of the keyboard can be hard to keep clean as it is a soft plastic, but the upside is that it feels comfortable when you rest you palm on it. It's only a minor point. Under Win 7 I didn't install SetPoint, just used the windows drivers automatically installed and all of the media functions etc worked fine.

One of my best purchases and resulted in me buying other logitech bits and pieces.
on 4 February 2016
Although this product looks good and has some nice additional features, I would avoid purchasing it as there seems to be some kind of strange issue with dead keystrokes. I am returning mine one day after purchasing it. On mine, the F key and the N key will suddenly become unresponsive. By unresponsive I mean pressing it will have no effect, even repeatedly. It's like the key temporarily goes dead, sometimes for long periods (10-15 seconds) - so it's more than just a slight inaccuracy in the depression - no matter how you press the key, there is no response. The buttons also rock a bit too much for my taste. This doesn't really effect the typing experience, but it all just seems a bit flaky.

This is a pity as the thing does look good, although the font on the keys is a bit "gamer" for my taste. But the most important thing for a keyboard has to be reliability, and this fails on that front, especially at the price and for a wired keyboard.
on 15 February 2016
An exceptionally comfy, well built keyboard with great seperation on the key layout. Everything is in the right place, the illumincation has 3 levels of brightness (and OFF), keyttravel is good and it's just pleassent to type with. The onlyoffity is the Set Point software that comes with it. If you use the media key shortcuts for play, pause, skip etc. then they only work on Windows Media player (yeah, WHAAAAAAAT?). To get them to work for anything you have to UNINSTALL the Logitech driver and stick on the generic Microsoft "HID Compliant Keyboard" driver. then everything works wonderfully. Really strange quirk but doesn't take away from 5 * as it's a simple, minor fix with no real drawbacks.

NOTE: The above actualyl does disable someof the labelled "shortcuts" such as Task switcher, search etc. But they already have 2-key Windows shortcuts so the lose NOTHING by having them revert back to their windows defaults...