Style Name: Shredder|Change
Price:£23.09+ Free shipping

Does exactly what it says on the can! It also shreds credit/debit cards, though this wasn't actually mentioned in the product description. If doing a lot of shredding, it's a bit annoying to have to stop every couple of minutes or so, to let the shredder cool down. However, the cooling down period doesn't seem to be as long as the 30 minutes mentioned (more like 15 minutes) and, in any case, it's pprobably the same with all shredders in this price range.
on 18 March 2014
This replaces a shredder that was nowhere near as good. It is sensible to shred certain documents today and this delivers bits, not stips, that would be very difficult to reassemble
on 20 January 2015
I originally purchased this for home use but brought it into the office as a short term measure when our office shredder packed up a couple months ago. In fairness, I didn't expect it to last very long because there are 2 of us in the office - and working in financial services you can imagine the amount of confidential waste that needs shredding because barely anything can be recycled without being shredded first!! 2 months on we still haven't repaired or bought a new office shredder as this one's working out just fine.

It's small and doesn't take up much space - and looks nice and neat tucked away in a corner. One waste box full of shredding fits easily into an average sized carrier bag and as long as you're careful to only put through up to about 4/5 sheets at a time it will work for several minutes at a time without getting hot. Although I would always advise removing staples, if the odd one slips through the net it manages just fine with no adverse effects afterwards. Considering the level of use and abuse this little machine has had to cope with on a daily basis for the last couple of months (since early/mid November) I really have found it to be fantastic value for money - it's still working as well now as when I bought it!!

Couldn't possibly be happier with it - and would certainly be more than willing to recommend it/buy another if the need should arise.

FOOTNOTE - over 3 months of daily use in a small but busy office and haven't even had a paper jam yet. Still shredding as well as when it came out of the box and has done on occasion up to around 100-150 sheets in one session without overheating (as long as you don't try and put through more than about 5 sheets at a time and make sure you empty it when it's full rather than trying to keep going which will cause the paper to insulate the heat around the motor etc etc you're good to just keep going for several minutes). Still absolutely chuffed to bits.
on 19 June 2014
This shredder was as a more-secure replacement for my strip shredder. Having reviewed a number online I selected this one as a cheap item but having good reviews (very few of the reviews had bad operational things to say about it). It was quieter in operation than my old one, and easily managed up to five 80gm sheets of A4 (rated for 6 sheets of the thinner 70gm paper) with no sign of being overworked until my pile for shredding was finished 10 minutes later. I noticed that in 'Auto' mode it did have a slight overrun after the previous feed of paper had shredded before turning off (presumably to clear the cutters), so don't be too quick to assume the auto-stop has failed and reach for the 'Off' switch. I found that the plastic bag in which the shredder head was wrapped made a very useful liner for the box when shredding. This could then be used to carry the bits to the paper recycling box. All-in-all a very satisfactory purchase and to be recommended to anyone for their small-volume, household secure shredding purposes. Just tried the card shredding facility. Worked a treat, so have upgraded my rating from 4 to 5 stars.
0Comment|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 February 2014
does all i wanted for my home use seems a strong and sturdy shredder i do recomend buying this product
on 13 November 2015
Shredder overheats in less than two minutes. Is inadequate and impractical for shredding a reasonable load of paper. The time this equipment takes to overheat and cool down is simply not helpful or useful. I am still trying to arrange collection of this product from my address. I was emailed a date and time and no one came to collect the item to this time. Now I am having problems contacting them, despite my several emails. Very disappointed!
on 21 October 2014
I use this for ocassionally shredding bank statements etc. I had accumulated a lot of bank statements and therefore, maybe had to shred about 100 papers per sitting. It stops when the overheat light is on (which I think is about 3-5min of non stop shredding). Instructions say 2 min non-stop, so I shouldn't really have made it go longer. The instructions say that I could do up to 6 sheets any one time, but I've only done 2 sheets. You do get bits sticking in the mechanism, but can easily pull that out.

What I like: You can see the shredded paper level, so you know when to empty it. Also, I like the cross-cutting, would be hard for anyone to piece the shredded bits together.

I wouldn't recommend it for heavy office jobs, but household use and occassional shredding, does the job.
on 2 March 2014
I bought this to replace a cheaper machine that started to 'chew' things up into a mangled mess of ridges across the paper. This machine does a fantastic job and cuts things up into tiny pieces rather than long strings of paper. I'm very pleased with it.
on 27 February 2014
was very good' works great just what i wanted thank you,i would tell my friends to get one thank you again'
on 14 May 2015
I bought this to replace my strip shredder and it's doing the job admirably. It's certainly more secure in terms of size of pieces and how difficult it would be to put them back together. The card shredder is a nice addition and will prove very useful in the future. It does exactly what you'd expect and at a very reasonable price. A model that looks identical is almost twice the price in Staples, so I was pleased with the price.

It was a bit disappointing that it has a recommended run time of just 2 minutes on before 30 minutes off, but I did get all of my stack done in 5 minutes, and it didn't overheat and power itself off. It's nice that it has an auto shut off to avoid damaging the unit, and an LED to indicate when it is too hot.

The instruction book (I know I don't normally read them either, but on this occasion I did) also says you should use Texet lubrication sheets once a month, which is an added expense that you should be aware of if you want to keep it in good order. I plan to use the universal lubrication oil that I already have, but I don't think it is recommended by the manufacturer.

Update 15/6/15 - After a month, and 3 uses this is going back for a refund. It worked great the first time out, but the second it started to have trouble cross cutting at both ends, and on it's third outing it wasn't cross cutting anywhere but the middle and the paper was winding round the drum causing it to jam. So very disappointed indeed. And in case you're wondering if my universal oil is to blame, I never got round to using it. A shredder that doesn't shred is about as useful as a newspaper tea cup.