Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 November 2013
I wasn't really sure what to expect from this album as i don't know a great deal about OneRepublic. I've heard a few of their older songs but really liked Counting stars when I heard it. So I listened to the samples from the album liked them too so bought it. I've had it playing constantly on my phone the past couple of days and can honestly say it's one of the best albums I own. Any of the songs could be a number one single, the lead singer has a great voice and the lyrics are fantastic. For me it has a real Coldplay mashed with early U2 anthemic sound to it, it's brilliant just buy it you won't be disappointed.
on 25 November 2013
I only recently got interested in Onerepublic after hearing Counting Stars on the radio, I then ordered this cd - loved it!! I then realised that I knew some of their older songs 'Apologise' and 'Stop and Stare' so I've since ordered two other cd's and have booked tickets to see them in Leeds next year - I love them and totally recommend this cd :-)
on 18 February 2014
Yet another brilliant album from one republic not a bad track on the whole album played in the car constantly
on 28 March 2013
When you have one of the world's hottest and most in-demand writers at your disposal, it's perplexing to be a band that hasn't quite garnered the public attention you deserve.

Sure, Apologise was a mega worldwide hit, and maybe Stop and Stare drew some interest.
But really, only All The Right Moves and Good Life made some minor impact in the states and these guys should be bigger.

Their first album - Dreaming Out Loud had some fine songs, but they kinda didn't sound very unique or exciting on a lot of the tracks.
Waking Up really saw the band flourish and find a more individual sound and identity. It was too bad the album didn't break out more.

This album follows on very well from Waking Up and moves a little more boldly forward.

So, all in all, this is a fine new album from the guys and hopefully they will get more recognition. They aren't just another indie, soft-rock band peddling Coldplay-lite songs.

These guys have their own unique sound and identity and they have some really great songs.

This album is a lot more upbeat in tempo and tone, Au Revoir being the only real ballad and a stand out one at that.

More electronic influences have crept into their sound, very comfortably so too. If I Lose Myself and Feel Again - as leading singles- showed this very well .

Standouts for me- the more stripped back Counting Stars is really vibrant and toe-tappingly infectious, great opener,

I love What You Wanted and the catchy guitar riff the song is built from,

I Lived is very catchy and screams single potential - such a great song and a great message too.

Burning Bridges is unmistakably Tedder work , just shows he doesn't always hold his best stuff back for other artists, if some big pop star was given this melody it would be a HUGE hit, it would be great this time if this could be a hit single for One Republic maybe.

Preacher is another inspiring upbeat number , again flourishes of more electro touches but this all just goes to show the boys are moving in a good direction. Maybe, this is gonna see them push forward more successfully as a commercial act.I wish them well, Waking Up shouldn't have gone below the radar as much as it did, let's hope the guys can garner a wider audience with this record.

Certainly nothing here that disappoints, another fine album turned in by some very talented musicians here.
on 7 January 2015
Superb album with every track a winner. If you want just one One Republic album - then get this ! It has been played almost continuously since I bought it. The Gold edition has extra different version tracks etc. and sometimes that can mean mediocre fillers but this album is very listenable with the extras being excellent additions/reworks rather than boring repetition.
VINE VOICEon 30 March 2013
I've followed OneRepublic since the very early days and was eagerly awaiting 'Native'. Frontman, Ryan Tedder is a ridiculous songwriting talent and one you probably don't even realise you are listening to half the time. He was responsible for Leona Lewis's monster hit 'Bleeding Love' and Beyoncé's 'Halo' amongst other things.

'Native' has a logical growth from the first two albums but doesn't move completely away from the signature sound of what have gave OneRepublic smash hits in the past. It's a little more 'worldy', probably due to large parts of the album being recorded in France and parts in Greece. The standout track for me was 'Burning Bridges' for its sheer ability to move me and make me wish I had written the song about my life. There's plenty more to like here though. If you love those pulsating OneRepublic beats try 'If I Lose Myself' or 'What You Wanted'.

If you're new to OneRepublic (where have you been?) I always describe them as the best bits of Coldplay with all the right bits of commercial urban music.

The deluxe version is totally worth it not only for the acoustic tracks but the very anthemic 'Life in Color'.
on 7 January 2015
Interesting CD, will be cherry picking my favourite tunes off as find it a little repetitive and over poweringly bassy on some tracks.
Fun fact: The 2014 X-factor winner re-recorded and tweak his "winning single" from this CD - the album version of the song makes much more sense and is much darker (but brilliantly so!)...
on 24 October 2013
Great album, but one small fault. The track listing is different on amazon to what you actually get. On the mp3 version you don't get the allesso remix of if I lose myself. This is one of the best song one the album.
on 1 January 2015
The opening track Counting Stars is a stand-out. If the band could replicate that formula they would be huge. Whilst the other songs are good, they lack the cutting edge of Counting Stars - but the album is still worth adding to your collection
on 21 September 2015
Never before have a truly appreciated every track on an album as much as this.

I don't know anything about this group but this cd is my favourite. And in case you're wondering I'm mid forties with a love of almost all music except heavy rock, acid and quite a lot of jazz. Other than that I listen to it all.

If you can honestly say you like music then I promise you that you will genuinely love something about this album. It is a raw masterpiece yet to be appreciated.