I Can See Clearly Now
Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£7.79

on 27 February 2014
`I Can See Clearly Now' written by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer is the new book from man who is considered one of the best motivational speaker, the author of several exceptionally well-selling books on motivation and inspiration subjects.

Behind him is more than 40 books, but what distinguishes `I Can See Clearly Now' from all of them are autobiographical motifs as its main theme, therefore his many highly motivational, inspirational, even spiritual advices that can help reader are wrapped up in his own life experiences. Dr. Wayne W. Dyer with his book wrote self-help literature in its essence; he helps reader to find the causes and answers to their problems by allowing people to take a lot better advantages of their own potentials which often they are not even aware of.

On almost 400 pages in 60 chapters the author reviews his rich life from birth until today, his professional career and achievements, making it clear how very little in our lives happen by chance or as a product of luck that we often call upon. For this reason It's evident that the title of Dr. Dyer's book is not an accidental choice, the author is now in a situation that he can see all of his previous lifetime, he can see who and which role played in his life, what were his expectations, and what were results - he is mature, full of life wisdom, and the image he sees is clear now.

What Dr. Dyer should certainly be recognized for is his ability to present the theme he discusses about in a way that it's understandable and easy to accept for each reader, what made him so popular author of many readers who recognized his desire not to mystify what he's talking about, but with his language and style tries to get every reader feel good after reading his books - because they understood them and therefore their messages and lessons were helpful. In this respect, his latest book is not different from the others, with the difference that here he took his own life as a measure, and using own examples he tried to convey to the reader those messages he considers important.

Therefore, `I Can See Clearly Now' will certainly be interesting to those who are already fans of his long-time writing and teaching because from it they will be able to learn a lot about the life of this man. On the other hand, those who with it will for the first time encounter work of Dr. Wayne W. Dyer will also enjoy his book that is easy to read and understand, while slowly realizing how his life experiences and events that were happening around Dr. Dyer influenced his thinking.
on 9 February 2014
This book is really chunky ... and having published two self development books myself I can only admire (and be in awe of) the amount of work, effort and love that Wayne Dyer has put into 'I Can See Clearly Now.'

Some readers may feel put off by such a big book, but the writing gets to the point very quickly. Each chapter begins with one of Wayne Dyer's personal stories and ends with his (now 'divine') understanding of what that particular experience was teaching him or preparing him for.

The really clever part of this book is that not only did I find out lots of new information about the author, including his endearing human frailties, but I also found myself constantly cross referencing my own experiences and reflecting on the deeper meanings of them.

Overall a hugely inspiring and comforting book, that reminds us how (even during our darkest periods) we are all connected and loved.

Jo Phillips, UK
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 1 April 2014
I must confess that Wayne Dyer has been one of my spiritual teachers for some time. In this book he describes how he has grown throughout his life from the small boy experiencing the absences of his father within his home, and the implications of this to him and his family and how this all relates to the spiratual man he is today. He describes how experiences within his life have been monumental to the man that he understands himself to be now. Hence the title 'I Can See Clearly Now'

As I read through the book I got to know and understand the man who I have always viewed as an inspiration. I note that he has worked extremely hard to overcome obstacles and attitudes. WDyer believes that we are all here as spiritual beings having a human experience, and throughout this book he shares his mission here on earth to help each individual become the best they can be.

Unlike his other self help books though, I Can See Clearly Now explores his personal journey in more detail.
I got to know the man more and his dedication to healing and growth. I now understand through his reflections how the small boy, became the counsellor, the teacher and spiritual man, and how each experience in his life helped support his journey.

Ultimately as I read this book, I too could see a lot clearer, as I reflected through events in my own life which brought about change. And as Mr Dyer would often quote throughout many of his books including this one....if you change the way you look at things the things you look at change.. A definite must read for all Wayne Dyer fans and if your just new to this author you quite possibly will see your life in a much more synchronistic way than ever before...enjoy...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Wayne Dyer is inspirational. I have many of his books and love all of them. He writes from the heart and also with great knowledge. What is so marvellous about this book is that it fills in the gaps, because he traces his path autobiographically, from very difficult beginnings to enormous success. From quite early on, he began to see himself as a teacher and helper and was gradually led more and more into exploring the realm of spirituality. He is a life changing teacher. His emphasis on getting rid of ego and sending out love rather than anger or hatred is wonderful and so needed in a world which often seems to be unable or unwilling to learn. If any of my friends is in distress, I always send them a Wayne Dyer book.
on 1 May 2014
This book helps to understand Dyer's life, how he made his own choices. Rather than a self-help book of exercises, goal-setting tasks etc. this is Dyer and his life: what has made him strong. We get see him at his lowest points. We read how he has managed to pull himself through the hardest times in his life. It's raw. I love learning how other people have overcome hardship, it's inspiring to watch others grow from their problems they've had to face. This book shows how Dyer saw his problems as solutions to a better life.

This book shows us how Dyer follows his path, how he understands the stepping stones that led him to where he needed to be in his life. I think this book is a must-read for anyone who feels at a loss in their own world, or resassurance that they should follow their own destiny.
on 30 May 2014
Held out such high hopes for this book but all it seemed to be was the author banging on about how great he was...... Couldn't finish it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I have much enjoyed the most recent books of Wayne Dyer, the ones dealing with spirituality.

In the present book, Wayne goes through the events of his life, particularly elucidating his insights and understandings about his dharma.

At the age of 10, he looks forward to his teacher reading aloud from Frances Hodgson Burnett's “Secret Garden”, and takes it upon himself to discipline his class to behave to they won't be deprived of the day's reading. He realizes that there is a secret garden “where miracles and magic abound, and it's available to anyone who makes the choice to visit there”.

Wayne's father deserts his family, and Wayne comes to spend most of his childhood in orphanages and foster homes, but is always cheerful and optimistic, teaching others that everything is going to work out all right.

Wayne spends his adult life teaching, lecturing, and writing on self-reliance, and understands why he needed this “negative” start in life, and to develop independence and self-reliance. He also learnt compassion and kindness toward others from an early age.

Throughout the book Wayne shows us how he learnt to turn around all the negative experiences of his life, large and small – he turned negative into positive.

He took exception to “groupthink mentality” – he couldn't be one of the herd. He learnt always to follow his gut feelings, and do what he knew was right, no matter the circumstances. He was destined to have no bosses, no employers, no rules, only his own inner callings.

From an early age he was influenced by the writings of Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau.

Writing is not what he does, it is what he is.

He realizes that his alcoholic father's desertion of him and the rest of the family was a gift –his father was his greatest teacher.

Wayne has always been full of hate towards his father, but realizes it was perfect for his development to have an absent father, and on visiting his father's grave, he is filled with love and forgiveness. On experiencing this forgiveness, he finds that everything in his life begins to work out effortlessly. He writes a book in 14 days after having dispelled “the angst from my soul”, and this book, “Your Erroneous Zones”, becomes the number-one-selling book of the decade.

One of the missions of his life is to be a man who judges no-one; he also knows that he is a teacher, and constantly affirms “I am a teacher!”

One of Wayne's great teachers is Abraham Maslow with his message of self-actualization. He encourages his clients to “seek their own innate greatness”.

It is clear to him that everything and every person is divinely connected. What we do affects everyone.

He becomes a professor teaching graduate students, but realizes he must give up this career in order to devote himself to writing and promoting his books.

Instead of asking “What's in it for me?”, he learns to ask “How may I serve?”

Wayne is honoured to meet one of his heroes, Dr. Viktor Frankl, who survived the death camps, Auschwitz and Dachau, and wrote “Man's Search for Meaning”. Frankl says: “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves”. He also is blessed to meet Mother Teresa.

When running a marathon in Greece, Wayne collapses from exhaustion in the heat, but connects with a being he calls Eykis, who comes to him in his dreams. She tells him that he is strong and will finish the race, and be guided by her all the way; his energy is replenished and he crosses the finish line.

He begins to write books about God and higher awareness.

He takes a group of people to Assisi in Italy, the birthplace of St. Francis, by whom he is much inspired. Forgetting that he has a serious knee problem, when walking up a hill. Wayne takes on his back a young man with muscular dystrophy, and is about to collapse, when he sees the apparition of St. Francis, who motions him upwards. He then begins to run “with unabated energy”; his knee feels as if it's never been stronger. He realizes his knee has been healed by St. Francis and he no longer needs a knee replacement.

Wayne also recounts the distant healing of his leukemia by John of God, and the distressing event of his wife leaving him.

And if I missed anything in the book, I think it was more information about and references to Wayne's wife and marriage as a whole, though he does tell us about his eight children.

These are a few of the salient points of Wayne's development and events of his life discussed in the book.

Thus, I highly recommend that you read this inspiring, autobiographical book, in which Wayne illustrates how he has used the challenging circumstances and events in his life to push himself forward, and to turn the negatives into positives. Read this book, and be inspired!
on 28 February 2015
Whilst I had much respect for Waynes offerings on youtube it was only through this book that I understood how powerful the outcome of the lessons of holding ones own truth with courage and intergrity can be. A man's life journey....holding his truth yet also letting go of that which needs to change.
In that process bringing transformation beyond his wildest imaginings, along with humility and compassion.....and a life of service to 1,000s
If you are like me you may find 1st few chapters seem a self indulgence into his personal history,if so be patient the picture fills out, becomes clear.
on 10 February 2015
Rather large tome. Have followed WD for some while and like his books and videos, but I found this rather slow and pity there is no title to chapters. The best for me is the last quarter where there is more explanation of some of the things we already know. It is an autobiography or account of his life and examines how he has moved from one situation to another. Useful to me to read exactly what some of his previous titles are about.
on 17 February 2015
Good product, does exactly what I want edit to do. The quality is good and it came quickly, well packaged and in decent new condition. From y experience of this supplier I would be happy yo buy from them again and do so confidently. I may even order another one so As a spare. I intend to look at other products from this supplier and would be happy to tell others of my experience and details of the products I purchased.