I Can See Clearly Now
Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£7.79

on 27 February 2014
`I Can See Clearly Now' written by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer is the new book from man who is considered one of the best motivational speaker, the author of several exceptionally well-selling books on motivation and inspiration subjects.

Behind him is more than 40 books, but what distinguishes `I Can See Clearly Now' from all of them are autobiographical motifs as its main theme, therefore his many highly motivational, inspirational, even spiritual advices that can help reader are wrapped up in his own life experiences. Dr. Wayne W. Dyer with his book wrote self-help literature in its essence; he helps reader to find the causes and answers to their problems by allowing people to take a lot better advantages of their own potentials which often they are not even aware of.

On almost 400 pages in 60 chapters the author reviews his rich life from birth until today, his professional career and achievements, making it clear how very little in our lives happen by chance or as a product of luck that we often call upon. For this reason It's evident that the title of Dr. Dyer's book is not an accidental choice, the author is now in a situation that he can see all of his previous lifetime, he can see who and which role played in his life, what were his expectations, and what were results - he is mature, full of life wisdom, and the image he sees is clear now.

What Dr. Dyer should certainly be recognized for is his ability to present the theme he discusses about in a way that it's understandable and easy to accept for each reader, what made him so popular author of many readers who recognized his desire not to mystify what he's talking about, but with his language and style tries to get every reader feel good after reading his books - because they understood them and therefore their messages and lessons were helpful. In this respect, his latest book is not different from the others, with the difference that here he took his own life as a measure, and using own examples he tried to convey to the reader those messages he considers important.

Therefore, `I Can See Clearly Now' will certainly be interesting to those who are already fans of his long-time writing and teaching because from it they will be able to learn a lot about the life of this man. On the other hand, those who with it will for the first time encounter work of Dr. Wayne W. Dyer will also enjoy his book that is easy to read and understand, while slowly realizing how his life experiences and events that were happening around Dr. Dyer influenced his thinking.
on 9 February 2014
This book is really chunky ... and having published two self development books myself I can only admire (and be in awe of) the amount of work, effort and love that Wayne Dyer has put into 'I Can See Clearly Now.'

Some readers may feel put off by such a big book, but the writing gets to the point very quickly. Each chapter begins with one of Wayne Dyer's personal stories and ends with his (now 'divine') understanding of what that particular experience was teaching him or preparing him for.

The really clever part of this book is that not only did I find out lots of new information about the author, including his endearing human frailties, but I also found myself constantly cross referencing my own experiences and reflecting on the deeper meanings of them.

Overall a hugely inspiring and comforting book, that reminds us how (even during our darkest periods) we are all connected and loved.

Jo Phillips, UK
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 1 April 2014
I must confess that Wayne Dyer has been one of my spiritual teachers for some time. In this book he describes how he has grown throughout his life from the small boy experiencing the absences of his father within his home, and the implications of this to him and his family and how this all relates to the spiratual man he is today. He describes how experiences within his life have been monumental to the man that he understands himself to be now. Hence the title 'I Can See Clearly Now'

As I read through the book I got to know and understand the man who I have always viewed as an inspiration. I note that he has worked extremely hard to overcome obstacles and attitudes. WDyer believes that we are all here as spiritual beings having a human experience, and throughout this book he shares his mission here on earth to help each individual become the best they can be.

Unlike his other self help books though, I Can See Clearly Now explores his personal journey in more detail.
I got to know the man more and his dedication to healing and growth. I now understand through his reflections how the small boy, became the counsellor, the teacher and spiritual man, and how each experience in his life helped support his journey.

Ultimately as I read this book, I too could see a lot clearer, as I reflected through events in my own life which brought about change. And as Mr Dyer would often quote throughout many of his books including this one....if you change the way you look at things the things you look at change.. A definite must read for all Wayne Dyer fans and if your just new to this author you quite possibly will see your life in a much more synchronistic way than ever before...enjoy...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Wayne Dyer is inspirational. I have many of his books and love all of them. He writes from the heart and also with great knowledge. What is so marvellous about this book is that it fills in the gaps, because he traces his path autobiographically, from very difficult beginnings to enormous success. From quite early on, he began to see himself as a teacher and helper and was gradually led more and more into exploring the realm of spirituality. He is a life changing teacher. His emphasis on getting rid of ego and sending out love rather than anger or hatred is wonderful and so needed in a world which often seems to be unable or unwilling to learn. If any of my friends is in distress, I always send them a Wayne Dyer book.
VINE VOICEon 11 August 2015
Format: PaperbackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Another insightful book from one of the stars of the personal development world, Dr Wayne Dyer.
Dr Dyer shares various events throughout his life and looks at them from the perspective of a wisdom-seeker, aiming to understand and to heal the past - and to learn and grow in wisdom and compassion. His story starts in 1941, when he was 18 months old and his mother had just escaped from a dreadful domestic violence situation, and it comes to a conclusion in 2012, with the description of a wonderful and uplifting time that just preceded the writing of this book.
The main way most of us learn our life lessons is by personal experience - but books like this, where someone with real personal insight shares their own stories and conclusions, can be very helpful both for making sense of our own journey and for giving validation to those insights we have arrived at by ourselves. Most of us have no guru or teacher to guide and advise us and so this sort of book can be of immense value in supporting our personal learning.
I have to say, though, that I am not a big fan of Dr Dyer's writing style. It is about as subtle as an air raid. He is constantly big-noting himself and name dropping - and if I have to read the phrase 'I can see clearly now' one more time I think I will throw the book through the window! He uses it SO often it just gets on your nerves after a while. So I have deducted one star.
on 1 May 2014
This book helps to understand Dyer's life, how he made his own choices. Rather than a self-help book of exercises, goal-setting tasks etc. this is Dyer and his life: what has made him strong. We get see him at his lowest points. We read how he has managed to pull himself through the hardest times in his life. It's raw. I love learning how other people have overcome hardship, it's inspiring to watch others grow from their problems they've had to face. This book shows how Dyer saw his problems as solutions to a better life.

This book shows us how Dyer follows his path, how he understands the stepping stones that led him to where he needed to be in his life. I think this book is a must-read for anyone who feels at a loss in their own world, or resassurance that they should follow their own destiny.
on 30 May 2014
Held out such high hopes for this book but all it seemed to be was the author banging on about how great he was...... Couldn't finish it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 28 February 2015
Whilst I had much respect for Waynes offerings on youtube it was only through this book that I understood how powerful the outcome of the lessons of holding ones own truth with courage and intergrity can be. A man's life journey....holding his truth yet also letting go of that which needs to change.
In that process bringing transformation beyond his wildest imaginings, along with humility and compassion.....and a life of service to 1,000s
If you are like me you may find 1st few chapters seem a self indulgence into his personal history,if so be patient the picture fills out, becomes clear.
VINE VOICEon 26 August 2015
Format: PaperbackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I can see clearly now:
Dr Wayne Dyer writes up his life story in a format that shows us how our lives are directed and guided by 'the Universe / Spirit / God' and our own will which, according to our mindfulness, awareness and attitude can help us achieve and realise purpose, meaning and fulfilment in our own lives.

In this memoir format, Dr Dyer starts each chapter with some memorable event in his life: his early childhood memories with his family, to then being put into foster care, to then starting school, to the Navy, to college, to work … With this event (that always seems incredibly challenging) there comes a positive outcome and each chapter concludes with the "I can see clearly now" paradigm; providing a palpable explanation for those events and how his actions / attitudes / beliefs enabled a fortunate consequence.

The book is well written, with great enthusiasm, energy and encouragement. You breathe in his zeal and zest for life. He quotes his favourite books, authors, presenters, phrases and scriptures that colour the prose.
He says - "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change". And this is the essence of much that is written here. He talks about Alignment: the Universe aligns us with people and the circumstances in order to continue in the direction that we need to go - whether we realise the destination or not (!).
He says "Follow your heart, stay aligned with your Source of being - love - and let the Universe take care of the details". (Don't think my bank manager sees it quite like that).
I found it odd that as he talks about love - and he professes huge love for his mother, his brothers and forgiveness to his father - yet we never get to learn much about his love life - his wife, his children … in the detail you'd expect in this type of memoir. Yet there are chapters and chapters and chapters on his training and teaching and his drive for success (starting with publishing his books) - and I found myself skipping pages - feeling as though I'd just read the same thing in the chapter before. I think the book could have been 100 pages less and I wouldn't feel less wise or satisfied. I imagine for Dr Dyer the whole exercise was quite cathartic and healing.

He encourages us readers to do a similar account and highlight how life has steered us down our paths. Hmmm. For me, working with many cancer patients I am struggling to see for many of them, how that has been positive. For some, it has been a huge wake up call to 'change their terrain' as I call it! For others I have seen tragic, painful and heart breaking consequences and I question how Source / Universe intervened or influenced that with any positive outcome.

So, it was an interesting book. A huge read. Engaging, albeit sometimes a bit repetitive and sometimes a bit preachy. But I enjoyed it and imagine it will be a book I will refer to and some of those quotes have been noted elsewhere for my regular attention and memory. It certainly encourages us to look at life in a positive framework and identify how we can get ourselves on track and with purpose.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I have much enjoyed the most recent books of Wayne Dyer, the ones dealing with spirituality.

In the present book, Wayne goes through the events of his life, particularly elucidating his insights and understandings about his dharma.

At the age of 10, he looks forward to his teacher reading aloud from Frances Hodgson Burnett's “Secret Garden”, and takes it upon himself to discipline his class to behave to they won't be deprived of the day's reading. He realizes that there is a secret garden “where miracles and magic abound, and it's available to anyone who makes the choice to visit there”.

Wayne's father deserts his family, and Wayne comes to spend most of his childhood in orphanages and foster homes, but is always cheerful and optimistic, teaching others that everything is going to work out all right.

Wayne spends his adult life teaching, lecturing, and writing on self-reliance, and understands why he needed this “negative” start in life, and to develop independence and self-reliance. He also learnt compassion and kindness toward others from an early age.

Throughout the book Wayne shows us how he learnt to turn around all the negative experiences of his life, large and small – he turned negative into positive.

He took exception to “groupthink mentality” – he couldn't be one of the herd. He learnt always to follow his gut feelings, and do what he knew was right, no matter the circumstances. He was destined to have no bosses, no employers, no rules, only his own inner callings.

From an early age he was influenced by the writings of Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau.

Writing is not what he does, it is what he is.

He realizes that his alcoholic father's desertion of him and the rest of the family was a gift –his father was his greatest teacher.

Wayne has always been full of hate towards his father, but realizes it was perfect for his development to have an absent father, and on visiting his father's grave, he is filled with love and forgiveness. On experiencing this forgiveness, he finds that everything in his life begins to work out effortlessly. He writes a book in 14 days after having dispelled “the angst from my soul”, and this book, “Your Erroneous Zones”, becomes the number-one-selling book of the decade.

One of the missions of his life is to be a man who judges no-one; he also knows that he is a teacher, and constantly affirms “I am a teacher!”

One of Wayne's great teachers is Abraham Maslow with his message of self-actualization. He encourages his clients to “seek their own innate greatness”.

It is clear to him that everything and every person is divinely connected. What we do affects everyone.

He becomes a professor teaching graduate students, but realizes he must give up this career in order to devote himself to writing and promoting his books.

Instead of asking “What's in it for me?”, he learns to ask “How may I serve?”

Wayne is honoured to meet one of his heroes, Dr. Viktor Frankl, who survived the death camps, Auschwitz and Dachau, and wrote “Man's Search for Meaning”. Frankl says: “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves”. He also is blessed to meet Mother Teresa.

When running a marathon in Greece, Wayne collapses from exhaustion in the heat, but connects with a being he calls Eykis, who comes to him in his dreams. She tells him that he is strong and will finish the race, and be guided by her all the way; his energy is replenished and he crosses the finish line.

He begins to write books about God and higher awareness.

He takes a group of people to Assisi in Italy, the birthplace of St. Francis, by whom he is much inspired. Forgetting that he has a serious knee problem, when walking up a hill. Wayne takes on his back a young man with muscular dystrophy, and is about to collapse, when he sees the apparition of St. Francis, who motions him upwards. He then begins to run “with unabated energy”; his knee feels as if it's never been stronger. He realizes his knee has been healed by St. Francis and he no longer needs a knee replacement.

Wayne also recounts the distant healing of his leukemia by John of God, and the distressing event of his wife leaving him.

And if I missed anything in the book, I think it was more information about and references to Wayne's wife and marriage as a whole, though he does tell us about his eight children.

These are a few of the salient points of Wayne's development and events of his life discussed in the book.

Thus, I highly recommend that you read this inspiring, autobiographical book, in which Wayne illustrates how he has used the challenging circumstances and events in his life to push himself forward, and to turn the negatives into positives. Read this book, and be inspired!