Most helpful positive review
23 of 25 people found the following review helpful
OUTSTANDING ALBUM OF SONGS!!
on 8 November 2013
Shane Filan has come a long way from the early days of Westlife where they were regarded as a typical Boy Band/Mixed Groups of it's time and every other band (eg. Cliff & The Shadows, Herman's Hermits, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Boyzone etc.) period since Pop music began commercially in the 1950s. However sometimes out of the group the lead singer or a group member become highly successful in their own right. Shane Filan has the beginnings of being in the making of such a successful Artist judging by the high standard of music on this Album YOU AND ME.
Shane Filan's vocals are finely tuned to the individual song, particularly the ballad tracks where he sings them with conviction.
Shane has become a Singer/Songwriter as on all the songs on this Album and I understand by Shane Filan's interviews I've seen on youtube that his lyrics are inspired by his personal life. And the sentiments are clearly positively featured on all the songs. The whole album sounds like Folk/Country/Pop with a 'concept' flavour. Each are arranged in such a way that they are 'catchy' and the music tempo works extremely well. Shane has taken a new direction musically away from the Westlife style of songs. An artist has to progress in life to grow in his/her craft.
1. Everything to me: This is a jolly crowd pleasing song, though personally it's not a strong track compared to the majority of songs on this CD.
2. About you: A much stronger song in arrangement.
3. All you need to know: This sounds like a 1970s ballad folk-pop ballad with orchestra in the background. Shane extends his vocals on this one. Flawless. A terrific song.
4. Knee deep in my heart: A nice uptempo folk-country sound. Uplifting.
5. One of these days: Catchy tune with meaningful lyrics.
6. Everytime: My personal favourite. A powerful song arrangement musically. Flawless.
7. Always tomorrow: This song takes time to almost reflects on the whole album in this ballad.
8. When I met you: A great country-folk flavour tune.
9. Everything's gonna be alright: Straight forward easy going song, with good lyrics.
10. Coming home: Another 1970s ballad style song. Excellent vocals. A brilliant song.
11. Baby let's dance: A brilliant uptempo track. From the opening of the song to vocals, this song rocks!. Has a slight country sound mixed with a 1960s/70s touch, flavoured with commercial pop. What a blend!
12. In the end: The only song that sounds direct from a Westlife Album. A great track. Glad it's the only song on this album sounds like Westlife.
13. You and me: A simple rhythmic song. A neat ballad/piano track. A nice song to go out with the end of this Album.
On the whole this CD album 'YOU AND ME' was a real pleasure to listen to. Sometimes when you buy a CD, you select particular tracks on playlists and ignore some of the other lesser songs. NOT on this Shane Filan Album. Sounding like a 'Greatest Hits' CD, every track was worth listening to. Since I got the CD, I've listen to it as a whole many times as well as other artists, like most people in the background whilst getting on with things!
A highly recommended must buy.