Size: 21.5-inchStyle Name: D-SUBChange
Price:£85.47+ Free shipping

on 22 December 2014
Arrived yesterday from Amazon. Good delivery even on Sunday before Christmas. Very good straight out of the box......good colours, image clarity, and sharp and easy to set up too. Brightness a little high but it can be adjusted. Both DVI and VGA leads supplied, though I'm using the DVI normally and keeping the HDMI input (no lead supplied - bought a 1.5m one) for plugging my laptop into. Menus are ok once you get you're head round what each does. Nice blue power light. Stand is fine, my monitor has very slight (mm maybe) lean to the right, if you wobble the desk the monitor moves for maybe 5 secs rather than the 30 secs identified by a previous reviewer - no worse than others I've had. I am very happy I went for the better IPS monitor and no speakers. No dead pixels or hints of anything untoward. My advice......buy it!
11 comment35 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 October 2015
I now have two of these, having bought one initially to replace an LG monitor that had major backlight bleeding before the whole thing turned green. I wanted another IPS panel to replace it even though there was a high risk of it happening again, but I have had no issues since. Gotta give it to Asus, they do make solid products.

At first I was a little wary of the bezel being so big, but that has also been a none-issue, since I'm using dual screen for two separate screens now rather than one extended one. It was usable straight out the box, I haven't found any need to change settings, and I left the power saver turned on, so the screens go black when they've been idle for so long.

I use these for everything: work, gaming (pc and consoles hooked up), tv and movies, they're easy on the eyes.
review image
22 comments22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 April 2014
This arrived this morning, the 5th day after ordering, and I have been testing it throughout the day. The monitor is great, with no dead pixels that I can see and no noticeable input lag. The colour presets aren’t very good - all being over saturated or washed out in my opinion, but that is easily fixed in the settings. I will edit if any defects come up in the future.
on 7 March 2015
Lovely monitor, works straight out of the box. No need to adjust colour settings. Did have to centre the picture though but the auto adjust button worked well for that. The DVI to HDMI cable was nice to see in the box and is the one I'm using. Haven't tried the speakers on the monitor as I have my own external speakers but others say the monitor speakers aren't great but they never are so no surprise.
on 1 November 2014
Got two of these for my PC. For the price I paid (€84 each), they're great value. There are some issues with viewing angles, but for €84 for a 1080p 60fps modern monitor I wouldn't expect it to be flawless. That being said, don't get these monitors if your sole usage will be for movies/tv while sitting back or lying back. They're not great for that. But for everyday one-person pc usage sitting directly in front of the screen, I highly recommend this monitor.
0Comment38 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 September 2014
I just had one of these delivered as part of a pc that I had built by chill blast. Was not expecting much from a relatively cheap monitor. However when I came to calibrate it with a proper calibration tool I found it was already spot on. I had to knock the red level down a touch but otherwise the monitor was perfect out of the box. So much so it's immediately shown up how awful the other 2 monitors in my set up are forcing me to order 2 more of these. Highly recommended.
on 6 November 2014
Love it got 2 of them at the moment and getting another near xmas for my gaming seutp
review image
11 comment36 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 January 2015
It is a great monitor for it's price, it comes with a VGA and a DVI cable plus a EU and a UK power cable. The stand is simply clip on, and is made of plastic, but it does it's job. The menu is a bit cumbersome until you get used to it. The image quality is really good, no dead pixels, haven't checked for light bleeding, but so far haven't notice any.

I definitely recommend it.
on 4 August 2014
I bought this for my on going-gaming build set up, originally I was going to buy 2 of these but with mixed reviews I bought only 1 just to try it out. And seeing as it only uses a VGA cable I was gutted when I opened the box and realized, fault on my part for not fully researching the monitor. I hooked it all up, optimized a few games to higher settings to push the graphics a little more, result; it was like crystal, the display was perfect, I played games, did a bit of editing and watched a 1080p film, It's amazing, don't slate VGA until you've tried it.

Can't knock it at all this quality I expect from a £150+ buy, it's great!!!

- Jack
11 comment37 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2015
I don't want to judge too harshly to soon which is why I went 3 star but i am struggling to find a positive to say about the display. I am a computer programmer and bought the for a dual screen setup. I find the text to be very blurry with bleeding around the words and their is a definite quality difference between the screen of my laptop and the Asus monitor.. The monitor overall feels cheap and i guess i should have upped the amount i was willing to spend rather than going for a cheap one.

Will see if I can find a way to improve the text and update.

--------UPDATE-----------
Issue has been resolved and upgraded to review to 5*. The issue i was having seemed to be due to the VGA cable. Changed to a displayport to DVI cable and now i can see what everybody else was saying. Text is crystal clear now. For anybody else who may experience similar problems i recommend this cable http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LUPU76G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00.