3.3 out of 5 stars1,249

on 21 October 2013
I was very sceptical when I saw the tv adverts for this product, but it really is as good as they say. Easy to store, easy to handle, no kinks, lightweight.
on 29 August 2014
So, I stupidly bought this, thinking it was like the "seen on TV" expandable hose. Well, it is, at least for the first ten minutes. Unfortunately, it exploded the 3rd time it was used. Having had an ExHose (which only broke when the neighbour's car drove over it, as I was using it...) for 18 months, I realise I should've noticed that the ExHose was not much more expensive, but did not come with a spray gun. This is not cheap because a patent has run out, it's just cheap because it's rubbish. I did get onto Amazon about replacing it, but frankly, waiting for it to dry out, and then the fuss of packing it and going to the PO, was far more than this deserved.
33 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 March 2015
Was excited to get this product, cause it looked great, and got a high star rating, now, when I've came on to write this review, I notice that it has as many bad stars, as good (and for good reason).

I'm not sure if this is an American product or not, but, I've tried it on every tap, and it does not fit. Ugh!!
on 25 July 2014
To some extent the hose is fine - it does what it says it will: it expands when you pressurize it, it has a superb spray gun and it wriggles back to its original length when you turn off the water and release the stored water.
BUT it's delicate!!
Keep it clear of your rose bushes otherwise the thorns will puncture it and cause a leak.
Don't pull it when it's at its full extension otherwise you will pull the hose out of either the gun end or the tap end.
Be careful how you drag it around. If you drag it over a stone clad or concrete patio you will wear holes in the fabric outer, eventually allowing an alarming bubble of internal hose to pop out. Unless you have a nice smooth tiled patio you have to lift it everywhere when pressurized.
It's been interesting having one but I wouldn't recommend you rush out and buy one.
on 17 January 2014
Unfortunately both ends of the hose keep coming out of the fixings because of the expansion/pressure as the hose expands
Altogether a somewhat disappointing outcome
on 17 May 2014
Due to mixed reviews I decided to try this hose but ordered from a seller who had cheaper prices...it took quite a while to arrive but it came direct from China, so understandable.
My husband has used it to wash the car and says it was much easier than wrestling with our old hose. We seem to have quite high water pressure so it expands fairly well. Whether it will snap or spring a leak as other reviewers reported remains to be seen but as that seems to be a problem even with the expensive branded hoses,I think I made the right choice.
I have since bought the quick snap on attachment which joins hose to tap,as I don't think the plastic threaded connector that comes with the hose will survive being screwed on and off too often. This sometimes is included with the more expensive sellers but only cost a few pounds separately.

Aug 17th 2014
After using for light watering of the garden every few days ( not much use lately due to rain) since I wrote the earlier review....
As a lot if other customers said I heard a pop behind me and the hose had burst...this after I have spent money on two quick release attachments and another item to join two together ...this is a bit annoying but proves that it's not worth buying the cheap copy.
Buy cheap buy twice!!
on 21 October 2013
My husband used this found it very good . I bought it because the normal hose pipe was too heavy and big for me to use like it very much
on 10 July 2015
broke three times! useless... I have bought one at the beginning of June and brought it to my house in Spain. That one broke, the tube has a seam hence if there is a weak point it will burst. I fixed it and so far so good. This second one broke three times in 4 days of use!! don't buy and revert to original hoses. and when trying it the first time, stay away from computers and other equipment that may get damaged if wet. MESSY! And i cannot get a refund unless I carry them in my luggage back to UK and ship them back - which will cost me more in junk weight than anything.
on 2 May 2014
Excellent product. Arrived on time, easily attached. Functional.efficient and compact. A very good choice at a competetive price, I'm very pleased with this purchase,
on 6 September 2013
i would recom this hose and getting in from thissite was a lot cheaper am a very happy owner of an x hose