on 10 February 2014
Before I got this Avent Monitor, I had the BT 250 for 5 months and I was loving it. The sound quality was AMAZING, really fantastic. However, the battery life of the BT monitor began decreasing dramatically, and the display started fading... I had to return it and Amazon was amazing, like always, and refunded me.

So I read some reviews and decided to try this Philips Avent. Overall a great product, easy to assemble, simple to get used to, no interference. However, once you have tried the BT sound quality, there's nothing like it! I constantly use this Avent Monitor in the maximum Sensitivity because I want to hear every sound my baby makes (she has reflux), and if you decrease the level of Sensitivity, the monitor shuts down automatically, and only makes sound if your baby makes sounds too. I don't know it this is because I'm used to hear everything, but I don't like it when the monitor turns off, so I use the max. sentitivity.

I don't really care much for these Lullabies, as I think they're quite "electronic", not really baby-ey.

Overall a good monitor, nice quality, great design, but if it wasn't for the BT problems, I would prefer BT 250.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it, so I would recommend it and give 5 stars.
on 11 December 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The most important thing when buying a baby monitor is the quality of the sound and in this area the `Philips AVENT DECT Baby Monitor SCD560' excels. Both units are easy to set up, just take them out of the packets, give them a little charge and you are ready to go. The sound clarity is excellent and has no interference from the rest of the utilities in the house. The range should easily cover the range of most people's houses, unless you happen to have more than one wing.

The device itself is of excellent build quality and has more than just the basic features. You can talk through your parent module to soothe the baby, or remotely set off a lullaby to try and let them drift off again before popping up to see. Another nice extra is the night light and is just the correct level of brightness so as not to wake anyone up! The device comes with a good battery life that should last all the night and most of the day, but will need recharging regularly. Therefore, the fact that this process takes so long is a bit of a shame. The `SCD560' does work whilst charging, so should not prove a huge issue if there is a plug socket in the baby's room. Overall, a great product.
VINE VOICEon 26 December 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I don't really know much about baby monitors because there was no such thing when my family were young. I watch my great niece now and use this and it is superb. I cannot imagine anything that was better thought out or with more features.
The sound is fantastic! It actually sounds as though the baby is in the room with you as every movement is clear. Also a lovely feature is that you can talk to the baby to reassure them. You also don't need to worry about this cutting out because it beeps when it is low. It also plays lullabies and has a soothing glow which is lovely. Most important for me though is the temperature sensor, which is always a bit of a worry.
This is so wonderful for new parents and gives them the total reassurance they need. I absolutely and thoroughly recommend this easy to use and brilliant device! it is a MUST!
on 24 August 2015
Had the previous model of this for our first child, stuck and stuck with the same as got on with it well. This model has more features but not ones we are likely to use. Down side is lullabies are quite plinky plonky and there is a long pause between one finishing and the next one starting. I keep thinking they have finished only for another one to start. Overall we are pleased but feel last model was good enough and didn't need the 'improvements'.
on 21 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The feature that stands out for me on this monitor is the lullaby feature. Unlike my usual monitor this can be turned on from the parent unit, which is invaluable when they're nearly asleep but not quite there yet and you don't want to go in and excite them. We took this with us on holiday and it was brilliant as for the first time she fell asleep without the mobile on. I have to admit our daughter was born 12 weeks early we never attended parenting classes, so I don't know what temperature a room should be. It is however great for getting an idea if it's too warm in there, in summer even at night her room was showing as 24C whereas now it's November it's dropping down to 17 - I know to put the heating on even if the room I'm in is warm. I don't have much use for the light but it's a handy feature to have if you need just a tiny bit of light to put some blankets over them or check how they're sleeping.
on 18 April 2016
We bought this to replace another monitor that whilst working decided to drop the connection with increasing regularity. This unit has not suffered from the same issues and maintains a strong signal all over our old house with very thick walls. It even keeps a good signal at the very bottom of our garden which is several hundred feet away from our house. Really have not found any faults with this monitor and it is worth the money just because it doesn't wake us up in the middle of the night because it dropped the connection!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a very good monitor. I also have the BT Monitor and pacifier and the BT video monitor.

Sound quality is fantastic as one would expect from a DECT signal and range was very good. Both were equal to my BT ones and I had no issues with range/interference from anywhere in my house.

The base unit is nice and compact and has three handy features. A night light, temperature sensor and lullabies. The light is nice and gentle and there is a choice of 5 lullabies. Both of these can be controlled form the parent unit to save on trips up the stairs and disturbing your little one further.

The parent unit is nice and lightweight and provides feedback on the temperature which is great. It's powered by a rechargeable li-ion battery that takes a good while to charge, much the same as my bt ones. It is both clear and easy to read at a glance.

This unit provides a decent feature set and importantly crystal clear sound. However, unless cost is a major issue I would be inclined towards a video monitor. They are tremendously reassuring and some even let you access them on your smartphone which is great for a parent out working.
on 10 October 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a neat but simple unit. The reception is great, and 2-way communication a boon, particularly the ability to turn on the music to soothe the baby without needing to disturb or enervate by going into the room. Both units can run on batteries or mains power, and rechargeables are supplied for the receiver end which make it extra portable. being replaceable batteries rather than built in is nice too, since this means travel and forgetfulness are not impediemnts to this working easily. On top of which, build quality is first rate.

Gripes? not many but that the temperature display isn't as "at a glance as might be." I have a "Summer" branded monitor which colour codes the temperature alert, so that it is evident from the corner of my eye when the room is too hot/cold; this one is indistinct, comparatively. secondly, i like the video monitors better, and would probably spend the extra for something that gives me the added comfort of knowing exactly what's going on.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is the latest 560/01 model - slightly tweaked from the 560/00 model. This has a whole range of superb features with a range of up to 330m. The audio quality is high and interference free. The light is just the right intensity to use in a darkened room when the baby is asleep. Recharging takes a long time but the hand unit can go round with you all day and still have a good charge. Its features include: 'Smart ECOmode'; 'ECO Mode'; power indicator; automatic channel selection; connectivity alert; optical noise level indicator; display(parent unit); parent unit with night mode; temperature/ humidity sensor; adjustable volume; adjustable sensitivity nightlight.
Build quality is high and inspires confidence. Unless you want a video camera (optical / video link) too, this is about the best you can get. Highly recommended.
on 21 January 2015
Bought this as a replacement for our much used previous Philips monitor which is no longer made.
Pros - excellent quality of sound, no interference. Base unit has a good nightlight and lullabies on plus temperature sensor. Can be battery powered which is great for when they fall asleep in the car and you don't want to sit in there with them. Easy to operate.
Cons - volume doesn't go low enough on the lullabies, very loud in the middle of the night! Parent unit is BIG - might not bother some people. Battery life is poor. Our last Philips parent unit would last at least a week being on all night every night. This lasts 2-3 days and seems to discharge faster or slower depending on the weather. Makes it unpredictable. It does the job but not as impressed as with our old model.