Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Size: No Free item|Change

on 12 October 2013
My previous two mice were the Logitech G5 and MX518 - two of the finest mice ever made. I decided it was time to change as the G5 was starting to show its age and I wanted something that would give extra functionality in MMO's, but also be a good all round mouse.

Hardware:
The mouse is well made and put together. It doesn't feel quite as 'expensive' as the G5, but it is nice with some good details. The surface is very slightly textured hard plastic which is easy to grip, and there is a rubberised area on the side where the little finger sits, which is really nice. Ergonomically it is good with a comfortable recess for the ring finger and a nicely rounded shape. It should really suit people who rest their entire palm on the mouse. It is slightly less suitable for claw grip as the keypad buttons can get in the way. I use a combination of palm / claw and found it pretty comfortable, but it does take some time to get used to having the thumb resting on keys. As a result I did get a bit of cramp in my little finger, but suspect this will reduce as I adjust from the G5. It should suit large or small hands OK. Unlike the Naga 2012 this mouse does not have swappable side panels for different hand sizes, but the design of the 2014 model should suit almost everyone.

The star of the show is the keypad on the side. 12 mechanical buttons are all within easy reach of thumb placement, although buttons 10, 11 and 12 need a little stretch. The buttons click nicely and are perfectly weighted / responsive, so accidentally pressing them should be rare. Out of the box these buttons are mapped to the keys 1 through 9 plus 0, - and =. This overcomes one of the biggest problems of MMO's which is reaching for the keys to the right of the '5' on a standard keyboard.

Adapting to and using the keypad didn't take long. The keys are perfectly shaped so that it is easy to know where the 2, 5 and 8 keys are, and finding any others from there is simple.

This is a wired mouse, with braided cable and gold plated USB connector. The weight is not too heavy or light - unlike some other gaming mice, there is no option to add / remove weight, but unless you lift the mouse a lot I don't think this is a problem. The feet are extremely slick so the mouse glides effortlessly across surfaces. I have only tried it on a hard mouse mat (Razer Exactmat X Speed) which was great - but I will be swapping it for a cloth mat soon to avoid wear on the feet. The sensitivity / dpi of the mouse is set to 1800 which I initially found a bit high in general use, but have now got used to. The Naga can go up to 8400, which seems ridiculous to me as anything over about 2800 is too fast - but I'm probably just getting old!! In MMO's I think sensitivity needs to be dropped, so I normally go for 1400 - 1600.

The mouse wheel could do with a little more 'click' as it is rotated, and I'd like a fraction more travel with the middle click. Side to side clicks are fine and I've not found any problem with accidentally getting a side click when going for a middle click. The mouse wheel is rubberised with little bumps so no chance of slipping, but I'm not keen on the feel - would have preferred a grippy smooth rubber.

Lighting is green only, and can be controlled through software to light up the logo and / or keypad and / or mouse wheel. It would have been nice to have customisable lighting, as I could then use that as a visual reminder of which profile I have selected.

Overall this is an easy mouse to recommend for MMO players. I immediately found it easier and more convenient to use the Naga keypad than stretch across the keyboard for buttons. Combined with the Synapse 2.0 software it allows far more functionality to be added - for example, I can map Ctrl or Alt +1 to = on my Razer Anansi keyboard, and use the standard 1 to = on the Naga. This gives a huge amount of flexibility and customisability.

The reasons I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars is for a small number of nitpicky issues that many people won't care about. A slight issue with using it in claw grip gets a negative. The slightly spongy mouse wheel rotation (which is more personal preference than a fault). The lack of a general profile out of the box (for example mapping mouse keys 4 and 5 to sensitivity step changes. Mapping keypad 3 and 6 to forward / backwards in browser. Using left and right mouse wheel click to scroll left and right - all things the G5 did as standard). I would also say that to get the most out of this mouse you need the Synapse 2.0 software, which is good, but not great.

If you're primarily an MMO / RPG player - buy this mouse.

Software:
To get the most out of the mouse it is essential to download the Synapse 2.0 software. This allows much more control over the features such as creating macros and reassigning key mappings. I'm adding a review of the current version of the software (1.14) but as software can and will be updated this shouldn't impact the review of the hardware, hence why I've added this after my main review of the Naga 2014.

Synapse 2 allows every button on the mouse (except left click) to be remapped which is really handy, and profiles to be created for different needs. I currently have a general use profile for web browsing etc, and then separate profiles for each game. Setting up the profiles is really easy and there's a lot of functionality built in, such as mappings for media keys, ability to launch programs, assign and edit macros and more.

Another great feature is that if you have a Razer keyboard the software allows the two devices to 'talk' to each other. This means I can set up keyboard shortcuts that change the profile on the mouse, adjust sensitivity and other features. I can also use the Naga to change profiles on the keyboard. A nice feature that I hope is expanded on.

Other than customising the key mappings, the software allows adjusting performance (polling, sensitivity and acceleration) and it's nice to see that X and Y sensitivity can be split if needed. Lighting can be adjusted, and the mouse can be calibrated for the surface it is used on. In addition macros can be assigned and edited which works really well. The final feature is called 'Add On' which allows games that support the feature to have custom mappings / overlays added. I've found the list to be disappointingly small, but if you play WoW it has you well covered.

The overlay feature, which is well advertised hasn't worked in any game I tried. It is supposed to allow a keypress to call up an overlay in-game that allows mappings to to be created or adjusted on the fly. It sounds really useful, but I can't comment further. I hope Razer support this feature and the Add Ons better in future software updates.

One of the things that could be improved, is to tie together keyboard and mouse profiles a bit better. For example when I launch a particular game it should change both the keyboard and related mouse profile. It can be done, but requires more effort than I think should be needed. If you don't have a Razer keyboard the only option is to change profiles using the tray icon (a few clicks and easy to forget) or create mappings on the Naga itself, which takes up precious keys!

Another negative is the requirement to create a free account with Razer to use the software. This is annoying, and there should be an option to ignore the Razer cloud features.

In summary the software works and adds a great deal to the Naga, but needs more refinement.
on 25 April 2015
Wow. This is one hell of a mouse!
21 buttons. Yes, 21. And that's just out of the box! As well as the 12 on the side, you have left and right click (of course) the scroll wheel which not only scrolls forward and backward, not only clicks down, but you can also click it to the left and right! The mouse also features 2 buttons for on-the-fly dpi.
You can of course customise games a lot nowadays, so when I hold ctrl on my keyboard I now have 12 more buttons for skill bar 2, hold alt and I've got another 13 for skill bar 3! And so on.
The mouse itself feels great to hold and is light enough that I don't feel like I'm dragging it across the mouse, but rather gliding it across.
The light effect on it is pretty cool, albeit unnecessary. if you wish you can turn them off on the synapse 2.0 application, but where's the fun in that ;) as well as light adjustment, the application can adjust many other features such as the dpi you wish to use, macros, and even tell the mouse what type of pad you are using it on so it knows how to react when you drag/lift the mouse.from the pad etc!
The 12 buttons on the side take some getting used to, and I have been known to start casting damage instead of heal spells during dungeons due to misclicking, but that's the same with anything new. Just takes time to adjust from the lowly 10+ year old Microsoft sidewinder I had before
The only one downside to this is ever since patch 2.0 for the PSN, you can't use the extra buttons on ffxiv. You can still use the mouse as a basic 5 button device (left right and scroll wheel) but that's it

So to summarise if you are an mmo gamer who wants to fling spells and swords at a thumbs press, this should not disappointed you!
review image
on 20 November 2013
I play a variety of games from MMOs to FPS; however, I was finding that in my current phase I'm leaning more towards the MMOs. I wanted more buttons easily accessible than I had on my previous mouse (Steelseries Sensei Pro), which I also disliked due to its symmetrical ambidextrous shape.

The Naga is slightly shorter and taller than most mice I have used, and appears relatively 'squat' compared to the Deathadder I also have. Nonetheless, it's pretty comfortable. It's best suited to a claw or claw-palm grip, and I personally found it very comfortable.

The buttons on the side are actually relatively easy to orientate yourself on due to the unique angles each key is placed at. Your thumb can rest very naturally in the center. I do occasionally lose track, but that's more due to my incompetence than their placement.

The Razer software, despite its initial online setup requirement, is actually one of the better packages I have used. It's easy to use and has a neat overlay that you can pull up whilst in game to change settings and keybindings on the fly.

Two downsides to the mouse, which both relate to standard buttons. Firstly, the traditional back and forward buttons that would be on the side are now behind the mouse wheel. My hands are fairly large so they are a real pain to press and require me to lift off the mouse. I ended up rebinding some of the number keys to these functions, so it's easily solved. Second minor issue is the scroll wheel's side movement. I find it a little too soft and therefore easy to trigger accidentally when doing a middle click.

Overall a really nice mouse, and perfect for MMOs; still very usable outside.
on 3 October 2013
Just upgraded to this mouse from my molten naga which was starting to fail on me :(, i thought i would give the new model a try, so far im liking it but just wish that the buttons on the side were a little more split up from each other and just a few mm bigger, but that can vary on preference for each person.
Apart from that it does what it says on the description and it doesn't get much better then this fora mouse tons of DPI, looks good, feels great especially with the anti-sweat coating it has, overall the size fit great in my hands apart from that little issue with the buttons on the side, plus the Razer Synapse software is really good tons of customization,

All in all ill recommend this mouse for anyone that likes gaming, in MMO's is where it shines brightest but in other games like BF3 were you dont have to take your hands of the WASD keys to swap weapons or even melee, plus the great DPI and and razer GOLIATH control mat works wonder for accuracy, the customization is nearly endless.

So.... BUY IT!!!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 April 2016
I have had Razer Naga 2014 for over two years so I think it is time for a review.

Well first of all, the scroll click button stopped working after a year (I don't even use it that much) and cable went a bit dodgy. I have then purchased the Logitech mouse with side buttons. Couldn't get used to its plasticky cheap feel and returned it!

So I am still using the Naga despite one of its buttons not working; I have remapped the broken scroll click button to one of the two top buttons using the Razer Synapse software, which fixed the issue beautifully, I was not using those top buttons prior that anyway. I use the side buttons when playing WoW and can't imagine playing without those extra buttons anymore. Another down side is that the side buttons are hard to clean.

I don't see myself ever using a different brand of mouses, I am too used to it now and don't see a reason to switch. I just wish the Razer products lasted a bit longer. Sadly it is not just from my experience, a lot of my friends use Razer products and have issues with their longetivity as well.

Thank you for reading and if you find my review helpful, please let me know by clicking 'Yes' below. Also feel free to ask questions, I take only a few hours to reply.
on 29 June 2015
Very good mouse, but be warned!!!!! the LASER will brake or be faulty after heavy use. I have used this mouse for a few months and recently the laser has be very funny. Randomly stops working when lifted of the desk and will not work for (5-10) mins after.

After several purchase's of this mouse they have all done the same thing. The laser in this mouse is not good. AVOID if possible and go for g600 or something.
on 22 March 2016
This mouse is absolutely unbelievable!

There is more buttons that you can shake a stick at. I was dubious about spending such a large amount of money for ‘just a fancy mouse’, and my intended use was to help me when playing World of Warcraft.
The extra mouse can be used in other applications such as lightroom and photoshop. It is very intuitive and easy to use. The optional software has to be downloaded from the Razer website. The software allows customisation of the mouse, including some basic control of the lights. Best of all, your settings are stored in the cloud, if you use the mouse on another pc, just install the application and log in and your settings are downloaded instantly.

The mouse feels good in the hand, not too big nor too small and is an idea weight. The cord is braided, and very lengthy. The mouse oozes of build quality with attention given to the tiniest of details.

The side buttons marked 1-12 are also given specific shapes and angled. This allows you to feel for the buttons without having to look. Admittedly this takes some getting used to! Despite the unevenness, the buttons do not distract you, and are probably more comfortable than you may imagine.
This is a good quality product from Razer. If you are unsure about the expense, take it from me it is worth every penny and I would not hesitate to buy another if I so needed.
on 13 December 2015
I purchased this mouse to aid my gaming habits, and make games which require a lot of key binds more comfortable to play (I'm looking at you, Dota 2). I have been using it since purchase for over a year now.

Upon my first use, coming from a cheap £10 Asda mouse background, I immediately notice the jump in build quality. This mouse is not heavy, but heavier than your normal cheap quality plastic mouse; this gives the mouse a lovely feel of structural integrity to it. The left and right mouse click buttons required significantly less pressure to activate than my previous mice; at first I found this rather difficult to deal with, and found myself continuously clicking accidentally, over time however I grew accustomed to this change and came to genuinely appreciate it. The mouse is extremely ergonomic, and I can't say I've had any issues with hand pains using it for very extensive periods of time.

After eventually growing accustomed to the new mouse, I settled that the addition of the multiple buttons were extraordinarily useful. The side keys are a great addition which allow me to use multiple items/abilities in games simultaneously; although it remains difficult to use all 12 keys for me due to the way I hold the mouse making the back row of keys difficult to reach. The ability to sideclick the mouse wheel is brilliant, allowing you to bind it to items, abilities or keys which need immediate activation. I personally do not find any use for the on the fly DPI change buttons, however I can imagine that some individuals would find them exceedingly useful in games such as Call of Duty.

I do find that very rarely, the mouse fails to register that I am moving it for no apparent reason. I cannot be sure whether this is the mouse or my Razer Goliathus mouse mat, but I assume it is the mouse. This can be extremely annoying when it occurs mid game, but requires nothing more than me to lift the mouse off of the mat, and occurs very rarely.

The only reason I give this mouse 4 stars instead of 5 is due to the Razer Synapse 2.0 software. In order to use the extra buttons on the mouse for the keys you have bound them to, for example items in Dota or Call of Duty, you must have the Razer Synapse 2.0 program open. There is however an extraordinarily annoying bug in which the program refuses to load. In fact currently; I have only managed to get the program to load twice in the last two days. I have had this issue since purchase, and although I have heard others suffer the same issue, it seems Razer has done nothing to fix it. The issue may have been worsened by Windows 10, however it still occurred on Windows 8, so is not primarily associated with the new Windows OS.
This issue is more than just minor, and seems to be impossible for me to fix. It prevents me playing games which I have grown to require the extra mouse buttons for (such as Dota 2) when it occurs. If it were not for this software issue, this mouse would be a 6/5 in my opinion.
on 3 November 2015
Razer Naga 2014 (Right handed) mouse.
----------------------------------------------------------
Having used this mouse for sixteen months I felt it was time to write a review.

The good:
--------------
1. Great programmable grid layout on the side will suit most needs.
2. Good movement translation from desk to screen.
3. Good braided cable.
4. Aesthetically pleasing.

The bad:
------------
1. Scroll wheel broke after only a few months.
2. The rubberised grip on the righthand side becomes slimy after prolong use (this is due to the bonding agent becoming warm and starting to move).

My thoughts:
-------------------
Over all the mouse does perform well. I have spent many hours playing World of Warcraft and the left hand side grid really does it's job well. The accurate and fast translation of movement from the desk to the screen is top notch. The braided cable makes you feel safe in the knowledge that you are not going to suffer any accidental damage to the USB cable. You can overlook the slimy right hand side once you get used to it.

The big issue for me is the scroll wheel failure. I find it most unacceptable as I have £5 mice that have working scroll wheels after two plus years. I believe the failure occurred due to the left and right click action on the wheel. The failure seemed to have happen after about two weeks of using the right click on the wheel to active and deactivate the numlock. I only started using this feature in the third month of owning the mouse so the wheel failed at around four months old. Very poor for a mouse that should be able to take heavy and long gaming sessions in its stride.

Conclusion:
-----------------
If you want to get a good grid mouse and don't mind the risk of the scroll wheel failing on you this is a good choice. Personally I am now looking for a replacement and due to the issue I had it wont be another Razer product.

Right now this is 3/5 Stars. Should have been 4/5 if I had not had a component failure. Capable of 5/5 if the right hand side didn't get slimy!
on 25 June 2014
My original Naga became faulty with the well known double click error, and this upset me a little as it was the best mouse I've ever owned!

So I bit the bullet and purchased the new version of the mouse, my problem with it as first was it was slightly wider and a different shape from the original model which fitted my hand perfectly.

I've left it a few months to review so I could get used to it and I am now happy with it! I also like the mechanical buttons at the side which is very nice although I'm still a little bit annoyed at the design change but I'll get over it!

I will continue to buy Razer Naga mice as they are by far the best make I have owned :)