4.5 out of 5 stars1,902

on 19 January 2015
 I would definitely recommend this backpack. I am pleased about it's size and I'm able to fit a lot in it. I've used it for the gym, for weekends away and for grocery shopping. I've also used it in the rain and found that it is suitably waterproof. I've not experienced any problems with stitching and overall I think the quality is good.

Large space (actually 44L) and able to carry heavy loads (i.e 10kg)
Comfortable to carry on back
Compartments for separate documents
Large and sturdy zips

Has quite a plastic sound (see video)
Unsure if it'll last longer than 1-2 years.

Please see the video for full comments. If you have any questions please reply to this review.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 September 2010
Ordered this before taking three low-cost flights and so glad I did. It's easy to pack a week's worth of holiday stuff including a laptop and travel documents in this bag. I've also got the Dussel Cabin Backpack which is the same size/price but has better padding for laptops and definitely worth a look.

Originally I was intending to buy a trolley style wheelie case, but having read the other reviews decided this bag would be a better option. The advantages are threefold. Firstly, this bag totally compresses when you're not using it so takes up little space for storage. Second, the bag is a lot lighter than a hard case trolley, and third, a wheelie case does not have a pocket in the front for documents. Important because Easyjet are now getting really strict about the 'one bag only' rule. Someone in front of me in the queue got asked to find room in her bag for the handbag she was carrying, which involved unzipping her entire case. Nightmare!

The only criticism I would make of this bag is that it's so spacious that you'll undoubtably end up carrying some of your travel companions' stuff that they can't fit in their own bag. Or otherwise, you'll take more stuff than you would have otherwise and the bag will be heavy on your back.

Overall though, this is definitely a smart choice for travellers. Thumbs up!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 June 2012
I regularly fly with Ryanair and have been looking for the perfect hand luggage bag which will allow me to pack enough luggage for a week, thus avoiding the extortinate fees they charge for checked-in luggage...The Cabin Max backpack is, in my opinion, the perfect solution.

If you are considering buying this backpack, I thought it may help to give you a better idea of how much it can actually hold. Here is a list of what I packed for my latest week long trip abroad:

Waterproof jacket,1 pair cargo pants, 1 pair of jeans, 3 pairs of leggings, 2 hoodies, 5 vest tops, 3 jumpers/tops, 2 cardigans, pair of PJs, undies and socks, pair of walking boots, 2 pairs of ballet pump style shoes, toiletries, make up and hair straighteners. There was still room to fit my small cross-body bag, enabling me to meet Ryanair's strict "One item of hand luggage only" rule. All of this gear still weighed in under the 10kg allowance and the bag fitted easily in and out of the Ryanair luggage gauge at the airport.

The zip up pocket on the front is perfect for keeping flight tickets, passport and other important items close to hand.

The bag is comfortable to carry - it has padded straps which can easily be adjusted to suit the individual.

The bag looks well made and the zips have a solid heavy duty feel to them.

I highly recommend this bag, it is well worth the money. I can't imagine travelling without it now!
on 21 April 2015
I purchased this item for a single, 12 day trip to Brazil, from which I have just returned. In total I have purchased 4 of these bags from you (we are a family of 4, traveling as a group). This particular bag fell apart. First the interior pocket spilt. Then the section separating the pocket from the main bag split. Then one carry strap broke.

Given the light use (12 days, one holiday), and the inconvenience this caused myself and my family, on what was meant to be a "holiday of a lifetime" I am not only upset that the policy is not to communicate in person, but not to allow a return beyond 30 days - given it is normal to buy luggage a few day, or weeks before you need it........
review image review image review image review image
on 15 April 2010
A great product at the price. With some well known budget airlines now charging for hold baggage but lifting weight restrictions on cabin bags, the Cabin Max does what it says and allows you to make full use of the available space whilst staying within the size limits. Once loaded the straps are tensioned to condense the bag to the required size. There are lots of inner pockets and compartments to stow toiletries and possibly wet clothing. On a week long stay in Spain I was able to fit everything I needed into the Cabin Max and still have room for a tea pot and baby clothes. The lack of wheels and pull out handle reduces weight and was not a problem as the shoulder straps are perfectly adequate. The Cabin Max is excellent value for money.
2424 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 March 2012
I bought this bag for my recent trip to Tenerife. I managed a complete week, with clothes, make-up, hair styler etc all in this backpack. And it saved £70 each way on a suitcase!! Highly recommend
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 July 2011
Unfortunately the Cabin Max Backpack Flight bag I purchased was very poor quality. First the seam split open the complete length of the small front pocket where I was keeping travel documents. Second the adjoining seam started to split open thus allowing valuables in the internal zipped mesh pocket to slip out. Third the seam along the top into the main compartment started to open.
I have only used the bag a few times, it was never filled and as I was carrying valuables and personal effects it was always treated gently.
A big disappointment.
review image review image review image
on 27 May 2013
Purchased this bag after reading loads of reviews on the internet. Decided to go with this due to the many positive reviews it got. The empty weight of the bag was a big factor in purchasing. After all, you want to take as much with you as possible, without wheels and handles taking up weight and space. The bag is strong and sturdy - only the buckles of the securing straps letting it down somewhat. Perhaps that had something to do with what I had packed in though. Two of them popped out when I was trying to tighten the bag. However this is not a huge problem. I had a weeks holiday in the canaries, travelling with Ryanair. I could have (if I had wanted to ) get loads more in the but I had reached the obligatory 10 kgs allowed by Ryanair. My luggage included all clothes (shorts, t shirts, swimwear one pair of trainers), my tolietries in the obligatory zipped pouch. My kindle, my Ipad went in the large zipped area in front along with ipod, earphones, pen and paper etc and in the smaller front zipped pouch my wallet, pasport and travel documents. I also had space for food and drink stuff (for the plane 'cos the prices onboard are extortionate) This bag did not look, nor feel like it was full or heavy. I had the alowance of 10 kgs,and it was easily carried either by the handle on top or using the two shoulder straps. ( Note to manufacturer - It might have been good to have a carry handle on the side of the bag also) Whilst waiting to board, the airport staf were measuring cases using their wee cardboard box thing. Most passengers with cases had them subjected to this inspection. However, I can only surmise that as mine was a backpack or perhaps it was because it was Cabin Max, which, as another reviewer says is now accepted by Ryanair as being the agreed size, she did not even bother with me. Although I had the 10 kgs allowance, the bag never felt cumbersome nor uncomfortable. I have tried many bags in my time, but this bag beats them all for weight, comfort and security and I hope that it holds up to the trials and tribulations of my travels for along time to come. I would highly recommend this bag for the traveller who does not want to pay the exorbitant baggage charges the budget airlines put in place for checked baggage, but still wants to pack plenty for a short holiday. Great purchase - highly recommended
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 May 2013
This backpack lasted all of ONE journey. The zipper of the largest pocket caught on the lip of the backpack, and it was impossible to work it loose without breaking the zipper. Extremely poor quality, massively disappointed with the purchase. I would have been better off simply purchasing a Northface backpack.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 September 2010
Firstly, it's very light. Approx 750 grams, which is far lighter than any other comparable-sized bag that I own. So the bag itself will not weight you down, and will leave over 90% of your 10 kilogram weight allowance free for its contents.

Although it may take several trips to be certain of this, the material and the construction look very sturdy, despite the light weight. It seems to be made of some type of tough cloth with some added nylon. The zips have good-sized metal teeth and open and close smoothly.

Apart from the surprisingly-large main compartment, there is a well-planned full-length pocket, with many compartments, and a smaller outer pocket for quick access.

Perhaps to achieve its light weight, the bag itself does not have an especially firm structure or shape by itself, but will partly rely on its contents to give it its shape. The four compression straps on the sides will help to achieve this and prevent a less-than-full bag from being floppy.

The shoulder straps are padded and have a nice curved shape which keep them securely positioned on one's shoulders. Note that, unlike some other bags, the straps do not have a hide-away pocket, but this is not a big issue. The bag itself also has three large padded areas on the back, for added carrying comfort.

Although not in any way ugly, the bag is not especially stylish nor glamourous. So if you're looking to cut a fine figure or make a fashion statement as you stroll into your first-class cabin, then this might not be the bag for you. But if you want a sturdy, functional, light-weight, practical bag, then ... why are you still even reading this review, just go click on "Add to Basket"!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse