on 13 January 2014
Well I always write my reviews on my wife's Amazon account just to confuse the NSA.
I've only had a beard for a short time: after I retired, I thought I needed a hobby. I started off with the WAHL battery operated beard trimmer - since WAHL was almost synonymous with all things beard.
I have already written a review on this item - an opportunity to corner the market sqandered through appalling design and cynical marketing. It almost tempted me to give up beard growing and take up raping and pillaging.
My wife bought me the Babyliss Supergroomer in the nick of time. Now this IS the gubbins! Wonderful design - the operating heads and trimmer guides all dismantle easily for cleaning. Beard trimming is FANTASTIC - smooth, precise - a pleasure!
Then there is the DETAIL attachment to clean up the edges, create designs!
There is a foil shaver to smooth out the non beard areas - no need for a separate razor: a nose and ear hair trimmer for when you're going out for a night with the lads - AND a body hair trimmer. Now I wouldn't use this myself but my wife said: 'Could I borrow it to trim my brazilian?'
I said: 'No way! Let him buy his own!'
WELL!
I just wanted to ADD after putting this review on Amazon a couple of weeks ago and receiving 2/2 feedback: Please don't assume from from my humorous review that this is NOT a really fantastic product!
I have used it several times and every thing about it is five star.
It's now a pleasure to have a beard! And I'll leave the raping and pillaging to politicians who are better at it than me!
55 comments126 of 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 August 2014
It was a cold February morning. I had spent some considerable amount of time with scissor and tweezer locked in the bathroom. "How much longer you gonna be"? She bellowed. "Lookin at smut on your phone again"?.
"Sod off"! I replied. Within the hour she had packed her bags,bundled the dog into the station wagon and was gone. Its been a year now...sure miss that dog.
Anyway what consumed my bathroom time was the painstaking task of manscaping. Armed with aforementioned scissor and tweezer, the monthly ordeal of cutting and tweezing ones manfur was a slow arduous task.

Then I bought this.
My life changed.
In a few minutes I could trim chest..arms..even legs if the notion struck me.
But.
I couldn't stop. I soon went into deep,dark unexplored territory.
First it was the meat and spuds...then the gluteal folds.. On I pressed further...deeper and darker fissures were investigated.
My dear friends...let me say this. Buy the product. Trim away...have fun. HOWEVER. Dont let it rule you.
Its almost like the ring from tolkeins famous work...it will consume you.
I spend my days now... Examining... Prodding...looking for more areas to use my trimmer. Its lonely here. Too far.... Too soon.
The ex ?. Now living in the men dips with a chartered accountant.
55 comments83 of 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 January 2016
The Lithium-ion battery sold this product for me. I have gone through countless shavers in the past due to the batteries lasting no longer than 3 months before going savagely crazy and spiking in speed. Very nerve racking when doing the more delicate areas.

I have been using this for the last 8 months and I must say I'm very pleased to finally find a cheap shaver that has the quality and reliability of an expensive one. Very, very little tug with this, and its probably my fault for using it too fast through the stubble. the 7 position comb guide is great for maintenance and achieving the perfect length. The detail trimmer is very useful for carefully tidying up around the eyebrows and catching that one annoying white hair that is growing straight out of the middle of my forehead...

The most useful feature is the nose trimmer, my god does this save the pain and suffering of pulling the odd stray hairs out. Haven't plucked up the courage to use the foil shaver on the old bean bag yet, will re-review to update on the finish when I dare. Until then, the trimmer does the job well.
on 31 January 2016
I am impressed by this trimmer.

Charges quickly and battery power is amazing compared to other trimmers/shavers I have used in the past.. I mainly use this use this to trim my head very short. It has more than enough power and time in the charge to trim my head as well as my beard if I choose to do them both. Often it can go several uses before it needs charging and the great thing about it is, you can just plug it in and carry on as normal unlike other trimmers which don't allow you to use them whilst being on charge.

I have marked it down as the main head isn't the best quality and occasionally the settings on the head slide to the next one down so needs to be double checked. I have a slight issue with the different sizes too as it does not suit my needs when trying to trim my beard down to a level inbetween stubble and light beard. It either takes it too short, or the next level up doesn't catch any hairs.
on 2 November 2014
Well made, solid unit. Some of the accessories seem flimsy but it's all been ok so far. It does more than I personally need it to do but that's all positive. The beard trimmer for instance is very good and very precise, the best I've used so far. Good value for money. I recommended it to a friend and he bought it and loves it.
on 16 December 2015
Having suffered short usage due to rubbish batteries on previous shivers, this one is a delight. Still going from first charge and I am several shaves in. I have a fancy facial arrangement and I am therefore changing heads and running the shaver for quite a while. It will run off the mains cable even it did runout, which some others will not do. The attachments cover all possible requirements and the trimmer heads are micro adjustable and very secure. Th only minor niggle I have would be the storage tray doesn't really do a great job. I end up just piling the bits in to it. Overall, a really great high quality item and I am very pleased with the results it produces.
on 3 April 2015
Excellent product, very impressed. I looked into a number of different shavers but this one looked the best and now after using it for a month I made the right choice.
on 13 December 2014
Takes a little getting used to and actually figring out how to ujse the attachments but once you've sorted that out it's a nice package overall and performs well
on 27 November 2015
Good product it works well for my needs, only downside is that there are so many different attachments it can become quite a pain unless you are very good at returning the different heads to there proper position on the holder.

The blades are sharp, and can provide a good close shave on the first pass, massive improvement over my last "bog standard" electric shaver.

The battery life is good, I probably have to recharge it once a fortnight with fairly regular use.
on 13 August 2014
I have tried various different brands on groomers - all of which weren't very good. The BaBylissSuper Groomer is by far the best I have purchased. I have sensitive skin and this has helped reduce the effects by a far margin. I've only used a couple of the attachments and they do the job well, I can only imagine the rest of the attachments will be just as good. Only charged the groomer twice in 2 months - Brilliant! As of yet I have had no problems with the groomer itself.
0Comment9 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse