Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My wife prefers the results from an Epliator but has had some painful experiences with other makes of Epilators.

This Philips Satin Soft seems to cover all the bases tho, and has the added advantage of being supplied with a shaving heads, as well as a variety of attachments to smooth the way ... from massage heads, to a small attachment to reduce the width of the cutting head for bikini areas etc.

The great advantage of this Satin Soft unit is that it can be used wet or dry, and as it is rechargeable, can be used with or without the cord.

It has two speeds, and out of preference, my wife said that she would typically use the higher speed setting as that seemed to be less painful ... either that, or it got the job done more quickly.

All of the attachments and leads can be stored in the supplied travel pouch, so that is great for longer holidays.

All in all, a very good epilator, great price, and very flexible. As it is a wet and dry unit, it is very easy to rinse out and there is a small brush supplied to help the cleaning process.
VINE VOICEon 27 December 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have to say I have put off buying one of these simply because I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to being plucked. I had a leg wax once and nearly slapped the beautician. Once was enough.
Having got this through the Amazon vine voice, I left it in my bathroom for a while until I summoned up the courage to try it out.

Firstly, I won't lie and say its pain free because it's definitely not, but it is bearable. The results where great though, this encouraged me to try it again and it definitely didn't hurt as much. After using it a few times I've got to say its one of my favourite gadgets. I used to shave every 3 days as I can't bare the stubbly feeling on my legs but this lasts for about 10-14 days and the hairs seem to grow back a little softer.

It does seem to be less uncomfortable when used wet, this might be down to the hair follicles being softer when warm. I've used this on my face too, even though it's not recommend, but it's great, I used plenty of moisturiser afterwards.
It comes with a handy bag to keep it all together and is rechargeable so great for use in the shower.
You can use this as a normal shaver too.

I'm really pleased that I tried one of these I just wished I'd tried it sooner.
on 8 August 2014
The last time I had an electric epilator was when I was 15, and had in the meantime switched to waxing. However, that got too tedious, and sometimes too messy. I would have to consecrate entire afternoons or evenings to waxing, after which I would be exhausted.
So in that respect, switching to an electrical epilator is a definitive upgrade. However, switching to that particular epilator was even better because I was able to use it in the shower, which means no cleaning up after using it in my room, and less hassle!
the speed settings are very handy, and the epilator feels very nice in my hand, even when i am using it in the shower. The shaving head is also a great addition.
As I have a sensitive skin, my skin does tend to get blotchy and red for a few hours after I've used it. However, this happens with waxing too, and I suspect, any other epilator (unless there is a miracle epilator out there that I haven't heard of).
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is the first wet/dry epilator I have used and I have not been disappointed (but see final paragraph). It is well packaged including a pouch for the accessories: additional heads and a brush. If you've used something similar before, this won't be rocket science to work out and you won't need the pictogram instructions. Not only is this a wet/dry version, it is also an epilator/shaver and seems to do both very effectively. This ability to be both is particularly useful for the shaver tidy up after epilation.

It is easy to use with a minimum of fuss and includes several heads for different tasks/areas and these are easy to change. It even has a massage head which has to be good for improving blood supply to the surface, renewing the skin more efficiently and also should help to reduce 'rashes' caused by shaving or epilation. I would recommend that whatever mode you use, wet/dry/epilator/shaver, you should rinse and moisturise your skin after using it. This should help to reduce any spotting after epilation too.

It is very fast to charge, probably about an hour and the charge seems to keep for quite a while although I don't know yet what charge is lost in 'trickle' charge loss when not in use.

I have one serious criticism which has made me add this to my original review. The on/off switch is very flakey and difficult to use. I must have been lucky the first time I used it although I do remember turning it off took a few tries. Now I find that it requires several attempts to turn on or off every time. There doesn't seem to be a working technique and in my opinion there should need to be a technique. The design of this button is very poor while the system is otherwise exceptionally good. What a shame. The button really needs rethinking and I am surprised that it has been released with such a flaw. I have now read other reviews and see that I am not the only one with this concern.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There are a lot of reviews on here from newbies, but I thought it would be beneficial to note that I'm not a newbie. I have tried different epliators over the last few years.

Pros: This epliator is comfortable to hold. The two different speeds are useful, depending on how much hair you have to remove and how long it is. The massage attachment does help distract from the task at hand, I wouldn't say it was pleasurable like the product description above claims. Wet and dry - so you can use it in the shower. This model is easier to clean than others as you can wash it under a tap. What I have found with this model is that it is really good at getting the hair out from the root. My previous one seemed to leave bits and the regrowth was really quick.

Cons: plan ahead before you use it for the first time as it does need to be charged. It needs to be said that if you want to avoid in-grown hair, it's advised you moisturise and ex-foliate. It is quite noisy still, you wouldn't want to use it in the mornings if your kids are in bed next door. It's not as quick as waxing, it took me about 20-25mins to get both legs done. But you save time in driving to the salon and can do it in your own time.
on 30 November 2014
Still learning with this little gem but definitely like it. Great for in the bath. Cordless feature is great to. My last one had a light which I would have loved on this. I use it for upper lip and down below in maybe a more extreme way as I dont just remove what pokes out of the bikini, I do the majority of it. Prior to this I used wax so now I do it more often when im in the bath. Yes its good. 4 stars because it is still new.
VINE VOICEon 28 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Handed this one off to the wife for review. She has used a Satinelle Ice before, and it took a bit of getting used to the pain of having hairs ripped out by a machine. (I tried it on the back of my hand and it was indeed painful but very very effective.)

Now she has this one she says that it is more effective and less painful than her previous model. Being able to use it in the bath is a big bonus too apparently. The warm water helping numb the pain and moisturise the skin.

Comes with a good range of attachments although the instruction manual could be a little bit clearer about what each attachment is for. This info was on the box to a certain extent but she recycled that without taking too much note of the information. I think that this is the curse of having a global device supply chain now that most of the instruction manuals seem to be printed in hieroglyphics.

All in all, the battery life is good, the noise not too bad for an epilator, and the level of pain is acceptable once you get used to the sensation and there are a good range of attachments for various functions.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have a previous version to this which I use regularly. It has a light on it and a smaller epilator head width wise and I absolutely love it. It was a much higher price point so I was most impressed when this did a fine job and I suffer very little discomfort except in sensitive places and the discomfort was minimal.

This epilator left my skin quiet angry and red where my other does not. Like my old version when in use it's extremely noisy but having said that I have yet to find one that is as quiet as a church mouse lol.

Like the higher price point models this comes with all the different heads and best of all the trim/shave head which to be honest I really like.

So why only three stars well that's easy to answer I bad missed my light, I was surprised by quiet how much I missed it but never the less the inclusion of this would have made massive difference. I also dropped an extra star for the red skin I was sport when I had finished maybe this was due to the wider head or that it works closer to skin but being frank it was not the best look I have ever sported I think you could see my red bits from space lol.

All that said there are lots of these to be had on the market but this is worth a try as philips are excellent build quality,they look nice and are by far in my humble opinion better that many others out there sporting a similar price tag. I should imagine with Christmas around the corner this wouLd make a very much appreciated purchase for the daughter, girlfriend or wife I know I would be over the moon with one under the tree.
on 5 August 2014
I like it much more than the Braun one, it is more effective. I wish the battery lasted a bit longer, it always stops before I manage to finish both my legs. It annoying because you cannot use it while you charge, so you have to wait like an hour to start epilating again.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 March 2015
As a complete Epilator newbie I am really happy with this epilator! The attachments are great, though to be honest I only really use the epilator as it is. I tried using the epilator on my bikini line and couldn't manage it personally, but if you could then this comes with a great guard for those more sensitive areas!

The epilator charges in just an hour, and has enough juice for me to do both legs (from scratch!) though I would suggest doing them once, waiting a day or two and doing them again to catch all the strays! The first time I used it on my armpits I found it quite uncomfortable, didn't think I'd manage again but the second time around a few days later was a completely different experience. I could barely even feel it (not even kidding!)

If you are new to epilating then I think you (like me) will get on great with this device! Please don't give up after the first day - the first time is the hardest because there's the most hairs! Once you've got the bulk of it out then you just need to run over your legs/armpits every couple of days to keep things in check, and it really isn't too bad after the first go!

I was suffering from really sensitive armpits from shaving, to the point I basically had to give up shaving and could no longer wear deodorant (eugh!) so gave this a go off the back of a friend's recommendation, I wasn't convinced that this could be less harsh on my armpits than a razor, but I'm amazed at the results.