on 26 October 2015
My new favourite rum, as a rum drinker primarily and not being the biggest fan of dark and navy rums the choice of spiced rums tend to lean a little too much to the sweet side for me and this rum sits perfectly in the middle between spiced and dark rums.
In order from sweetest to dark rum I'd place this in this order
Lamb's spiced, morgans spiced, sailor Jerry's, KRAKEN SPICED, Lamb's navy, any other dark rum
So if your tastes are anything like mine do yourself a favour and try this rum
on 21 August 2014
very well packaged, the product arrived very quickly and it is a really tasty rum great with ginger beer and a dash of lime
on 16 December 2013
This is the most gorgeous yummy Rum ever, I may have to invest in more supplies before the new year!
on 3 June 2011
Aside from the wonderful artwork and design of the bottle, the Kraken is subtly creamy with a powerful flavour and a spicy aroma.

Definitely a rum that works well alone; I have waited for this Rum to be released in the UK for a while and I was not disappointed!

I haven't tried mixing the rum yet but I honestly think it requires no addition to enjoy the flavour.
22 comments18 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 May 2014
This is the second bottle I've bought for my husband as a gift and he really enjoys it. I'm not a spirit drinker but even I enjoyed this as it is really smooth. The rum arrived sooner than expected and the packaging was really good.
on 17 September 2014
I usually stick to the same brand of rum but I decided to try something different for a change, and I wasn't disappointed. This is a great tasting rum and I would definitely recommend.
on 2 May 2014
i love the bottle straight off it looks amazing in my kitchen will be keeping it as a candle holder after the run is finished. the rum its self tastes amazing. i recommend!
on 26 October 2014
This is some very fine rum. Excellent for over Christmas!

It came promptly, and was well packaged in the high-pressure bottle padding bags that are often used.
on 15 April 2014
Rum delivered to your door. A very nice sweetness to it and it is very pleasant to drink straight. If you like spiced rum, this is a great one to try.
on 20 February 2012
This spiced rum has only been around since 2009 and arrived in the UK in 2010. This rum by far exceeds any other spiced rum on the market this beast swallows up the competiton. If you think morgans spiced and sailor jerry are good then the kraken will devour you. Rarely seen in pubs or bars ive only seen it in london bars as of yet. The flavours are sweet n spicy but not overpowering. This drinks well neat, and in mixers i havent had a rum thats better. I can see this rum becoming a classic in a few years. The marketing really draws you in and the bottle is well worth keeping as it is a conversation starter. The price is high compared to most spiced rums but you really do get your moneys worth, at the end of the day you get what you pay for and The Kraken is well worth the price.
0Comment18 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse