on 23 November 2015
If you're looking for a camera to replace that heavy DSLR, this one ought to be on your list. With a 20MP sensor that's the same size you'll find in many DSLRs it's suitable for most kinds of photography. The 20-50mm kit lens is very good quality, giving sharper photos than the 50-200mm OS lens I bought to go with it. The non-swivel touch screen can be a problem and not just when you want to get high-up or low-down shots. I find that if I've left the camera switched on and on the neckstrap, it seems to delight in changing my settings. But Samsung has other models if you want a swivel screen or a non-touch one.

For now, I'm very happy with a lightweight camera that has better specs and produces better quality pictures than my Nikon DSLR.
on 22 July 2014
Nice camera and nicely sized. Granted I gave it a Bad Screen but it's only cause i had a NX100 which had an AMOLED screen.
Lightroom 4?! Other than that, to come with flash and all the bits n' peaces for this price it's a cracker of a deal..

Pros:
Size, Megapixels, Raw, Fast touch, Lens selection (expensive), Flash, Hot shoe, LR4 (not 5), not to heavy, Low light is awesome for size & Great sensor size.

Cons:
Plastic, Crap strap, Expensive Lens, LightRoom 4 (not 5), NO EVF on hot shoe!, EVF via phone (android and iOS only), Bad Screen vs Real life.
on 24 July 2014
I have found that Samsung cameras I have had over the years have produce excellent colour quality photos. Having already had a touch screen Samsung I found it pretty easy to get it working well.
One thing many reviewers have mentioned is the screen in bright light being had to see, have had this problem but still went ahead with the shots and the system still produce quality photos.
The beauty with this camera is the NFC function for which I went and bought a new mobile phone to use, this actually removes the problem of the screen being hard to see and gives more adaptability to the camera and remote function of it. Ironically the cheapest phone with NFC is a Samsung Galaxy Fame.
I was intending to go for a full DSLR camera and was waiting for the price to fall however seeing, the price of £184.99 was such that jumped in for this one and was still in pocket having ordered the dx 50-200 IOS zoom lens along with spare batteries and some step up filter rings.
The lenses tend to be a little expensive however this is a brilliant camera and I am so pleased I bought it.
on 5 October 2014
The Samsung NX2000 arrived very quickly and safely and is a lovely looking camera that is a pleasure to use. The APS-C sensor is very capable of taking really excellent, high quality images in both JPG and RAW formats. The camera itself is clearly 5 stars and scored very highly on DxoMark!

Unfortunately, I returned the camera after two days due to its low light capabilities. Let me explain:- The included lens, the 20-50mm f/3.5-f/5.6 EDII zoom lens, is extremely capable of very high quality images in good light but it can be quite poor with blur in low light conditions, due to the combination of the slow f/3.5-f/5.6 apertures and its complete lack of optical image stabilization!

The lack of OIS, optical image stabilization, was really a disappointment to me and it meant that I would have to spend more money to get a low-light replacement prime lens or another zoom lens which included OIS.

Not wanting to waste money, I decided to return the Samsung NX2000 camera and lens and try again! After shopping around I came across the new Samsung NX3000 camera with the more advanced Samsung PowerZoom 16-50mm f/3.5-f/5.6 OIS lens! Not only is the lens smaller and lighter, but the optical image stabilizer really makes a big difference, especially in low light situations, giving an extra two to three stops over the original 20-50 mm lens. The ultra wide-angle perspective with the new lens is also a bonus and produces excellent, high quality images!

The improvement in steadiness and the lack of shaking on video recordings using the optically stabilized 16-50mm OIS PowerZoom lens really makes a remarkable difference and shows just how important lens stabilization has become!

I am very pleased with the new camera and lens and the first-class images that it produces. The price of £159.40, for the brand new and sealed Samsung NX3000, including the 16-50mm PowerZoom OIS lens, flash and Adobe Lightroome 5, was the icing on the cake. However, if the Samsung NX2000 had been supplied with the stabilized 16-50mm OIS PowerZoom lens in the first place, I would not have returned it!
on 18 October 2014
I am not a pro, but I like taking with pictures and this camera is the perfect aid. Even in the Auto mode pictures are great. Auto focus is very helpful, and the selective focus helps you take pictures like a pro. It records videos in great quality.
The Smart camera mode is very similar to those you find in most smart phones these days, but the 20MP make it great.
Connectivity is also a plus. With the remote viewfinder app installed in your phone, you can take pictures at a distance, seeing what your camera see and aiming where you want to aim.
I must admit it was a change from a compact digital camera as you can't put the NX2000 in your pocket. However, it is not difficult to carry it around as it is not heavy and the Samsung camera strap is very comfortable and doesn't hurt your neck.
In all, it is a great camera.
on 16 October 2014
Its brilliant only had a few days so still many gadgets to get used to but as someone who doesnt know a thing about photography the quality of pictures im taking youd swear I was a pro cant recommend enough
on 5 September 2014
Just buy it. Fantastic camera, even better value. Many thanks to the current owners who were good enough to share their praise and comments before I purchased - all accurate and helpful.
on 30 September 2014
An overall great camera. Its greatest advantage is of course the large APS-C sensor, coupled with the interchangeable lens system, which gives sharp, clear images. I really like the touchscreen, although it would be nice to have the option of an EVF, since the screen can be tough to see under extreme light conditions
on 8 June 2014
This camera is brilliant. Ultra clear pictures on the 20mp sensor and a decent lens to start with. The touch screen on interface is easy to use and the iFunction lens is very handy. The Smart setting is also very good picking the best scene modes. I look forward to using it's NFC function...

As for delivery, I ordered this on a Saturday evening and it had arrived by Tuesday lunch, with DHL keeping me posted on it's location.
on 3 August 2014
It's the pictures stupid! Bought it at £184 for the 23 x 16 sensor (approx) and I must say the few images I have taken are superb.
Just a few points, would have given 5* but the camera locked up on only frame 0005 when the capture button was half depressed, no control on the camera would force quit, totally frozen so the only thing to do was the Mac treatment, cut the power source by removing the battery, that worked but it has left me a bit worried.
The viewing screen is virtually useless as it is so dim, but I can work it, might even take 3 x 4 and crop to 16 x 9 after if it becomes a problem. The default focusing set up seems to be a milk crate over the screen that picks a point at random, usually a blade of grass in the foreground so I have changed the focus set up to Point'n'take, tap the screen on the intended object to focus and it focuses and takes in one go, might be the answer?
I never want to crop normally, and don't print so huge files are not my aim, in my opinion RAW is for wimps, with this size sensor you have to be a bit anal to want 30mb files and take a lot of time ending up with a jpeg worse than provided by the camera. A bit despondent to find the full 20.3 mpx images in jpeg form are so sluggish in Panoramio, and concerned at first as they seemed out of focus, but I think it was down to the large file size, as after a second or two the brought themselves into focus.
All these comments are predicated by my existing camera, a Sony WX150, which have love and do love, except that the battery door now flips open after a couple of years. So this camera to make it worthwhile had to beat the image quality to make me feel relieved.
So I did an experiment by taking a full reslution (18> 12mpx) 16 x 9 image on the Sony WX150 and a 16 x 9 (20.3>16mpx) on the Samsung NX2000 of the same subject and area, and whilst at it I took a second image with the NX2000, 16 x 9 (20.3>7.8mpx).
A similary enlarged area on all three images adjusted to give like for like revealed the Sony was very good but the 16mpx NX2000 was far superior and although the 7.8mpx was a smaller file, on the basis of my 'no cropping' regime the area veied at the same enlargement was equally sharp. So I now intend to:-
Continue taking jpegs
Use the focus 'Touch n Shoot' facility
Except if specifically required shoot using the one step down resolution setting.
So I'm delighted, and hoping for no more 'Lock ups'.