I read this book when my daughter (age 11) recommended it. The next day we bought the next two books in the series. I think I read all three books in the series in a week.

The three books in the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins are book 1 The Hunger Games, book 2 Catching Fire and book 3 Mockingjay.

Suzanne Collins is a master storyteller
The second book picks up immediately about six months after the first ends where Katniss Everdeen is trying to get used to her new life as a victor of the Hunger Games. However unwittingly she has become a symbol of resistance, and at the next round of the Hunger Games... And so the story continues.

I love this book because it tells a tale which says that winning and wealth are ultimately not the panacea one might think. Despite being victorious Katniss is haunted by terrible nightmares of what happened, what she did in The Hunger Games. If the first part of the book is a long reflection on the shallowness of winning, an interesting commentary on the aspirations which run deep in the culture of today's society. The second part when the characters return to the arena is pure action and adrenalin.

This is a strong follow on to the original book and a fantastic cliff hanger ending. Definitely cannot wait for the end of the trilogy
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 23 October 2014
almost brand new!!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again