Format: Blu-rayChange

on 22 October 2013
I will probably get a ton of troll comments and bad ratings, but i actually enjoyed this. It is a chilled out comedy about 2 computer illiterate guys trying to adapt to the fast growing future. It was really good. Quite a few funny scenes, but it is more of an eyeopener too. One scene mentioning about kids going to college for 4 years and been unable to get jobs afterwards. It really does make you reflect on the world around you too.

I enjoyed this, even if nobody else did.

I personally recommend this film. 5/5.
33 comments58 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 January 2014
Wedding Crashers now crashing Google! Awesome! I really have big loughs and
great team working lessons watching this movie!

Memorable quotes:

- Nick Campbell: "People have a deep distrust of machines. Have you seen Terminator? Or 2? Or 3? Or 4?"

Nick: You got us a job at Google?
Billy: Well, not a job job. It’s an interview for an internship that could lead to a job. Nick, this might be the last chance that we’ve got.

Mr. Chetty: We have rules. The red paddle indicates no, the green paddle indicates yes.
Mr. Chetty: Having a beer with your boss.
[all interns raise their red paddles, except Billy and Nick]
Billy: You want to grab a cold one with me, you let me know.
Mr. Chetty: I will not be grabbing a cold one with you.
Billy: You get high?
[moves on to next rule]
Mr. Chetty: Dating a fellow intern.
[all other interns raise their red paddle, Billy raises his green paddle]
Billy: Yes.
Mr. Chetty: No.
Mr. Chetty: This is Google, not Match.com
Billy: So we’ll say “no” to love?
Mr. Chetty: We’ll say “no” to love.
Any questions?
Billy: Is a one-night-stand considered dating?

The ending has a great lesson on the weird concept of "googliness", that I understood
is something beyond normal intelligence to grasp. A great way to spend some hours and have fun.
on 28 July 2015
Well that was fun! We sat down to watch a light hearted and funny film and this is it! All these people 1 starring it going all out to critique it...well thats stupid...with Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson as a pair you know straight up the kind of film your gonna get and yes yes the ending could easily of been predicted....but pretty sure most of these type are.
Get off your high horses, grab a bowl of popcorn and have a laugh...
on 10 August 2015
I have always wanted to see this movie! Soo glad I did. It's Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson on the same screen, who wouldn't want to see this?! They both seem to have the same wit and charming qualities, which makes them equally loveable and enjoyable to watch on-screen. Quite a mix of characters and various moments in this movie, something to watch in every scene, a character to love and laugh with at times too.
Vince Vaughn is a pretty clever and extremely talented guy. This is written by him! I love everything he's done so far. He's quickly becoming my favourite celebrity! Really enjoyed watching him with Owen Wilson, I imagine they bounced off each other during filming this.
I love that each character has their own little storyline going on, and you see them flourish and develop in ways you wouldn't expect throughout.
This is definitely worth the watch if you like to laugh, or even if you are just into computers.
Massive 10 stars for this one. :)
on 27 January 2016
Overall this was a good film that I enjoyed.
A bit of both Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson classic characters and some typical type jokes but that's why we watch their movies I guess.

Yes it has cheesy lines and yes... **plot spoiler**

... it has a classic losers winning out storyline that is as predictable as it is loveable but generally it kept me involved and interested at the same time and I'd reccomend it as a feel good comedy film.
The film also has some eye opening bits and thought provocation too, especially around finding work post college.

Worth a watch. Find your inner googliness, chase your dream and live a little.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 November 2013
Billy McMahon (Vaughn) & Nick Campbell (Wilson) are wrist watch salesman who lose they're jobs due to the digital age of clocks on phones & tablets etc... making them obsolete. Jobless, with a lack of skills, awash in a World of few job opportunities & competition with walls of credentials. They begin the arduous task of looking for new jobs. But by a chance find on the internet, Billy decides to enroll them in an internship contest for Google. Blagging they're way in with salesman spiel, the trouble is, they know nothing about technology. Comedy & mayhem ensue.

Having seen mostly low ratings for this film, we were skeptical about this movie. Happily however, it is much better than we expected, and more enjoyable than films the pair have done in the past e.g The Dilemma &Hall Pass. The film's constant theme is about how behind the times & dinosaur like, Billy & Nick are, lacking the diplomacies & education that the people half they're age have & struggle to find jobs. Thrown into a mental hunger games with a group of nerds that nobody else wanted, to compete across a number of tasks with the victor getting the jobs. Billy & Nick fight against the prejudice of being fishes out of water & looked down upon. But bringing they're life experience to the group, motivating the sombre bunch, to prove they're worth. With some romance & silly comedy along the way, cracking along at a decent pace, in & around the eye catching Google HQ.

Although it is somewhat cliche & predictable in places, following Billy & Nick's exploits is never the less fun, as you root for them against the archetype snobby & up himself opposition, Graham Hawtrey, played well by Max Minghella (Agora). Whose character happens to be English *sigh*. The group bonding is very familiar fair, as each character has a flaw, and the lead duo slowly helping them become more self reliant & believing in themselves. It's that kind of life bonding experience, seeing them each grow is heartwarming & funny. Vince Vaughn & Owen Wilson are both playing to they're usual strengths. Vaughn the fast talking salesman who can sell snow to the Inuit's & Wilson the quieter one with an eye for the ladies, given a romance sub plot, were both solid in they're comfort zones. While the support cast were passable, with an array of quirky characters. Aasif Mandvi (The Mystic Masseur) as the disapproving Google intern overseer was both funny & scathing, Rose Byrne (Damages) offering up stern resistance to Nick in the love interest role, while cameos from Rob Riggle (21 Jump Street) as a mobility scooter salesman with an eye for the older ladies, John Goodman (The Big Lebowski) as the ex-employer delivering the hard truth's & Will Ferrell (Step Brothers) as a mattress salesman with a bottom fetish, added the funnies outside of Google HQ. Google co-creator Sergey Brin makes a brief cameo greeting the duo as they leave the HQ.

In conclusion, underneath the cliches & predictable story, lies a group of characters that you can't help but want to succeed, and root for them all the way in this enjoyable light hearted comedy with a sprinkling of romance. Contains strong language. Recommended.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 January 2016
Much better film than I expected. I was under the impression that it was a sequel to Wedding Crashers and wouldn't measure up, but I was wrong.
on 20 August 2015
This was a most unexpected good versus bad movie for me, I expected Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn to do well together as they have in previous movies that they have done; but Vince Vaughn excelled himself with the idea and script for this one. He even put a horrible character in that (The mattress man) I hate to watch so he made it easy for me to like it. Laughed outloud a few times as well. great.
on 7 April 2014
- fine if you have some time to kill and do not want to think for yourself, - but like so many awful films the storyline is predictable and not particularly clever. I was expecting some better jokes and word play given the relatively modern storyline but was left disappointed by a script that could have been written about a couple of apprentices working at FW Woolworth's many years ago. Pap.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 January 2016
I fully expected to dislike this movie, but I actually quite enjoyed it.

Billy and Nick are Noogler's - newbie/wannabe interns being interviewed to work for Google. Alongside a bunch of intelligent technology minded college students. Sadly for these two previous salesman, they're pretty useless with technology and may have bitten off more than they can chew. However, that's good for us because their attempts to win the dream job are pretty hilarious.

This movie is definitely a slow burner. The first quarter is long winded and dialogue heavy, but as it progresses and the interview process begins it really takes off and I started to get into it a lot more. I thought Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson were actually the perfect pair for this role and some of the supporting roles were witty contributors, which kept me interested.

This is effectively a massive advert for Google, let's face it, but it's fun and an easy watch with a teensy bit of romance. I definitely recommend it for a lazy Sunday afternoon!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse