Format: DVD|Change

on 14 January 2014
I loved Burn Notice from beginning to end and I watched the entire Season 7 in one day that's how gripping the story was. The action is as good as ever and the end is a finale that the fans love because it's a good ending ( not like the end of Dexter which was very disappointing in my mind....). When you've been living with a great show for so many years, it's like they become part of your family and you want a happy ending for the characters. Burn Notice delivers....
on 20 September 2014
I really like the series but I must admit I was disappointed with the two last seasons : one doesn't really retrieve the atmosphere that is so much enjoyed in the first five seasons, and the fun we have thanks to the wonderful performance of Jeffrey Donovan playing a different character in every episode. In this season there is no client, there is no funny tricky situations, there is no real Michael Westen; we are just dragged to the end of the story.
I didn't find the last episode too bad though, especially the little references to the first season. So I will stop being like spies (bunch of bitchy little girls!) and I will just conclude that it's still nice watching it, and that there are worse ways of spending your free time.
I have seen every episode of Burn Notice and thoroughly enjoyed everyone.
Series 7 ties everything up in a neat little bow, no loose ends.
I think the producers called this just right, Burn Notice was just starting to run out of steam,
but the series finale is excellent and has a fair few twists as well.
I'm sure we'll see the outstanding Jeffrey Donovan again soon, meanwhile
I am off to down a few Mojito's.
In the last 15 years, TV has changed dramatically. Instead of mostly stand alone episodes, many TV shows tell multi-episode stories. That’s why I respect it when show runners and TV networks set end dates for series I love. It gives the show runner a chance to end the story how they want to without dragging things out too much.

Of course, sometimes the tenor of the show has changed. That was the case with Burn Notice. I got into the show just before season 2 started airing, and I’ve been a loyal viewer ever since. However, with season 6 the show got darker, and that continued with Season 7 of the show.

When season 7 picks up, it has been nine months since we last saw Michael Westen (Jeffrey Donovan) and his friends. In that time, no one has even heard from Michael. That’s because as part of the deal that got his friends released from CIA custody, he’s been deep under cover in the Dominican Republic to take down a terrorist organization. If he can do this, maybe he and everyone else in his life will finally be free.

Of course, as he finally gets in with the group, he finds he needs help and he begins reaching out to his friends again. Sam Axe (Bruce Campbell) and Jesse (Coby Bell) are more than ready to help, but Fiona (Gabrielle Anwar) has moved on; she even has a new boyfriend. And Michael’s mom Madeline (Sharon Gless) just wants her son to come home so she doesn’t lose anyone else. Will that even be a possibility or will he wind up exposed and dead?

The darkness of season 6 continued with season 7, and I didn’t like that. The show had always put our heroes up against overwhelming odds, but here the odds seemed worse than normal. The humor that the show had often had also dimmed. There were still some good lines, but I missed the mood lightener it had presented.

Of course, a few episodes before the end, there was a twist that really darkened things. I was not a fan of that at all.

So it was with much reluctance that I sat down to watch the series finale. But I was very pleasantly surprised with how things ended. No, it wasn’t all light and warmth, but it was very satisfying, and even more importantly, it felt right. We sent these characters out with style after seven years.

And I loved the nods to some of the elements of the series in the finale, too.

The show has always been known for its action, and that was still a strong point here. The stunts and explosions are as big as ever. I will admit that one or two were a little obviously fake, but most of the time I believe what I’m watching.

These actors have always brought their characters to wonderful life, and this season was no exception. In fact, while I didn’t like some of the places the plot went, I always bought it thanks to the great acting.

There were 13 episodes in this final season, and they are presented here in their native wide screen and full surround sound on four discs. Looking for extras? You'll get the standard deleted scenes and gag reel as well as a featurette on how the end of the show was created.

So if you are a fan of Burn Notice, you owe it to yourself to find out how things end. It may not be quite the journey you hope for, but the end of Season 7 will satisfy.
on 15 February 2015
I have watched this series from the start and am glad to say they did not 'jump the shark' with this final instalment. It was gripping and I watched the whole thing in one day.My only little gripe is that I wanted more.It's a four DVD set but the forth DVD only has one episode on it along with the bonus features so I felt a bit cheated. The way it all ends is excellent much better than the end of 'Dexter' which really did leave me feeling cheated as it was such a disappointment. If you have seen any of the previous burn notice seasons then you must see this .
on 29 January 2015
NO! It is over. This last season seems to have a lot of filler material but is still enjoyable. No spoilers... but who would of thought that Sam Axe ended up with Fi?? (Buy it and find out)
on 26 February 2015
Collecting all seasons to watch together. Have seen a few seasons so will enjoy rewatching, and watching what I havent seen. Very light hearted and fun to see. Love all the characters.
on 22 May 2014
We have been glued to the whole series. Love Love Love it. Gripping, exciting, not too violent. Unpredictable, and with an unusually clear moral centre.
on 17 January 2015
Caught Burn Notice when it was advertised on tv, watched it as there wasn't much else on at the time if I remember, and became hooked. 7 seasons later and we are still loving it. It is a programme that can be watched again and again and never gets boring, by the time we get to the end we usually start again and watch it when there is nothing else on worth watching (which is often)!
on 30 September 2014
Not as good as the previous series but still very enjoyable