4.7 out of 5 stars4,694
Colour: White/GreenChange

on 1 February 2015
What an absolute bargain for a top notch smoothie maker. It can cope with very solid balls of frozen spinach no problem when making lunch smoothies in the morning to take to work with me. I also use mine to make flourless banana pancakes: throw 2x eggs and a ripe chopped up banana in and blitz for a few seconds, then fry in a pan for a few mins per side.
review image
0Comment198 of 206 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 November 2015
Very convenient for single portions and perfect for breakfast smoothies on the go. I chuck all my ingredients into it at night and keep it in the fridge ready to add ice and liquid for blending in the morning. No need to faff with transferring smoothie into another container and there's minimal washing up to do. It doesn't make the smoothest of smoothies, eg. it doesn't blend down seeds to the point of undetectable, but that's to be expected for a small blender however it's powerful enough for ice which was one of my requirements.
on 2 February 2015
Brilliant. Highly recommended. Blends your smoothie within a minute and has no problem crushing frozen fruits.
Does a more convenient job than Nutribullet as you can simply blend in a compact sports bottle for on the go and will save you much more money.
11 comment46 of 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 5 November 2014
Brilliant item and it arrived with an extra bottle, which is very useful too.
I have only used this to blend fruit to make smoothies. I added a carrot and thought, "Oh, this is not going to chop a carrot" - well it did and in record time. I love this item and use it all the time, so much so that it now has a regular spot on the counter.

Very easy to use and to clean and it is easy to pack away as it is not as bulky as some other similar blenders.

Update 22/10/2015 * Still using this a year later, perfect item, really worth the money!
Still enjoying it 6/1/2016
on 2 February 2015
This Blender is absolutely BRILLIANT, I've been using mine since the beginning of January and I've been recommending it to anyone who will listen!! It is fantastic value for money, and so easy to use, clean and store. I've been making smoothies in the evening to take to school with me the next day, and it's so easy to transport in my bag, it doesn't leak and it makes a decent sized smoothie. My favourite thing about it is that you can just experiment and make your own recipes. I feel so much better drinking these smoothies because they really kick start my day and fill me up which means that I don't spend all my money buying crisps and sweets and that makes me feel better about myself for being healthy.

***Tips, Ideas & Useful Websites***
- Buy frozen fruit chunks (I've used mango) for a better flavour, a thicker consistency, and a colder drink. (Also saves you from trying to cut open a mango)
- Put Porridge Oats in your smoothie, it makes the smoothie thicker and more filling (This is great because it stops me from snacking between meals) I followed this oatmeal smoothie recipe here http://www.theyummylife.com/recipes/233
- My favourite experimental recipe
~ Handful of frozen mango chunks
~ 1-2 Kiwi(s)
~ 1 Nectarine
~ Apple Juice
- This website has loads of smoothie ideas http://www.nursingdegree.net/blog/38/100-delicious-easy-to-make-smoothies-that-work-wonders-for-your-health/
- Don't be afraid to put vegetables in (Spinach, Kale, cumcumber, etc) You won't be able to taste it and it adds extra nutrition.
88 comments281 of 308 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 January 2016
I just love this gadget. We use it almost everyday as it's quick to prepare a great smoothie and just as quick to clean which has been my main frustration with previous blenders and juice makers.

It comes with two 'travel beakers' with lids so you can just blend and and take it to work and a separate blending blade which is easy to rinse clean after use.

We normally put the ingredients into the bottle the night before - a combination of three or four items which may include banana, blueberries, raspberry, strawberry, grapes, spinach, pineapple and even cucumber - and add sufficient water to half fill the bottle. We normally have the fruits in the freezer which makes it even easier and adds a nice iciness to the smoothie and we just take a handful for each drink.

In the morning you just remove the travel lid, screw on the blade attachment, tip it upside down and insert in the docking area of the blender. A few pushes of the power button and in less than ten seconds it's a perfectly blended smoothie.

I love this as I know that ive had at least three of my five a day before ive stepped foot out of the house and if you watch what you put into it, it's not desperately calorific and can be easily accommodated as a light breakfast.

The price is great for something that we use so often and it's one gadget that I do not regret buying and would happily recommend.
on 8 January 2016
I bought this essentially due to its relatively cheap price compared to others on the market, good reviews and honestly great colour! What I didn't expect, is for it to perform like a blender that is much more expensive and high end, if not better.
To start off, it is exactly as described and looks true to picture. It is much smaller than you think, so it doesn't take up a lot of space at all. Ridiculously simple to use. The bottle fits easily on the blender and perfectly seals on the blade. It hasn't yet leaked once (something I commonly experienced with much more expensive products such as nutribullets and other blenders). It's not the biggest bottle but it's ideal for one smoothie/blend. There is always another bottle to use if you are making more than one!
You can add fruit/vegs/ingredients to the bottle (the blade handles nuts, ice, hard ingredients with no problem at all)
It is less noisy than other blenders I have used.
The bottle is very stylish to drink from and has not leaked once in my bag or when attached to my bike.
THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS IS THAT IT IS SOOOOOOO EASY TO CLEAN!
That was the main nightmare for me with more expensive blenders... the liquid would easily dry and gets stuck between the blade and at the bottom of the bottle, even when if not dry, the blade was too narrow to clean properly etc.. This Blender is a delight to clean! It takes me about 5 seconds with a quick splash of water and soap on the blade and it's back as new!

Finally, I have seen some comments about the motor quality. For this price, you're not going to buy a 100 KW engine... but one way to get around this if you're blending and wanna make sure the motor lasts, is to push the blending button intermittently. So don't press it and keep holding it down for a minute. It will exhaust the motor. Just push it for 5 seconds then stop, then maybe another 5-8 seconds and stop. Honestly, this Breville will blend anything in 10-15seconds, so it's not an inconvenience whatsoever!

Cannot recommend it enough!
on 21 January 2016
One of the best thing I have ever owned! Got mine last week and started using it immediately, I have used it everyday since. To be honest I though of it more like one thing I wanted to have and not use really often but oh my, I'm obsessed! Using it is so easy and cleaning it as well, which makes it even better. It is fast and effective and does its job perfectly, love that it comes with two bottles. I'm always preparing one bottle for the morning while having my nighty smoothie. Since the bottle's are pretty big you can use to make smoothie for two days in fact. So glad I spent my money on this and saved actually money by not buying a more expensive one which I was thinking of at the begging. This one does it's job just as good as the expensive one's I have been able to try through friends and different live demonstration shops. It is effective and in less than a minute you have you smoothie done and ready to drink it!!
Would definitely recommend this one to everyone that's out there in search for a good blender!
Very pleased!
on 12 January 2014
It doesn't leak, its strong little machine blends everything even veggies! very strong motor, Love it! Highly recommend this model
11 comment137 of 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 February 2015
I bought this item from another online retailer for £20 and was a little dubious due to the price. However, this is a fantastic item. I wanted a simple blender to mix protein shakes with water/milk and some fruit and this machine works brilliantly.

The base unit is small and unobtrusive on the worktop and the two bottle make it very simple to mix your drink, put the id on and drink on the go. Cleaning is very simple due to the detachable blade and simple bottles. There is no effort involved in cleaning at all.

I have had the blender for over a month, using it 2-3 times a day without problems. I am blending frozen fruit too, so it is getting a good workout. All in all, a great product that I highly recommend.