3,564
Breville Blend-Active Personal Blender, 0.6 L, 300 W - White/Green
Style Name: White/Green with two bottlesChange
Price:£21.98+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 1 February 2015
What an absolute bargain for a top notch smoothie maker. It can cope with very solid balls of frozen spinach no problem when making lunch smoothies in the morning to take to work with me. I also use mine to make flourless banana pancakes: throw 2x eggs and a ripe chopped up banana in and blitz for a few seconds, then fry in a pan for a few mins per side.
review image
on 2 February 2015
This Blender is absolutely BRILLIANT, I've been using mine since the beginning of January and I've been recommending it to anyone who will listen!! It is fantastic value for money, and so easy to use, clean and store. I've been making smoothies in the evening to take to school with me the next day, and it's so easy to transport in my bag, it doesn't leak and it makes a decent sized smoothie. My favourite thing about it is that you can just experiment and make your own recipes. I feel so much better drinking these smoothies because they really kick start my day and fill me up which means that I don't spend all my money buying crisps and sweets and that makes me feel better about myself for being healthy.

***Tips, Ideas & Useful Websites***
- Buy frozen fruit chunks (I've used mango) for a better flavour, a thicker consistency, and a colder drink. (Also saves you from trying to cut open a mango)
- Put Porridge Oats in your smoothie, it makes the smoothie thicker and more filling (This is great because it stops me from snacking between meals) I followed this oatmeal smoothie recipe here http://www.theyummylife.com/recipes/233
- My favourite experimental recipe
~ Handful of frozen mango chunks
~ 1-2 Kiwi(s)
~ 1 Nectarine
~ Apple Juice
- This website has loads of smoothie ideas http://www.nursingdegree.net/blog/38/100-delicious-easy-to-make-smoothies-that-work-wonders-for-your-health/
- Don't be afraid to put vegetables in (Spinach, Kale, cumcumber, etc) You won't be able to taste it and it adds extra nutrition.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 12 January 2014
It doesn't leak, its strong little machine blends everything even veggies! very strong motor, Love it! Highly recommend this model
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 28 June 2015
Fantastic. Useful. Practical. Easy to use and easy to clean.

So much thought has gone into the design of this great little blender. From how it stores, to how you use it in the real world. Even the way the snap top ( LEAK PROOF) lid fits on the BOTTOM of the bottle when it is attached upside down in the blender. Ingenious. Throw in your frozen berries, fresh fruits, yoghurt, fruit juice etc etc. screw on the cutting/blending unit, give it a whizz and thats it, Take it off, screw in the snap top lid and take it with you. Only thing to wash is the tiny cutter/blender that you left behind.

ASDA even make packs of FROZEN fruits, pre-mixed for blending. Throw in juice and you have a healthy smoothy in seconds.

Finally a blender that I can use daily !!!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 29 July 2015
I've been using this item everyday for a few months now and and it's been excellent. Had a large 1.5 litre blender before this which was great but just too big for what I needed and took up a lot of space. This blender is 14.5" high and 5" x 5" at the bottom. It crushes ice no problem and it came with two bottles and is very easy to clean. It's very simple to use because it's only got one button and one speed, which is fast! To use, press the button repeatedly for about 1/4 to 1/2-a-second each time, that along with the shape of the bottle produces a 'pulse' effect. Don't leave the motor on for long periods, you will shorten it's life or burn it out completely. I usually have a fresh orange and topical juice mix with ice; I press the button three times, then I remove the bottle, shake it, reattach it, then give it another two or three pulses. Short pulse times produces chunkier ice, longer or more pulses will produce smaller ice and slushies. If you like frozen fruit smoothies you will probably need to vary the pulse time to your liking. Experiment! One tip: make sure you seat the black bottle attachment properly at the bottom before hitting the power button. If you rush it and it's not seated properly, then you could strip the bottom fitting which engages to the motor; I noticed at least one person has done this. Highly recommended.
on 18 April 2015
At first I thought, for the money, this was amazing. Made a fruit smoothly every day for a month. However the plastic gears joining the blade to the engine have simply crumbled and it's now useless. Avoid.
on 23 September 2014
Amazing product! I was expecting a functional product (obviously), but i was NOT expecting such a potent device!

It's extremely user-friendly! Put the produces inside, put the blade on top, attach it to the machine and press the button!
And VOILA! It's done!

When it comes to cleaning, it's as easy as rinsing in water (both the bottles and the blade) and it's done!
In fact, if you use it properly you won't even need to wash the main base device, as it won't get dirty!

It's extremely potent considering its compact size and mixes everything together without a problem.

I'll leave here a recipe that i created myself. It's a light, tasty and Healthy shake that anyone can make in 1 minute, with everyday produces:

1 natural yoghurt
1 table spoon of Flaxseeds
3 pieces of canned/fresh Peach OR pineapple (or both!)
1 handfull of rocket (don't be afradi to use it! it gives an amazing fresh taste to the shake)
Fill the bottle up to the 500ml mark with water.

Mix and enjoy a tasty, cool and healthy drink.

PS: My gf usually mixes the ingredients with soy milk instead of water and it tastes amazing as well! It even gets a creamier feel to it.

I hope this review/suggestion was useful!

Kind Regards!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 9 July 2014
A must buy if you're one for cocktails, protein/slimming shakes, juices or smoothies!! A great device that sits very discreetly on your work top. It crushes ice effortlessly, (creating some beautiful cocktails!) and blends avocado with ease! The one pot/tub/cup system saves on washing up and is a great time saver.

Needless to say it can be used for much more than just ice and avocado! These are just a couple of the tougher things I tried it with. My daiquiris turned out amazing, as did my daily (green) juice. My Husband makes his daily protein shake in this and it turns out light and frothy each time.

(I even made breadcrumbs in it today too!! (In the middle of kitchen renovations and my food processor was packed away!) and they turned out brilliantly!)

The product itself wholly deserves 5 stars, however Breville do not! There are no additional parts available for the machine, meaning you only get the two cups. If you require extras the only way to get them is to purchase an additional machine. And the company offer no support for it whatsoever! I managed to break one of the lids to mine (entirely my own fault!) and the only answer Breville could give me was 'we don't offer customer support or replacement for this product'. Disappointing for such a well known and loved brand, but a great product all the same!

Even still, rather than purchasing a new blender, I intend to get a second one of these (purely for the extra bottles).
on 27 April 2014
I purchased different very expensive juicer for my daughter Christmas present as she was on a health kick, She used this only once as it required a lot of cleaning out after, it then sat on the kitchen side and collected dust . So when I saw this in Tesco Extra (for a little more -£29.99) I bought it intending to sell the other more expensive one (which i did).
This juicer/smoothie/blender is a joy to use and as the drink bottle (one of two supplied) is the container that you put all your ingredients in (I use mostly frozen fruit and top up with any juice - but I fully expect that a large quantity of rum or similar will find its way in there in the near future). The blade blending base is screwed on the top of the bottle and it is upturned and inserted into the base unit. You press the button and give it a couple of blasts then as I use frozen fruit i remove a couple of times and shake to mix the frozen section back in. but over all it is done perfectly in a min or two.then you remove and unscrew the blade section and replace with one of the two supplied green tops with flick open spout, that even clips open not to hit you on the nose when you drink,
The only cleaning is the blade unit and the bottle when finished and ithey only need running under a tap.
I have completed this review even though I did not buy via Amazon as i am so impressed with the usability of the product and am and will hopefully continue to get a lot of use from the blender
on 14 January 2015
I really like it, very handy, just change the blender to a drink top and that's it done. easy to clean just rinse. I put the yoghurt in last and it means everything blends in seconds. you do have to hold the blend button down but its so fast is doesn't matter. would buy again and would recommend to anyone