3,750
Breville Blend-Active Personal Blender, 0.6 L, 300 W - White/Green
Package Quantity: 1Style Name: White/Green with two bottlesChange
Price:£19.50+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 1 February 2015
What an absolute bargain for a top notch smoothie maker. It can cope with very solid balls of frozen spinach no problem when making lunch smoothies in the morning to take to work with me. I also use mine to make flourless banana pancakes: throw 2x eggs and a ripe chopped up banana in and blitz for a few seconds, then fry in a pan for a few mins per side.
review image
on 2 February 2015
This Blender is absolutely BRILLIANT, I've been using mine since the beginning of January and I've been recommending it to anyone who will listen!! It is fantastic value for money, and so easy to use, clean and store. I've been making smoothies in the evening to take to school with me the next day, and it's so easy to transport in my bag, it doesn't leak and it makes a decent sized smoothie. My favourite thing about it is that you can just experiment and make your own recipes. I feel so much better drinking these smoothies because they really kick start my day and fill me up which means that I don't spend all my money buying crisps and sweets and that makes me feel better about myself for being healthy.

***Tips, Ideas & Useful Websites***
- Buy frozen fruit chunks (I've used mango) for a better flavour, a thicker consistency, and a colder drink. (Also saves you from trying to cut open a mango)
- Put Porridge Oats in your smoothie, it makes the smoothie thicker and more filling (This is great because it stops me from snacking between meals) I followed this oatmeal smoothie recipe here http://www.theyummylife.com/recipes/233
- My favourite experimental recipe
~ Handful of frozen mango chunks
~ 1-2 Kiwi(s)
~ 1 Nectarine
~ Apple Juice
- This website has loads of smoothie ideas http://www.nursingdegree.net/blog/38/100-delicious-easy-to-make-smoothies-that-work-wonders-for-your-health/
- Don't be afraid to put vegetables in (Spinach, Kale, cumcumber, etc) You won't be able to taste it and it adds extra nutrition.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 12 January 2014
It doesn't leak, its strong little machine blends everything even veggies! very strong motor, Love it! Highly recommend this model
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 28 June 2015
Fantastic. Useful. Practical. Easy to use and easy to clean.

So much thought has gone into the design of this great little blender. From how it stores, to how you use it in the real world. Even the way the snap top ( LEAK PROOF) lid fits on the BOTTOM of the bottle when it is attached upside down in the blender. Ingenious. Throw in your frozen berries, fresh fruits, yoghurt, fruit juice etc etc. screw on the cutting/blending unit, give it a whizz and thats it, Take it off, screw in the snap top lid and take it with you. Only thing to wash is the tiny cutter/blender that you left behind.

ASDA even make packs of FROZEN fruits, pre-mixed for blending. Throw in juice and you have a healthy smoothy in seconds.

Finally a blender that I can use daily !!!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 8 May 2014
I have been using this for a month now and am very pleased with it with the exception that the smoothie leaks under the blade attachment and around the motor. Nothing has blown up yet but I am tired of having to clean up around the motor and all the bits there that are difficult to clean. On several occasions, the smoothie has actually leaked right through and out through the base. I have checked and it doesn't appear to be coming out anywhere near the cord which is in a closed 'tunnel' so I do continue to use it.

I contacted Breville who said that they would send another blade part. I am still waiting so will take the whole lot back to the shop I bought it from for an exchange with the hope that this is just a faulty blender.

The lid closes well, the stopper at the top snaps shut tightly and in general, I am very pleased with this. The only thing that is annoying is the shape of the bottle - it is difficult to scrape out the thicker smoothies from the sides of the bottles.

Hopefully, this is just a faulty blender.
on 23 September 2014
Amazing product! I was expecting a functional product (obviously), but i was NOT expecting such a potent device!

It's extremely user-friendly! Put the produces inside, put the blade on top, attach it to the machine and press the button!
And VOILA! It's done!

When it comes to cleaning, it's as easy as rinsing in water (both the bottles and the blade) and it's done!
In fact, if you use it properly you won't even need to wash the main base device, as it won't get dirty!

It's extremely potent considering its compact size and mixes everything together without a problem.

I'll leave here a recipe that i created myself. It's a light, tasty and Healthy shake that anyone can make in 1 minute, with everyday produces:

1 natural yoghurt
1 table spoon of Flaxseeds
3 pieces of canned/fresh Peach OR pineapple (or both!)
1 handfull of rocket (don't be afradi to use it! it gives an amazing fresh taste to the shake)
Fill the bottle up to the 500ml mark with water.

Mix and enjoy a tasty, cool and healthy drink.

PS: My gf usually mixes the ingredients with soy milk instead of water and it tastes amazing as well! It even gets a creamier feel to it.

I hope this review/suggestion was useful!

Kind Regards!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 14 January 2015
I really like it, very handy, just change the blender to a drink top and that's it done. easy to clean just rinse. I put the yoghurt in last and it means everything blends in seconds. you do have to hold the blend button down but its so fast is doesn't matter. would buy again and would recommend to anyone
on 2 January 2014
this was a gift for my son who is into his health drinks - he loves the fact that he can make the drink in the bottle and not have to transfer it or wash anything extra. He has used frozen fruit and says it works brilliantly.

great buy :)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Brilliant item and it arrived with an extra bottle, which is very useful too.

I have only used this to blend fruit to make smoothies. I added a carrot and thought, "Oh, this is not going to chop a carrot" - well it did and in record time. I love this item and use it all the time, so much so that it now has a regular spot on the counter.

Very easy to use and to clean and it is easy to pack away as it is not as bulky as some other similar blenders.
on 3 August 2015
I bought this blender so that I could make smoothies to take in my bag to university and I am really pleased with it. I mainly use frozen fruit because it is cheaper and the blender has not trouble with this. The neck of the bottle is wide so it is easy to fill and the plastic it is made from is very sturdy, I may have dropped it several times by accident but it still looks as it did when I bought it. The bottle is a good capacity (600ml) and has never leaked in my bag. The unit itself is small and doesn't take up too much space on the worktop.
Overall this is a great personal blender, many of my friends also have this and they are all as pleased with it as I am. :)

TIPS:
If using frozen fruit or ice cubes put these in the bottle first with some liquid (water, milk or juice) and allow them to soften for a minute or two so they don't strain the motor.
It comes with two bottles, unless there are two of you using it, keep one bottle in the box as a spare.
It is easier to clean straight after you have used it, if you leave it dirty for too long the smoothie dries onto the bottle and it is harder to wash.