Two of my nieces are absolutely Monster High mad at the moment - as with the majority of girls in their years at school. At first glance the Monster High Dolls may seem a little creepy and they are certainly unlike the 'normal' barbie style dolls but I must admit that if Monster High had been out and about when I was little then I would have actually liked dolls (well the Monster High ones anyway) as they are so different and unique plus they are all beautifully made.

I have bought this Lagoona Blue Shower Room set as a present for one of my nieces as she has plenty of dolls but not so many of the play sets. I couldn't resist having a quick peek at the shower room set before wrapping it and I told myself that "this was for purely checking that everything was included that should be....." - oh how I wish I was a little girl again just to play with the Monster High stuff! My one gripe with the set is that it includes a small tub attached to the shower for Lagoona's pet Neptuna (who is a pink piranha) but not Neptuna themselves who you cannot buy on their own. It would have been really good if Neptuna had been included with the set so I shall have to keep looking to see if I can get my niece one.

The shower itself is approx 28cm high to the top of the shower head, 10cm approx in circumference when measuring the shower curtain rail and so the Lagoona doll or other Monster High dolls should be able to fit inside as the majority of them appear to measure around 27cm high including heels. The sink stands at approx 27.5cm high and the chair stands at approx 16cm high.

The shower has a little tap/handle on it that turns to simulate the water being turned on, a shell shower tray, a jellyfish shaped shower head, a detachable separate tub for her pet Neptuna to have a wash in, a loofah and a shower curtain which is actually in a nice thick plastic very similar to what one of our shower curtains would be made from. The sink has a mirror with an Octopus surround, shell basin, little shelf on the stand, seahorse and fish shaped taps, fish and seahorse shaped shampoo/showergel bottles and two jellyfish ornaments (sorry not actually sure what these are supposed to be). The chair has tentacle legs and looks like a coral shaped seat with a pink monster high skull on it.

Lagoona Blue is the daughter of The Sea Monster and is 15 years old. Lagoona spends the majority of her time in water if possible so that her skin doesn't dry out and tends to hang out at the school pool whenever she can. This is a really nice little set and perfect for any Monster High or Lagoona Blue fans. Personally I wouldn't pay or say it was worth the full price but at around the half price mark when I bought it I think it is a fantastic little set. My verified purchase label for this set from Amazon is showing under this duplicate posting of this set: Monster High Lagoona Shower Room (Blue)
on 20 November 2013
My daughter is a monster high fan just now. These dolls are quite quirky and love the theming for each item. Keeps my 8 year old happy and seem to be quite sturdy
on 2 December 2013
I've bought one set for my 6 yrs old daughter and another one for her cousin - they both absolutelly love it!!! Very nice & quality toy in a great price !!!
on 20 June 2015