on 28 March 2014
Decent picture quality. But I get the feeling that the processor in this TV is soooo slow to save money. This means everything you do takes an age to register on the TV. From turning it on to getting into the smart apps, perhaps 30 seconds? long delays between pressing a button and seeing the results happen on the screen. Also, I play a lot of MP4s on the TV through USB stick. MP4 files that have played on original generation PSPs, my 8 year old computer, my PS3, every phone I have owned in the last 6 or 7 years, and this TV has problems with them. If the file is over about 50 minutes, the audio starts de-syncing from the moment you press play. This makes any longer files unwatchable. Having emailed Toshiba about this repeatedly, they concluded there was nothing wrong with my version of the TV. So if it isn't my particular TV that was broken, it must mean that this model as a whole is not up to this basic task. I've never had this problem on any other TV, computer, tablet, even phone… Steer clear.
on 30 October 2013
I read a few reviews before buying this item , a lot of people seemed to have trouble with the "smart " side . The set up was very easy and straight forward and I'm very pleased with my purchase
VINE VOICEon 15 December 2013
So, there are two downsides to this TV. The first is that the TV takes a long time to respond to the remote control. You have to weight for ages. The second is that the whole Toshiba Cloud TV thing is a real pain in the backside to set up.

They are the only downsides and I am giving this 5/5 because for the price, it's a steal. The picture quality is excellent - as good as my (3 year old) Samsung. Some people complain about the sound, but we have it wall mounted as a second TV and it is absolutely fine. Easy to mount, easy to operate, and a fantastic price.

Nice work, Toshiba
on 7 November 2013
I got this TV to replace an older 37" LCD, and it's loads better. With the thin surround it's actually smaller (and also a lot lighter) than the old TV, even though it's a bigger screen area.

The picture is gorgeous - I don't think I've ever seen a better one (though according to the experts some of the new 42" panels look better - the problem there being that all of the TVs built around them seem to have too few HDMI connectors).

The main thing that swung me towards this set was the large number of connectors. Scart and component take care of my old SD PVR and Wii (the PVR looked awful over HDMI), and I'm presently using 2 of the HDMIs for a Raspberry Pi running OpenELEC and a Panasonic HD PVR/BluRay. With most of the 42" sets I looked at I'd now be out of connectors, which would be no good as I expect to be plugging in laptops, tablets and games consoles. Optical out is also great for hooking up to an AV receiver.

Channel discovery and wired network setup was very straightforward, and the TV updated its software without any drama.

iPlayer in HD works well and looks amazing, but navigating through the 'smart' features is painful - the menus just aren't responsive. The media player seems competent enough, and worked fine with the files I tried, but it's such a pain to use I don't see the Raspberry Pi going away.
on 15 August 2014
This is simply one of the most diabolically awful pieces of equipment I have ever had the displeasure to own. The name suggests that it is a smart TV. I have to suggest that that this is the most duplicitous descriptor and Toshiba should be prosecuted for false advertising. It is laboriously slow, freezes with frustrating regularity and is incapable of processing the most simple instruction ( e.g. Turning on from the remote). It is unable to populate channels that are available in the region and is incapable of functioning as a simple television let alone a smart one. Do yourself a favour and do not, under any circumstances ( other than you wish to avoid the raft of televisual entertainment readily available for free to any person with a fully functional TV) purchase this piece of technologically backward waste of space. (Ps. I have to give it a rating to get this review to load. I do not suggest, for one second, that it is worthy of one star)
on 27 July 2013
Decided to buy one of these as a second TV to go in the playroom. Picture quality is really good and as a basic TV it is very good. However the "Smart" functionality has a long way to go. Firstly the Apps like BBC iPlayer randomly decide not to start and the only fix is to turn it off at the power for 10 seconds and restart. This happens a lot. Pairing the app on my iPhone was problematic and to be honest not worth the bother. The PVR functionality using an external hard disk could not be more basic if it tried. Feels like a VCR from the 80s! You can select a programme from the EPG but then it just records a time slot. If you then want to repeat it you have to go into the EPG again, then into the timer section and change it to daily or weekly. It has no concept of "record series", which is rubbish. I'm now probably going to buy another Youview box to connect to it and just use it as a basic TV, which it does fine.
on 5 January 2015
Bought in April 2014
We've had issues with this TV from day 1 regarding connectivity through Wifi and also response with the remote control but it finally stopped working a mere 8 months after purchase after less than 1000hrs of use (Approx)
I contacted Toshiba to explain that the TV's standby light came on (permanent Green) with no sound and no Vision.
After 2 weeks of bouncing between Toshiba and Amazon the TV is finally going to be taken back.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 August 2014
Nice TV picture quality very good still learning its smart TV functions but it's a good TV for the proce
on 9 April 2014
Great Tv.. very light for its size so easy to move around. Pretty easy to set up, but does take a while when your adding Netflix Facebook etc accounts. Wifi was straight forward with no issues setting up. Picture is lovely and clear and the built in freeview HD makes that even better. All in all great TV with no issues so far :)
on 10 October 2013
Absolute perfection is too much to ask, but the loss of connection to the router periodically is irritating as lap top desktop and printers stay doggedly connected at all times . Picture quality and sound are the best yet and notwithstanding the opening sentence , we are well pleased with its performance and price bracket . K.C.Bartlett.