5,282
Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 32GB Memory Card - Frustration Free Packaging
Size: 32GBPackage Type: Frustration-Free PackagingChange
Price:£8.28+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 4 April 2010
Before getting to the actual memory card, I'd first like to mention two things I like:

1. It comes with the MicroSD adapter - something I find very useful.
MicroSD is almost *the* standard for mobile phones (with even stubborn manufacturers like Sony Ericsson slowly ditching their proprietary formats in favor of this) but the problem is, a lot of larger products (like cameras and laptops for instance) take only the standard SD card.
Here, it is advantageous to have the adapter because all you have to do is plug the card in your adapter and you're ready to transfer your pix/files from your phone to your laptop and vice versa.

2. The packaging won't injure you.
Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of those horrible plastic-clamshell packaging which takes a knife and two steady hands to cut open; fortunately, this card ships in a neat cardboard cover which surrounds a re-sealable plastic 'case' that can also double as a storage case in case you need it (although wasn't probably intended for that purpose).

Getting to the actual card, I found the card reasonably fast with okay read and write speeds; this is most likely attributed to the "Class 4" speeds it carries, but to be honest I'm not too sure what that means for the average joe (who's probably only going to use this on their phone or whatever)

The only (small) complaint I have is that its a tad bit difficult to pull the memory card out of the adapter, but then that's hardly a complaint considering the performance and the price, so I gladly give this five stars.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 January 2013
There are far too many fakes about and its essential you test your card on receipt, some fakes will pass some of the test programmes, so test with ChkFlsh, Crystal Disk Mark & especially H2testW. H2testW tests the full capacity of the card, so will catch any using aliasing to fake larger than real capacity. A card with full capacity but high error rate/slow write speed indicates a 'ghost run' fake.

I`ve added images to the product gallery to assist in visually identifying genuine & fake cards.

Good results:
A 32GB card should have a formatted capacity of around 30GB, format in FAT/FAT32 only (NTFS shortens life of flash media & wont improve performance)
A class 4 card must have a write speed of 4MB/s minimum (large files) the first result in Crystal Disk Mark should indicate that.
Read speeds should be over 12MB/s.
review image
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 January 2014
This 32GB card has been installed in a 7 inch 'Generic' Android Tablet PC for over a year. Over this time it's given excellent performance both in terms of speed and reliability. The Android operating system (ver. 4.0.4) reports 29.32GB available with the 32GB card formatted with FAT32. You always 'lose' a certain amount of memory due to formatting / operating system requirements.

The supplied SD to Micro SDHC adapter is useful for bulk-data transfers to and from my laptop (has a SD card slot) instead of using the Android tablet's USB data transfer cable.

There have been reports of fake card's in circulation. I purchased this card directly from Amazon and have had no problems. I've used many Kingston memory sticks over a number of years without any data loss, therefore this Kingston 32GB Micro SDHC card was my first choice.
on 26 October 2009
I bought three SanDisk equivalents and then bought three of these. Don't bother with SanDisk, these are twice the speed for the same money.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 22 July 2011
This is a great value card and works very well in my HTC Desire HD. Its seems to be genuine as you would expect from Amazon and is a lot cheaper than you can find in the shops. Did not need formatting worked as soon has I put it in the phone. Copying the contents of my old disk (which I had put onto my PC) was very fast. Delivery was very slow, 12 days
on 1 December 2010
Cautious to find the fastest, biggest microSD for reasonable money, this Class 4 Kingston chip is brilliant value for money and works superbly in my HTC Desire. Adapter was sent for the larger format SD also which was a bonus. And still not seen anything for better value since!
on 5 December 2011
Before buying this item I spent a good two hours looking for the cheapest and most trustworthy seller online. After watching several adapter and card packs on ebay and comparing about twenty shops on google shopping it appeared that no one would let this item go for less than amazon even when taking delivery charges into account. It arrived promptly and works perfectly. Save yourself some time and look no further than here. I've done the research for you. You're welcome.
on 21 February 2011
Ive just purchased this card due to all the hype its been given and some of the reviews indicating that you can transfer 10.8gb of data to it in 27m 59s and another guy that mentioned a read speed of 15 MB/s and write speed of 5-6 MB/s.

In reality the speeds are garbage. It took me almost 2 hours to transfer just short of 16gb of mixed size data, ranging from a few kb to a few hundred MB using a high speed memory card reader plugged into a USB 2.0 compatible port...it took the same time as having the card plugged into the phone, acting as a glorified card reader. The card was formatted with a cluster size of 32k and actual formatted size was 14.8gb

With all the benchmarking tools ive used it also gets awful marks when compared to my previous Duracell class 2, 16gb micro sdhc card. The Duracell branded one is an unsung hero. I can get write speeds of 6mb/s and read speeds of 15mb/s with that.

Using the "AnTutu System Review" app it shows a SD Card Write speed of 2.6 to 3.6MB/S and SD Card Read Speed of 8.9 to 9.1 MB/s, with the CPU running at 998mhz. Nothing is reading or writing to the card when im running the tests, its performance is unfortunately garbage. I get even poorer results when im running the CPU slightly underclocked at 844mhz, which isnt exactly slow for a mobile phone ffs. This didnt used to be an issue at all with my Panasonic card. My Panasonic card used to get a result of 13 MB/s read speed and 6 MB/s write speed, not too shabby to say that its only a class 2 card...

Using the "SD Card Speed Test" app (also known as just "Sst") it gets the following results:

Files of 1MB in size - Write Speed - 3MB/s and Reading Speed 8MB/s, measures as a class 2 card.
Files of 2MB in size - Write Speed - 3MB/s and Reading Speed 10MB/s, measures as a class 2 card.
Files of 3MB in size - Write Speed - 2MB/s and Reading Speed 10MB/s, measures as a class 2 card.
Files of 4MB in size - Write Speed - 3MB/s and Reading Speed 9MB/s, measures as a class 2 card.
Files of 5MB in size - Write Speed - 3MB/s and Reading Speed 10MB/s, measures as a class 2 card.
Files of 10MB in size - Write Speed - 2MB/s and Reading Speed 10MB/s, measures as a class 2 card.

So yeah as you can see, the card is complete garbage when it comes to writing data and its not particularly good for reading it either. If you have some apps installed on the phone like i do then its just going to make your phone laaaaaaaaaaaaag. Ive now got the dilema of sticking with this crap or backing up the conents of the card and putting it all back on my more than great class 2 Panasonic card.

Save yourself [], have a look for the 16gb class 2 panasonic card or try something else. ont get anything higher than a class 6 card if you have a HTC Desire because the phone cant cope with them and it often ends up going into a boot loop, moaning about "SD Removed".
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 June 2014
This is a fairly attractive low cost micro SD card, you do get a bundled adapter so you can also use it as a normal SD card if you wish.

Class 4 cards are not hugely fast but need to have a min write speed of 4MB/s, testing the Kingston I got just over 5MB/s write speed and about 17MB/s read speed (results may vary depending on card reader) That's about in line with the requirements.

It's not a card I would suggest if you are doing HD video recording either on cameras or camcorders. But for normal day to day use, tablets and mobile phones it's good enough for those uses. I've a few of these around and I can say I've not had any issues with Kingston cards to date, they have been reliable enough.

Folks looking for more speed should look at the class 10 cards, like the Sandisk which is quite a bit quicker, but does cost more

If you don't need a super fast card and just want decent storage capacity, then this card offers excellent value.
on 19 September 2009
I bought this SD card for my phone as it has very little memory. This card has enabled me to download an enormous amount of music to listen to on the go. well worth the money :)