on 6 June 2014
I first purchased a GHD straightener about ten years ago which I had no problems with until one of my kids trod on it and snapped it. I bought this as its replacement. I don't feel the quality is of as high a standard as my previous one and it also doesn't straighten as effectively as my old one. I have to be honest I'm disappointed and won't be buying GHD again.
on 9 June 2014
Bought these for the misses at christmas and six months of daily use later they are still going strong. she also said that there is a noticable differance to the last ones and it takes less time to do her hair which is always a bonus! beep when there ready to use
on 25 March 2014
This set shows a little personality for something that my girlfriend uses everyday. I went for the straighteners+brush because her old brush was faily knackered. She really liked the whole thing. Plus it came in a nice presentation box which made for the perfect Christmas combo.

The only draw back is being asked to brush her hair now and then, but the brush is a nice wide brush and makes easy work of knotty hair, so it's not all bad :)
on 9 July 2016
Had these straigheners a while now. Although they look pretty they dont perform as well as the original ghds. The blades do not close properly and as a result tug the hair a bit. I was in 2 minds to return them when i got them but i desperately needed a pair. I wouldn't recommend these or purchase again
on 31 December 2013
Bought these in the Black Friday offers and am really pleased with them. Great to have a safety cut out on them if you forget to turn them off. GHDs are just so much better than any other brands I have bought.
on 10 December 2013
Love, love, love these!!! Great colour, great at styling too! Very happy! Would highly recommend these straighteners!
We'll done GHD!
on 10 December 2013
Sent this gift to France it arrived quickly, from the packaging to the product itself and the colour of it.......all is better than expected.

Don't regret this buy a seconde....on the contrary :)
on 11 January 2014
I bought my first pair of GHDs in November 2006, and to this day they're still going!! After 7 years of everyday straightening, they've lost one GHD badge, and the cable is a bit dodgy & needs setting for when you turn them on. I took this as a gentle warning from them, to start thinking of buying a replacement. So I bought these GHD V amethyst ones. What others have said about this generation is correct, the plates dont meet flat. Im slightly disappointed with that. My older ones meet flat, and are great at curling hair too. Ive just tried to curl mine with the new ones... not such a great effect, if I'm honest!
If I'm completely blunt about these, I will keep them, and wear them in, hoping that the plates will meet and that they're as good for curling in the long run. But I'm keeping the old ones next to them as a standby for those mad hectic days when I just dont have time to mess about!!
Guess its true what they, they just dont make 'em like they used to.
on 16 January 2014
Beautiful product, gorgeous colour , I have the original ghds which ate the best brand straightners you can buy in my opinion, but after buying these as a present for my daughter I absolutely adore this limited edition. Great value for money too, much cheaper than I paid for my original ones on their own
on 19 December 2013
I had a pair of GHD'S a few years back I loved them but hubby stood on them by mistake and snapped them in half and I was heartbroken but bought cheaper ones and thought yes these are fine, but saved up and bought these recently and wish I had bought them earlier, the difference in my hair is amazing and so healthy, these are the newest ones and they dont get as hot I think but thats fine as I have fine hair so less damage, if you have really think hair I think the IV will be better, and the gorgeous colour make them a pleasure to use.

See one answered question