on 23 August 2014
I treated myself to this when it was on Deal of the Day for sixty-eight quid, and I am so glad I did. In the promo video one of the people says this gets your teeth "ridiculously clean". She's not wrong!

It's really easy to use, and does a cracking job. I am now a full convert and won't ever go back to a manual brush.

I have not had any serious dental issues as I take reasonable care of my teeth, but recently I have started to develop a couple of sensitive spots. These sensitive spots persisted despite me using enamel repair toothpaste/mouthwash. After just FOUR DAYS with this new brush the sensitive areas disappeared altogether. I did not encounter any of the gum bleeds during the initial week of use which some users report. I also noticed a significant lightening in the shade of my teeth, and the gradual removal of some dark stains which accumulated when I was a smoker.

One thing that surprised me is just how brief a two minute brushing period is when you have a device like this to time it for you. I had always believed that I was under-brushing, but as it turns out time compresses when you use a manual brush. I found you have to be quite nippy with this thing to hit every surface. It does such a thorough job though that you can move it around the mouth much more quickly than you might expect.

The blurb says the InterCare heads remove six times more plaque than manual brushing (why then is the DiamondClean system more expensive when those heads only remove twice as much plaque?). Having flossed manually after using the brush I am inclined to believe that blurb. Virtually nothing came out using dental floss, and an interdental brush only lifted small amounts of matter shortly after eating. The incredibly clean feeling apparently really does come from the teeth being incredibly clean!

If you are coming from a manual toothbrush, I would recommend taking the plunge. I really doubt that you will have any regrets.
on 8 February 2014
I have used an electric toothbrush previously but this far out performs any others. It made my teeth feel 'squeaky clean', I would recommend it to anyone who wants superb dental hygiene. The sonic action does take some getting used to as it is so powerful.
on 6 August 2014
If you want really clean teeth; look no further and buy this brush. I previously had an Oral B Professional Care 2000, but it broke after 2 years. Although the Oral B was good, it is not comparable to the Phillips Sonicare.

The toothbrush head shape is much more effective for cleaning; my teeth look and feel so clean after use, it is like having been to the hygienist. I have only had the brush a week and already I notice the battery life improvement. I have not charged it since it was purchased and I still have 'two bars' of power left.

Well worth the money!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
In addition to the physical vibration of the bristles on the teeth, `Sonicare' electric toothbrushes utilise ultrasonic cleaning, as used in hospital sterile service units to clean the gunk off surgical instruments. You don't need to move or agitate the brush: just hold it to the teeth upper, lower, left, right, inside, outside then rinse when finished. A timer is incorporated which issues an audible signal every 30 seconds, repeated four times to ensure upper left, upper right, lower left and lower right areas are cleaned properly. We've used other electric toothbrushes which are promoted as `sonic' in the product description, but few of them actually deploy genuine ultrasonic cleaning technology like these from Philips.

This latest `FlexCare Platinum' variant has an attractive contemporary-aesthetic design and looks like a work of art. Two brush heads are supplied (which incidentally do not fit earlier Sonicare models) and the brush has three speed settings and three modes, which might be too much choice for the average user to think about. It comes with carrying case and travel charger.

Be warned that the battery takes 24 hours to charge the first time it's used, but once charged is good for around 30x brushing sessions, so if you're going on a trip for several days you shouldn't need to pack the charger.

Verdict: very stylish, very effective, lots of nice features but at the current price, rather expensive when compared to earlier Sonicare models. My advice: a good choice but if you're on a budget, wait for the price to come down - which it surely will.
on 27 September 2013
Having used Sonicare for a long time, I was already a fan and simply needed a replacement for my old one which was slowing up due to a dying battery presumably.
I decided to get the best I could afford and going by reviewers comments this was a good choice.
On the positive side, it is much much lighter than older versions, has a lot of choices of modes (too many actually in my opinion)and looks pretty nice in it's cute stand on the bathroom shelf. ! I like the Intercare head which has thus far negated the need for flossing every single time afterward.
I am finding though it does'nt seem to have quite the same oomph of the others I've owned, feeling gentler and with far less vibrations. I'm not using the ramp up feature either and have opted for full blast from the word go as I'm a sonicare veteran.
So, yes teeth feel clean but only time will tell if this is at least as efficient as older models.
I am quite impressed though with only a few reservations........
I'm adding further comments several months down the road because as suspected at first, this is absolutely not as effective as earlier models despite being about twice the price....It seems Phillips have tried to incorporate too many features and made it feel very gentle and in so doing lost it's edge. I, and my hygienist, have noticed staining returning much quicker despite brushing as often and for the same duration as before.
The most annoying thing, that aside, is that the positioning of the intensity level button is in a really, really stupid place, right where you rest your thumb whilst brushing and so it keeps altering inadvertently, meaning stopping and starting continually. Very frustrating.
I would NOT have bought this had I known about these flaws and wish I'd gone for a more basic much cheaper model. Beware. !
22 comments1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 March 2014
I have used Sonicare toothbrushes for over 5 years & this is the best one I've ever had.
It is lighter & quieter than the previous model, plus it has a whitening feature.
Since I have been using the toothbrush I have notice my teeth feel cleaner for longer.
I will never use a manual toothbrush again.
The only downside is the cost of the replacement heads, but then, you get what you pay for.
I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for an electric toothbrush.
on 19 November 2013
the three settings - clean, white, gum health - really do make a difference to the action of the brush head. much the best sonicare i've had.
on 17 December 2013
As described. Brand new. Quick delivery. Nice settings for power range and whether you want to clean or whiten (or Clean then whiten as I do). Can already tell the difference. Very long battery life.
on 18 August 2014
Really loved it until it stopped working eight months after we bought it. Just hope Amazon are good about replacing it.
on 7 April 2014
Had this recommended to me by a friend & am not disappointed. Incredible power leaves your mouth feeling like you've been attacked by a dentist with a jackhammer. Brilliant, couldn't recommend it enough. My teeth look & feel better & whiter than before. Excellent, well worth the expense.