on 15 February 2014
I'm in love with Philips epilators. I've been using them for almost 20 years (1 lasts me about 10 years and I use them extensively).
This time I decided to try something from the higher shelf, as I was always using the cheap basic Satinelle models.

Cons: I can't see any. Maybe only a lack of instructions. There are some mysteriously looking attachments in the bag and I've got no idea what they are for.

Pros:
- while you epilate the light inbuilt in the case is on - a great help: finally I don't have to turn at awkward angles towards the lamp ot window to see what I'm doing.
- cordless: finally I can do it where ever I want to, no need to stay close to the socket any more
- ergonomic shape: sits well in palm, feels good
- great tweezers with strong light

And a few more thoughts:
I was worried about the width of the epilating area: it is actually exactly the same as in case of cheap usual satinelle models, it's just an optical illusion giving impression, that it will be very narrow.
I was also told, that a fully charged epilator will work for up to 40 minutes. It might be the case for higher speed settings. I use it on lower speed and it lasts much longer.
The trimming attachement works fine. IT's waterproof (tested in the shower).
Shaver works ok. Does the job, but I still prefer razors. Maybe I'm just not used to this kind of shavers.
There are more things in the bag, but as I previously mentioned, I don't even know what they are for.

In a nutshell: a great but and I would recommend to anybody.
on 2 February 2014
I did a lot of research before choosing my new epilator. I knew I wanted to stick with Phillips, having used a Satinelle epilator happily for approx. 7 years before the unit gave up. I read a lot of reviews before picking this satinperfect but I am very happy with it.

Pros:
Smooth, quick to use, picks up even short hair fast. My old epilator in the end took ages to get to grips with the hair and thus the process took ages.
The light is really useful for seeing where the hair is on the skin that might be missed otherwise.
The attachment for bikini line really makes sense and makes it easier to remove the hairs. My old one didn't have anything like this, and epilating there could be hit-and-miss. Am very impressed with this feature.
It glides over curves in the knees and underarms easily, so removing hairs there is not a problem either.

Cons:
The button could be better designed, building to the higher speed instead of having to press it twice to reach it.
(Minor - The bag it came with was a poor substitute for the case my previous model had.)

I haven't yet had cause to try it in the shower or bath so I can't comment on the wet/dry feature, but that isn't what I bought it for, and I struggled to find what I wanted without the wet/dry feature. It works brilliantly on my underarms too, and the shave lasts longer than my previous model. I noticed some reviews commented on the noise; I don't find it noisier than I would have expected.

I'm very happy with this and hope it lasts as long as its predecessor!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I picked this for my girlfriend, expecting all sorts of thank yous and applause for being such a thoughtful boyfriend so was a little miffed when she was less than pleased with it.

Confused, I asked why she wasn't over the moon with her new gift? And she told me that, apparently epilators are blooming painful to use.

Well, I then explained to her that she had to use it, at least once, so I could do this review. Again she was less than impressed - until she used it, that is.

Apparently epilators have come along way from the days of yore because this was relatively OK to use (according to her). It has 2 speeds and comes with a bagful of accessories too. One of which is a bag! The others are listed here:

1 x SatinPerfect HP6582/00 epilator
1 x Cleaning brush
1 x Smart tweezers
1 x Power adapter
1 x User manual

It can be used wet or dry which makes both cleaning and using the unit convenient and easy, and comes with a 2 year guarantee as well. It ain't cheap - but it ain't half bad either if epilation's your thing.

PS. If you're wondering what smart tweezers are, they're tweezers which have a inbuilt light to help you see the hairs you're plucking.
55 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 23 July 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I gave this epilator to my other half to try out as I am not entirely sure how manly hair free legs are and so am reporting back on her findings.

First off I should probably say that she has used epilators in the past and is well aware of the upsides and downsides of such machines so can give a fairly balanced view.

The initial charge for the unit doesn't take long and it is easy to set up so you are ready to go. When we tried to turn it on initially we did think that perhaps we had a faulty model but it turns out you just have to press the on button really hard so be warned you don't need to be gentle with it!

The speed of the epilator is quite something, it whirs away making a lot of noise which is not so great if you are trying to be discreet but that said my partner found that this model was significantly less painful than others she has used so the noise was quickly forgiven. Perhaps the lack of pain was because the plates move faster but she really didn't hesitate for long after first contact. It should be noted here that she was using the epilator on her bikini area so a pretty sensitive place and it was not in any way pain free, but it was easily bearable. As it is so fast she was also able to work quickly herself meaning the whole event was over much more swiftly than she expected. The built in light is also extremely bright and useful - though if you are left handed as the OH is it can be a little tougher to position in the right place.

The different heads you are supplied with are easy to switch in and out of the socket which makes the unit easy to adjust for whatever your needs are. A minor niggle is the lack of WRITTEN instructions. There is a sort of mini booklet with pictures but not full instructions with writing. As usual once you get the hang of the pictures instructions they are ok, but the OH would have liked written ones to point her in the right direction at first.

Everything can be stored away in a handy little bag that comes with the kit which is great as it means you are not going to lose anything in the bathroom.

Overall this is an effective piece of kit which has some nice touches and is easy to operate. It does however come with a pretty hefty price tag hence my 4 stars as although it is good it is by no means perfect and as such I am not sure it merits a price tag this high.
on 6 November 2015
OK, take this from someone who has never been into epilating before. I thought this would be a high risk purchase because if it was too painful I would have spent all this money and never use the thing again! Well, first of all, it obviously does hurt, but the pain is really bearable and it varies on which area you are working on so if it's your legs, it's pretty much pain-free, bikini line, it's painful but OK. Armpits hurt loads BUT leaves them so soft and nice that it's really worth it. What I've been doing is covering small areas of each arm pit and do them in several sessions across one weekend (because I am committed to get it done!), so far it's been a week and my hair is already growing slowly and weaker so I definitely recommend you try it!
on 20 January 2015
I love this epilator it's the best one I've had and I think it's epilator number 4. Doesn't need chaging very often, the bright white light is really useful for making sure you don't miss any hairs. I've had this for over a year now and it's been looked after so still looks good as new and going strong! If you get it at a good price, snap it up, I would definitely look to repurchase.
on 23 July 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This epilation kit has everything you could need. The epilator works efficiently, tackling even short hair, and is one of the most painless ones I've used (and I've been epilating for over 10 years). The light is a brilliant innovation, especially for people like me with poor eyesight! I love that it can be used in the shower - no more towels covered in hair to launder. The normal shaving head is a wonderful addition as I've never been brave enough to epilate my underarms, so this addition is very useful. The eyebrow tweezers are a great bonus and they too have a light and also a mirror to ensure professional looking eyebrows. All of this packs away neatly into the supplied pouch. This is the perfect epilation kit.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Smooth legs without nicks or pain is a holy grail for me. The Phillips epilator seeks to provide just that.

The item comes with a variety of head attachments to pluck and shave the hairs off your body. Phillips even include a pair if tweezers to remove stubborn little hairs.

The epilatior can be used wet or dry and I found it more comfortable in the bath. It did hurt a but to use but it was no way bad as waxing. That hurts like billyo.

My one quibble is that the charging cable kept falling out of the epilator. It was tricky to get the darn thing charged. That is the only quibble.

DItch the wax and try the epilator.
on 15 March 2016
Overall the epilator is really useful considering it is cordless and has a wider head. These were the two reasons I bought it. However, I feel that to remove all the hair you have to use the epilator in quite a few strokes and it isn't just a one stroke and all the hair is off. Wouldn't really consider Phillips again and will stick to Braun as I always have.
VINE VOICEon 11 July 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
OK - so I got this out of the packaging, read through the instructions and charged it up. Then I took a deep breath, gritted my teeth and went for it!

Yes - I have used an epilator before and I am fully aware that you need to be a bit of a masochist to use one. Or at least that used to be the case. This one seems to have found a way to make the whole process bearable. I used the machine - according to the very clear instructions and diagrams - on both my legs and bikini line (which I thought was a very brave decision! But wanted to be thorough!) And I didn't cry! In all honesty, it really isn't that bad. If I said it was totally painless I would be fibbing but it wasn't awful (unlike in the early days of epilation)

The benefits of this machine are:

A really bright light that lets you see the hair you are trying to get
A variety of guards so that you can make the process as painless as possible
Cordless Wet and Dry so you can use it in the bath and it works equally well in either mode

The negatives ( in my opinion) are limited to one thing - there is a razor/shaver head that comes with this machine. I found it a bit pointless. WHY Philips?? If you want a razor - you'd get a razor!

On top of the epilator with all its benefits, there is also a pair of precision tweezers in this pack that have a very bright light. It is a really nice addition as you can get an all over hair removal - as it clearly states on the instructions not to use the epilator above the neck! (would anyone really do that?!?) so the tweezers can be use on eyebrows or anywhere else you may want to use them.

I would certainly recommend this Epilator even if you have tried them before and found them too painful to use.