Philips SatinPerfect HP6582/00 Cordless Wet and Dry Epilator
Price:£76.98+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I picked this for my girlfriend, expecting all sorts of thank yous and applause for being such a thoughtful boyfriend so was a little miffed when she was less than pleased with it.

Confused, I asked why she wasn't over the moon with her new gift? And she told me that, apparently epilators are blooming painful to use.

Well, I then explained to her that she had to use it, at least once, so I could do this review. Again she was less than impressed - until she used it, that is.

Apparently epilators have come along way from the days of yore because this was relatively OK to use (according to her). It has 2 speeds and comes with a bagful of accessories too. One of which is a bag! The others are listed here:

1 x SatinPerfect HP6582/00 epilator
1 x Cleaning brush
1 x Smart tweezers
1 x Power adapter
1 x User manual

It can be used wet or dry which makes both cleaning and using the unit convenient and easy, and comes with a 2 year guarantee as well. It ain't cheap - but it ain't half bad either if epilation's your thing.

PS. If you're wondering what smart tweezers are, they're tweezers which have a inbuilt light to help you see the hairs you're plucking.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 15 February 2014
I'm in love with Philips epilators. I've been using them for almost 20 years (1 lasts me about 10 years and I use them extensively).
This time I decided to try something from the higher shelf, as I was always using the cheap basic Satinelle models.

Cons: I can't see any. Maybe only a lack of instructions. There are some mysteriously looking attachments in the bag and I've got no idea what they are for.

Pros:
- while you epilate the light inbuilt in the case is on - a great help: finally I don't have to turn at awkward angles towards the lamp ot window to see what I'm doing.
- cordless: finally I can do it where ever I want to, no need to stay close to the socket any more
- ergonomic shape: sits well in palm, feels good
- great tweezers with strong light

And a few more thoughts:
I was worried about the width of the epilating area: it is actually exactly the same as in case of cheap usual satinelle models, it's just an optical illusion giving impression, that it will be very narrow.
I was also told, that a fully charged epilator will work for up to 40 minutes. It might be the case for higher speed settings. I use it on lower speed and it lasts much longer.
The trimming attachement works fine. IT's waterproof (tested in the shower).
Shaver works ok. Does the job, but I still prefer razors. Maybe I'm just not used to this kind of shavers.
There are more things in the bag, but as I previously mentioned, I don't even know what they are for.

In a nutshell: a great but and I would recommend to anybody.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 July 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This epilation kit has everything you could need. The epilator works efficiently, tackling even short hair, and is one of the most painless ones I've used (and I've been epilating for over 10 years). The light is a brilliant innovation, especially for people like me with poor eyesight! I love that it can be used in the shower - no more towels covered in hair to launder. The normal shaving head is a wonderful addition as I've never been brave enough to epilate my underarms, so this addition is very useful. The eyebrow tweezers are a great bonus and they too have a light and also a mirror to ensure professional looking eyebrows. All of this packs away neatly into the supplied pouch. This is the perfect epilation kit.
on 2 February 2014
I did a lot of research before choosing my new epilator. I knew I wanted to stick with Phillips, having used a Satinelle epilator happily for approx. 7 years before the unit gave up. I read a lot of reviews before picking this satinperfect but I am very happy with it.

Pros:
Smooth, quick to use, picks up even short hair fast. My old epilator in the end took ages to get to grips with the hair and thus the process took ages.
The light is really useful for seeing where the hair is on the skin that might be missed otherwise.
The attachment for bikini line really makes sense and makes it easier to remove the hairs. My old one didn't have anything like this, and epilating there could be hit-and-miss. Am very impressed with this feature.
It glides over curves in the knees and underarms easily, so removing hairs there is not a problem either.

Cons:
The button could be better designed, building to the higher speed instead of having to press it twice to reach it.
(Minor - The bag it came with was a poor substitute for the case my previous model had.)

I haven't yet had cause to try it in the shower or bath so I can't comment on the wet/dry feature, but that isn't what I bought it for, and I struggled to find what I wanted without the wet/dry feature. It works brilliantly on my underarms too, and the shave lasts longer than my previous model. I noticed some reviews commented on the noise; I don't find it noisier than I would have expected.

I'm very happy with this and hope it lasts as long as its predecessor!
VINE VOICEon 23 July 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I gave this epilator to my other half to try out as I am not entirely sure how manly hair free legs are and so am reporting back on her findings.

First off I should probably say that she has used epilators in the past and is well aware of the upsides and downsides of such machines so can give a fairly balanced view.

The initial charge for the unit doesn't take long and it is easy to set up so you are ready to go. When we tried to turn it on initially we did think that perhaps we had a faulty model but it turns out you just have to press the on button really hard so be warned you don't need to be gentle with it!

The speed of the epilator is quite something, it whirs away making a lot of noise which is not so great if you are trying to be discreet but that said my partner found that this model was significantly less painful than others she has used so the noise was quickly forgiven. Perhaps the lack of pain was because the plates move faster but she really didn't hesitate for long after first contact. It should be noted here that she was using the epilator on her bikini area so a pretty sensitive place and it was not in any way pain free, but it was easily bearable. As it is so fast she was also able to work quickly herself meaning the whole event was over much more swiftly than she expected. The built in light is also extremely bright and useful - though if you are left handed as the OH is it can be a little tougher to position in the right place.

The different heads you are supplied with are easy to switch in and out of the socket which makes the unit easy to adjust for whatever your needs are. A minor niggle is the lack of WRITTEN instructions. There is a sort of mini booklet with pictures but not full instructions with writing. As usual once you get the hang of the pictures instructions they are ok, but the OH would have liked written ones to point her in the right direction at first.

Everything can be stored away in a handy little bag that comes with the kit which is great as it means you are not going to lose anything in the bathroom.

Overall this is an effective piece of kit which has some nice touches and is easy to operate. It does however come with a pretty hefty price tag hence my 4 stars as although it is good it is by no means perfect and as such I am not sure it merits a price tag this high.
VINE VOICEon 11 July 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
OK - so I got this out of the packaging, read through the instructions and charged it up. Then I took a deep breath, gritted my teeth and went for it!

Yes - I have used an epilator before and I am fully aware that you need to be a bit of a masochist to use one. Or at least that used to be the case. This one seems to have found a way to make the whole process bearable. I used the machine - according to the very clear instructions and diagrams - on both my legs and bikini line (which I thought was a very brave decision! But wanted to be thorough!) And I didn't cry! In all honesty, it really isn't that bad. If I said it was totally painless I would be fibbing but it wasn't awful (unlike in the early days of epilation)

The benefits of this machine are:

A really bright light that lets you see the hair you are trying to get
A variety of guards so that you can make the process as painless as possible
Cordless Wet and Dry so you can use it in the bath and it works equally well in either mode

The negatives ( in my opinion) are limited to one thing - there is a razor/shaver head that comes with this machine. I found it a bit pointless. WHY Philips?? If you want a razor - you'd get a razor!

On top of the epilator with all its benefits, there is also a pair of precision tweezers in this pack that have a very bright light. It is a really nice addition as you can get an all over hair removal - as it clearly states on the instructions not to use the epilator above the neck! (would anyone really do that?!?) so the tweezers can be use on eyebrows or anywhere else you may want to use them.

I would certainly recommend this Epilator even if you have tried them before and found them too painful to use.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Got this Philips HP6582/00 Epilator for my partner and this review is based on her comments.

On first few uses the results showed only a few hairs were left and these were easily removed at a second attempt.
As my partner explained you have to hold the epilator in a certain way to keep the unit in contact with your skin. A well-illustrated quick-start guide shows how to do this, but it can be hard to do, it took a bit of getting used to, especially if you're new to epilating and when doing the back of the legs. My partner found that most hairs were removed when using light pressure and moderate speed (as instructed). There are variable speed settings for `bony areas' or those with little hair (such as ankles) and another for larger, hairier areas.

The epilator comes with a storage pouch; there is a small cleaning brush to help dislodge loose hairs from the epilation discs. A Specifically adapted cap for use over more sensitive skin, so that the epilation can be used in delicate parts, there also skin tweezers, integrated light and mirror, for use with eyebrows. The unit is cordless with a rechargeable battery. Recharging the unit can be tricky, as mentioned by other reviewers. My partner's final thoughts on Philips Epilator were that only repeat use over a longer time frame, would determine whether this method of hair removal was preferable to waxing, hence her four star rating.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Smooth legs without nicks or pain is a holy grail for me. The Phillips epilator seeks to provide just that.

The item comes with a variety of head attachments to pluck and shave the hairs off your body. Phillips even include a pair if tweezers to remove stubborn little hairs.

The epilatior can be used wet or dry and I found it more comfortable in the bath. It did hurt a but to use but it was no way bad as waxing. That hurts like billyo.

My one quibble is that the charging cable kept falling out of the epilator. It was tricky to get the darn thing charged. That is the only quibble.

DItch the wax and try the epilator.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Philips have produced another winner with this top of the range unit. Must confess that my wife tested it (sorry, my dedication to the cause has some limits!) and,save for the occasional wince , declared that this was the most efficient u it that she has used to date.

Capable of being used dry or wet, this rechargeable unit charges quickly and comes with accessories that my wife thinks were nice but not essential. What she really liked was the pair of tweezers with s built in torch! Innovative thinking by Philips.

Supplied with a carry pouch, this compact little unit has no significant drawbacks.

Easy to recommend
VINE VOICEon 14 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I actually really love using an epilator, as they produce long lasting results and can be used on any coloured hair. Now, that might sound like an odd thing to say, but anyone who has used/considered using one of the light hair removal systems will know that they only work on darker hairs. That was fab for my lower legs, where the whiter than white skin versus dark hair made for a perfect hair removal system. Sadly, the hair on my knees and thighs is very light and fine. This meant that whilst the wonders of modern technology means I could use light pulse technology on the lower half of my leg, I had to still shave or epilate the upper part!

I have previously used several epilators; all of which have been from Philips. They have all worked well, but have brought a few tears to the eyes... no pain, no gain, right? Well now you don't have to have the pain to go hair-free. They actually have cracked it with this model!

I used this epilator on my legs, bikini line, and armpits. And I didn't have to keep turning it off to have a breather, or because of oevrheating - a problem with one of the previous models. I honestly did not find it even slightly eye watering! This is undoubtedly due to the guards that you can use to protect certain sensitive areas.

What I really liked about this epilator is the fact that you can use it in the shower. I have never used one in the shower before, being as they would probably have given me a bit of a shock! This freedom is something I would now actively look for in any future models.

The epilator did a really great job, and the hair regrowth was quite slow. Brilliant if you can time it to use just before your holiday! Also great for all of us who have far better things to do than spend time de-fluffing!

I cannot find anything to criticise about this epilator set. It really seems to hold a solution to all your hair removal needs, and in such an easy and painless way.

The set also contains precision tweezers, which are for use on facial hair removal. They have a very bright light attached, and this allows you to catch any stray eyebrow hairs with ease.

Overall, I highly recommend this product. It does a fantastic job, and with very little effort on your part.

See one answered question