on 25 February 2014
This is a great item, nice bright LEDs with an effective snsor.
It looks quite expensive when in operation.

Sone tips:
1) i recommend buying two.
They look really good on opposing walls of a cupboard or in a line vertically.

2) the adhesive pads are ok but as things get banged around in a cupboard I recommend using some more effective ones. Wilkinsons sell No More Nails adhesive pads that are exactly the right size.

3) when fitting it, if you choose, as I have, to place it on a wall rather than a ceiling, make sure you fit it so the cover is slid off by pushing up not down. This will stop anyone knocking the unit and the cover coming off and batteries falling out.

4) you need to buy 5 x AAA batteries, as they are not imcluded.

Thats it!
11 comment113 of 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 December 2014
Amazing for dark wardrobes! It's bright but works well. The light goes where it's needed. Seen someone else posted a picture of it in their kitchen area. Here's what it looks like on and off. Hope it helps you all.
review image review image review image
0Comment78 of 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 July 2014
I have been the owner of a rather resplendent American made Bathroom Cabinet for the last two decades here in our house in Spain. Some two years ago, however, the Rocker Switch which operated a double Light fitting in its own housing in the cabinet, literally fell to pieces in my hand.

I was unable to find any suitable switching to take the place of the original Rocker, so for the last two years, not wishing to throw this wonderful cabinet onto the scrap heap, I have been on a mission looking for an alternative solution. At long last, I have found it in the shape of the Auraglow Wireless PIR motion Sensor Super Bright 6 LED Battery Powered Unit.

It does the job superbly, with enough illumination to shave by and/or to perform other facial functions and if anything, enhances the looks, both lit and unlit, to the cabinet.
I fitted two units horizontally, i.e the full width of the cabinet and attempted to fix them to the original Light Housing. However,not being able to screw into this Housing, I found that on their own, the adhesive tabs that come supplied, were somewhat lightweight to support the 5 AAA battery holder.

I then Improvised by using adhesive backed Velcro, instead of the adhesive tabs supplied and both units are now firmly in place.

I cannot fault the product itself at all. The units work perfectly in situ. The illumination from the two units, in a darkened Bathroom, is quite sufficient to navigate by and identify bathroom fittings etc without the need to turn the mains electric light switch on. (SIZE: 10.750" Long x .750" Dia.)

I have been impressed enough with this product, to order additional Units and have fitted them in the more usual places in the house(Cupboards, Wardrobes, etc etc)

However, even having the screws supplied as an alternative, if the Adhesive tabs had been more substantial and able to support the weight of the 5 AAA batteries better, my rating would have been Five Star.

UPDATE
Bathroom Cabinet with Auraglow Wireless PIR (15th July 2014)

I have now fitted two additional units underneath the Cabinet and the effect is quite stunning. When activated, the hidden LED lights give a downward light illuminating a Glass Shelf and the taps of the pedestal basin. The PIR activates the LEDs as soon as you put yours hands anywhere near the taps. The effect of this hidden illumination under the cabinet is very stylish and looks, dare I say, expensive.

Because I cannot use the Fixing screws of the Unit on this cabinet,I had another attempt to use the sticky tabs that come supplied and like before, the Auraglow Wireless PIR, loaded with 5 AAA batteries, became detached after two hours, because the sticky tabs were not substantial enough, in a horizontal plane, to hold the weight of the Auraglow Unit. Like before, I resorted to adhesive backed Velcro and like before, it has done the job.
on 3 November 2014
Fabulous product!!!! does the job. I wanted something for over my sink that was discrete and had no wires, its been there for about a month now and no sign of the batteries going yet. The PIR is very effective, it switches on as soon as we approach the sink. Would highly recommend.
review image
0Comment54 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 October 2014
Great little device - pop the 5 x AAA batteries in (not included) and attached it (stick it or screw it) whever you want. I've used two in my wardrobe and they work perfectly.

This doesn't affect me, but it's worth bearing in mind that there is no on/off switch; they are not daylight / night sensitive (in other words they will switch on at any time of day or night regardless of the ambient light level); and take note of the sensor instuctions stuck to the middle of the device, that the sensor needs to be pointing towards the direction of expected movement (in other words don't hide it away too much so it doesn't detect motion).

Other users for this: places where it's often dark and you can't always find the light switch (like a garage or shed - although probably not if it's too damp), at the back of large kitchen cupboards, under units on the landing / hall way, etc.

Glad I bought these - will buy more, and particularly easy as they came next day!
11 comment15 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 November 2013
Very pleased with this product. Placed inside a wardrobe which lights up when doors open. Simple stick on pads means it can be used anywhere!
on 18 October 2015
A great product. I have alternatives around the house, they do the job, however this is much brighter, solid and around the same price. This is in use in our upstairs toilet for the little ones during the night. As soon as they walk into the room it lights the room well enough for them to see what they are doing without having to turn on the main light. Most pull bathroom lights are too loud and bright in the early hours of the morning and this is just perfect for us.

Its a well made light, taking 5 aaa batteries. The back cover easily slides off to the right allowing you to add or remove the batteries. The back cover comes with 3 convenient fixing strips for you to attach to a surface.

All round a great product and plan to purchase more.
on 30 April 2015
A dreadful item. Very poor quality. You couldn't have the batteries in and use screws to fit it, as the back case was too tight. Therefore, I had to use the sticker pads which are supplied. The item lasted for about 36 hours before falling off the wall. The back plastic lugs broke off.

The illumination itself was Ok, and the actual PIR aspect worked very well.

But what's the point when you can't use the item as intended????

Amazon were fantastic however, as I got a full refund after sending the item back thru the free click and collect, or rather click and return this time!

Really disappointed.
on 3 September 2014
We've some poorly placed lighting in our Kitchen that makes seeing inside cupboards a bit tricky. Bought 2 of these to stick up inside the cupboards, when you open the doors they come on and we can now actually see the contents. The light is bright enough to illuminate a cupboard or pantry. Light colour is a cool crisp blue.

A little expensive for what you actually receive which is a cheap plastic device with 6 LED's and a movement sensor, comes supplied with sticky pads on the back so you can attach it easily (I attached one inside a cupboard and the other to a painted wall, neither have come unstuck) Having said that it does just the job.
review image review image
on 7 August 2015
Ordered 4 units to use in 2 cupboards in the family home. The LED lights are bright for their size giving off a cool white light. If you were using it for a small drawer or a small cabinet it would be more than bright enough for the job as just one unit was enough to provide sufficient light for our large under stairs cupboard. Unfortunately 1 of the units seemed to arrive faulty and would not activate at all after fresh batteries were installed. I was refunded promptly and overall the returns process was very straight forward. If you team these lights with some decent AAA batteries (lithium Ion for example) you should get plenty of usage before needing to change the batteries which saves you money in the log run. The added bonus is that I now don't need to worry about having wired lamps and bulbs in the cupboards anymore as they were a dawdle to install with the sticky backed tape and screws provided.
review image