4.3 out of 5 stars1,025

on 25 February 2014
This is a great item, nice bright LEDs with an effective snsor.
It looks quite expensive when in operation.

Sone tips:
1) i recommend buying two.
They look really good on opposing walls of a cupboard or in a line vertically.

2) the adhesive pads are ok but as things get banged around in a cupboard I recommend using some more effective ones. Wilkinsons sell No More Nails adhesive pads that are exactly the right size.

3) when fitting it, if you choose, as I have, to place it on a wall rather than a ceiling, make sure you fit it so the cover is slid off by pushing up not down. This will stop anyone knocking the unit and the cover coming off and batteries falling out.

4) you need to buy 5 x AAA batteries, as they are not imcluded.

Thats it!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 September 2015
I have always found that the kitchen sink which has cupboards above it, was always dark. Due to no plug sockets etc. nearby, I have never been able to have under cupboard lighting and didn't want to do making holes in my cupboard for wiring etc.

I came across these lights when searching amazon. The seller Safield Dist. Ltd is someone I have purchased LED lights from in the past, so knew the quality of the product would be good, but no idea how much light etc. these LED lights would give out.

I jumped in and made a purchase. The lights arrived within couple days of my purchase. Simple, sleek design. Upon inserting the batteries I noticed how bright the LED's are. Unlike other items of similar nature, these LED lights are bright and clear, with a clean daylight light.

I PIR on the lights are great. The lights turn on when motion is detected and turn off after 20 seconds. I have placed these lights under my cupboard, above my sink and I now have light over my sink which I did not in the past. The sensors are very good. I noticed due to the way I positioned the lights, the PIR detects motion when I walk past, so the light turns on, but I am not too fussed with that.

Fixing the light to the cupboard, they come with sticky pads, but because of the location of the lights, I didn’t want the light to fall off due to moisture (being above a sink) so I also applied No More Nails adhesive when fixing to the cupboard.

I have had these lights fixed for couple weeks and have to say, they are so much more than expected. This has really finished off my kitchen and as write this review I purchased another set of 4 lights. The battery has been going for couple weeks, and no sign of draining just yet. I have my lights in a place when they are constantly turned on, at least 30-40 times a day, maybe more and the light coming out of these are just as bright. I’ve had many people tell me how good the lights looks and want to know where I got them from. They do not believe when I tell them that they are battery operated. I have attached some pictures.
review image review image review image
on 1 July 2014
I have been the owner of a rather resplendent American made Bathroom Cabinet for the last two decades here in our house in Spain. Some two years ago, however, the Rocker Switch which operated a double Light fitting in its own housing in the cabinet, literally fell to pieces in my hand.

I was unable to find any suitable switching to take the place of the original Rocker, so for the last two years, not wishing to throw this wonderful cabinet onto the scrap heap, I have been on a mission looking for an alternative solution. At long last, I have found it in the shape of the Auraglow Wireless PIR motion Sensor Super Bright 6 LED Battery Powered Unit.

It does the job superbly, with enough illumination to shave by and/or to perform other facial functions and if anything, enhances the looks, both lit and unlit, to the cabinet.
I fitted two units horizontally, i.e the full width of the cabinet and attempted to fix them to the original Light Housing. However,not being able to screw into this Housing, I found that on their own, the adhesive tabs that come supplied, were somewhat lightweight to support the 5 AAA battery holder.

I then Improvised by using adhesive backed Velcro, instead of the adhesive tabs supplied and both units are now firmly in place.

I cannot fault the product itself at all. The units work perfectly in situ. The illumination from the two units, in a darkened Bathroom, is quite sufficient to navigate by and identify bathroom fittings etc without the need to turn the mains electric light switch on. (SIZE: 10.750" Long x .750" Dia.)

I have been impressed enough with this product, to order additional Units and have fitted them in the more usual places in the house(Cupboards, Wardrobes, etc etc)

However, even having the screws supplied as an alternative, if the Adhesive tabs had been more substantial and able to support the weight of the 5 AAA batteries better, my rating would have been Five Star.

Bathroom Cabinet with Auraglow Wireless PIR (15th July 2014)

I have now fitted two additional units underneath the Cabinet and the effect is quite stunning. When activated, the hidden LED lights give a downward light illuminating a Glass Shelf and the taps of the pedestal basin. The PIR activates the LEDs as soon as you put yours hands anywhere near the taps. The effect of this hidden illumination under the cabinet is very stylish and looks, dare I say, expensive.

Because I cannot use the Fixing screws of the Unit on this cabinet,I had another attempt to use the sticky tabs that come supplied and like before, the Auraglow Wireless PIR, loaded with 5 AAA batteries, became detached after two hours, because the sticky tabs were not substantial enough, in a horizontal plane, to hold the weight of the Auraglow Unit. Like before, I resorted to adhesive backed Velcro and like before, it has done the job.
on 9 December 2014
Amazing for dark wardrobes! It's bright but works well. The light goes where it's needed. Seen someone else posted a picture of it in their kitchen area. Here's what it looks like on and off. Hope it helps you all.
review image review image review image
on 3 November 2014
Fabulous product!!!! does the job. I wanted something for over my sink that was discrete and had no wires, its been there for about a month now and no sign of the batteries going yet. The PIR is very effective, it switches on as soon as we approach the sink. Would highly recommend.
review image
on 12 October 2014
Great little device - pop the 5 x AAA batteries in (not included) and attached it (stick it or screw it) whever you want. I've used two in my wardrobe and they work perfectly.

This doesn't affect me, but it's worth bearing in mind that there is no on/off switch; they are not daylight / night sensitive (in other words they will switch on at any time of day or night regardless of the ambient light level); and take note of the sensor instuctions stuck to the middle of the device, that the sensor needs to be pointing towards the direction of expected movement (in other words don't hide it away too much so it doesn't detect motion).

Other users for this: places where it's often dark and you can't always find the light switch (like a garage or shed - although probably not if it's too damp), at the back of large kitchen cupboards, under units on the landing / hall way, etc.

Glad I bought these - will buy more, and particularly easy as they came next day!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 November 2013
Very pleased with this product. Placed inside a wardrobe which lights up when doors open. Simple stick on pads means it can be used anywhere!
on 18 September 2015
I bought 2x 4 packs (so 8 in total), I've only got around to using testing 7 as I ran out of batteries (5x AAA each).

Of the 7 I've used, one would only illuminate 2 LEDs.

Of the remaining 6, using the adhesive tabs supplied, 1 fell off of my kitchen cupboard kick strips 3 times in the first 5 minutes, 4 of the remaining 5 fell off repeatedly in the first 45 minutes, good 'ole Number Six lasted well over an hour before succumbing to gravity.

I've replaced all of the adhesive tabs with a far better adhesive strip, and fingers crossed, no further fatalities after nearly a week now :-)

Overall, they're OK for the money, but it's a shame that they don't have a daylight sensor, I fear that I'll need to have AAA's on continuous order...
on 18 October 2015
A great product. I have alternatives around the house, they do the job, however this is much brighter, solid and around the same price. This is in use in our upstairs toilet for the little ones during the night. As soon as they walk into the room it lights the room well enough for them to see what they are doing without having to turn on the main light. Most pull bathroom lights are too loud and bright in the early hours of the morning and this is just perfect for us.

Its a well made light, taking 5 aaa batteries. The back cover easily slides off to the right allowing you to add or remove the batteries. The back cover comes with 3 convenient fixing strips for you to attach to a surface.

All round a great product and plan to purchase more.
on 3 September 2014
We've some poorly placed lighting in our Kitchen that makes seeing inside cupboards a bit tricky. Bought 2 of these to stick up inside the cupboards, when you open the doors they come on and we can now actually see the contents. The light is bright enough to illuminate a cupboard or pantry. Light colour is a cool crisp blue.

A little expensive for what you actually receive which is a cheap plastic device with 6 LED's and a movement sensor, comes supplied with sticky pads on the back so you can attach it easily (I attached one inside a cupboard and the other to a painted wall, neither have come unstuck) Having said that it does just the job.
review image review image