Platform: Xbox 360|Change

on 4 January 2015
This needs Xbox gold live account to work. This is not made clear and adds least £40.00 per year to the cost. Completely misleading and unclear advertising Amazon.
on 7 August 2014
My son does like this game (age8) but I was a little shocked to find out that you can only play if your on xbox live! ! I bought for his birthday and since have joined xbox live, I do think it's ridiculous to make a game that won't play on it's own.
33 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 January 2015
My son hasn't been able to play this game as it needs Xbox gold live. There's a small box on the bottom of the game that says it not big enough for people to see
on 13 September 2015
Gutted - my son cannot play this and he is devastated (understatement) I think it should be made more clear that you need Xbox Gold to play and not just as a ps as the end of the description! When a child tells you they want a particular game you do your best to get it for them, they are so excited to receive and then as a parent you have to try and explain why they cant play it! Livid too!
on 14 January 2015
WARNING TO ALL PARENTS!!! DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Firstly you have to buy an Xbox live account in order to play this game which will cost you £6 a month, secondly if you have a basic xbox 360 you will need almost HALF THE ENTIRE STORAGE SPACE just to play this game which meant my 10 year old had to spend many hours deleting everything else off his console, thirdly you cannot play this in multi player mode unless you have another xbox live account and a whole other disc you can put in a second console! And FOURTHLY £200 came out of my bank account after my son brought endless amounts of gold coins/stickers because it is NOT MADE CLEAR this is brought using real money! and you can't play the game without storing your payment details! Absolutely furious! Wish I had never ever bothered! DO NOT BUY! Amazon should have a NO STAR OPTION
on 24 March 2014
My grandson thinks this is excellent, once we had got past the hassle of signing on to the right account to play!
on 12 July 2014
Plants versus Zombies (or pvz) is a hooking game with not too much violence in it, but enough to make a child happy. If you do buy this game, you need connection to the internet, and more importantly, xbox live.
on 8 April 2014
A truly exciting game for my 9 Year-Old Son who says it's 'AWESOME!' He has already xbox live and loves to play other players and compete against them or team up with them. Although I think you should supervise children whilst online, just to be extra safe! He spends quite a lot of time playing it and loves to interact with children in the garden warfare! He has had some good laughs whilst playing it. It is a stimulating game and so much fun to play because you can be so many different characters and each character can peform different powers!
on 8 September 2014
Not only is this an Xbox live game only, which, fortunately was ok for my 10 year old's birthday present as we had paid for a one year live account, (if you shop around on the internet you can get it cheaper than £35, with a voucher code) but even still my other younger son was hoping to play the game with his brother, as the game was his gift to him, well, the tears were unbearable when my youngest realised he couldn't join in, even if we got him a Live account too, which is not gonna happen, he's 6 and way too young to be playing with teenagers & adults squashing him in 10 seconds flat & crushing his confidence. Badly thought out, my sons are huge fans of PvZ but this and Xbox, and Xbox live have really annoyed me and a lot of parents, making it split screen for home use on Xbox One and not Xbox 360 is a huge mistake for a perfect game for 7+ age group. Never complain on Amazon & buy so much on here but felt other parents must be warned.
22 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 January 2016
I think that this game is a total rip off from Microsoft for the Xbox! Nothing to do with Amazon in fact I had my usual excellent service.
The thing that has really made me mad is the fact that I bought this game for my son for his birthday (as this is what he really wanted) and when he unwrapped it his eyes totally lit up expecting to play the game but could not.
Well I just can not believe that when he tried playing it you have to have an Xbox Gold account! Which would then cost 30+ pounds!! to be able to play it?? What is this all about? I have never had this problem before with any other games that I have purchased!
Yes I could have paid the money and bought the Gold account (which I nearly did) but out of pure principle that I was being forced into doing this I just could not. I also read other reviews and lots of people were saying the same thing and I totally agree with some of the other parents who do not want their young children playing online with teenagers that would just thrash them in minutes and make the game a waste of time.