Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 November 2013
I'm a miserable git when it comes to music sometimes...... However....this is a refreshing piece of musical artwork with some surprising 80's undertones that remind me of Go West, Simple Minds with a twist of grunge and nostalgic 'i'm 16 again cheese'...... Not my favorite album ever but still.......some nice melodies and a handful of tunes that you 'll want to listen to again and again. Not 1975 but more 1985......!!
on 30 December 2014
I am a huge fan of The 1975. I had to purchase this on vinyl.
It is an amazing record and I listen to it daily.
The vinyl itself is a wonderful 'clear' vinyl which is amazing.
My favourite songs on this album are definitely She Way Out and Menswear. I also love how beautiful Is There Somebody Who Can Watch You is.
on 30 December 2013
Absolutely brilliant - love Chocolate which is why I bought the album. Fantastic tracks on there The City, M.O.N.E.Y., Heart Out, Settle Down - Particularly Great. Brilliant album, can't stop playing it!
on 15 October 2013
I'm not usually a massive fan of alternative rock (dont shoot me if this isn't the correct genre) but after hearing The City, Chocolate, and Sex i gave them a more intensive listen on Youtube. After i heard Menswear half way through i decided i needed this album, i didnt even listen further at that point i just ordered it and downloaded the MP3 versions of all the songs and gave them a proper HD listen on my computer. Amazing album, the lead singer has an amazing voice.

Take the punt and get this, so many good songs which i know will slowly filter into my most played playlist, like im sure 90% of other listeners will be thinking. Some great meanings and lyrics in here too, this isn't just catchy alternative music, this is good meaningful stuff if you decide to listen with a careful ear. A nice change, get it.
on 27 March 2014
The singles hook you in and then the whole album builds into a catchy, enjoyable and excellent piece of work.
80s all over this but also something new.
Will be playing this for a few years. Top stuff.
Oh and Menswear is a genius track!!!

WARNING: After a few listens it is addictive and you will be hooked!
on 15 March 2016
This band is getting bigger now, after just releasing their second album but this first album is just as good! Lots of great songs, an alternative/indie band, so not everyone's taste but have had a fair few hit songs now. Glad I have this album in my collection now!!
on 25 July 2016
I am a relative newcomer to The 1975 having discovered them recently after seeing their live performances (on TV) from Glastonbury and T-in the Park and am now a huge fan. I have listened to this album non-stop. Favourite tracks include The City and Robbers. Good mix of some good atmospheric tracks. Have since purchased their second album and tickets to see them on tour in Newcastle in December.
on 12 February 2014
I bought this CD for my boyfriend for Christmas and he absolutely loves it. I (quite terribly!) had never heard of The 1975 before buying him the CD, at his request, but have definitely become a fan since!

The CD was received in good time and in good condition.
on 28 January 2014
Chocolate, Sex and Girls were all the hits i knew on this album as they've gotten loads of radio play. There's some other good songs here too though, incl. Menswear, City, Heart Out and Settle Down. Recommend for any fan of Feeder, the 1975 have a similar vibe
on 17 January 2014
Bought this album not really knowing much of The 1975's music, only their hits. I have to admit, their singles are the more upbeat tracks, and quite a lot of the other songs on this album are slower, more.. atmospheric..?
Definitely not a bad thing that the rest of them are a bit slower; I think it is an absolutely amazing album.
Would definitely recommend :)