Shop now Shop Now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Colour: BlackChange

on 16 March 2014
My 3 year old loves his new 'big' car seat which we bought after researching the safest car seats with isofix points. The seat was very easy to fit and my son says its very comfortable. It is easy for me to lean over and do up / undo the seatbelt and the seat is low enough my son can climb in and out himself without any issues. It was reasonably priced, particularly since it will last him such a long time. All in all, a great car seat.
on 15 October 2014
RECARO Monza Nova 2 with Seatfix. Great car seat. The Seatfix attaches well to cars with Isofix and the seat is secure. Easy to fit in the car and it is not too bulky. Kids are very comfortable especially the head and neck. Quite easy to clean and the speakers are a plus. Average price for this category.
on 30 September 2015
We upgraded from a Britax Trifix (also a great seat) to this when our son got to the right age. He loves it.

First of all it is very easy to fit. We'd had a bit of a struggle to get the previous Britax seat to click into place, but this one is very quick and easy.
Because of the Isofix connection it feels very secure and doesn't wobble around like belt-fixed seats can. The car seat belt fits with no problem and is comfortable and well positioned.

The seat looks good too and from our travels so far it seems to be comfortable, even on the longer journeys.

The finishing touch is the speakers in the headrest, so your child can listen to music or have the sound from a movie they are watching and not have to share it with the rest of the occupants of the car. This can certainly be a bonus if certain kids movies or songs start to bother you when on repeat ;)

We've compared with seats that friends have and really think we ended up with the best option.
on 11 September 2015
ENGLISH INSTRUCTIONS ARE UNDERNEATH THE SEAT BASE!! Thought I'd get that bit in first, after reading numerous reviews about their 'absence' ;)

We bought one of these seats recently from Amazon, as our twin boy was reaching the upper limit of his stage 2 seat (18kg). I have to say that I have always bought Britax in the past and have been very happy to entrust our childrens safety to them. However, this time I wasn't bowled over by the choice of Stage 2-3 seats in the Britax range. So with a great amount of hesitation, mainly due to worrying about the authenticity of the seat after reading about the lack of english instructions, I purchased this Recaro offering. I am DELIGHTED! My little boy thinks he's the bee's knees in it, it's super comfortable, the ability to in/de-flate the headrest is inspired. We aren't going to use the speaker, although we probably should and give our poor ears in the front a break from the Frozen Soundtrack, though I am sure it all works perfectly. The installation was the easiest yet, it's lighter than his old Britax Duo Plus and it looks as though the seat cover will remove faaaaar easier for washing, too. All in all a fabulous seat and I'm certain it will last for years to come. Now his twin sister is extremely unhappy, so we've had to buy one for her too haha. I had worried that at 16.6kg, she may be a little small yet to put into this larger and more 'grown-up' seat, but actually she sits in it (when her brother let's her) fine and the seatbelt lies comfortably across her shoulder. Don't hesitate if you are considering this seat, we looked around A LOT, and this was by far the best seat in this price range. It may even be a better offering than some of the pricier models! 5*
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Which? Best Buy, has side impact protection and Seatfix model fits easily in non-seatfix car (2002 Ford Focus). It has also passed ADAC testing. We got the seatfix model even though we don't have isofix points, for when we upgrade the car and the seatfix fittings just sit neatly against the rear seat when fully retracted without causing any installation issues. Initially we had ordered the Britax Kidfix SL Sict which is also a Which? recommended Best Buy with side impact protection, but scores a few percent more with Which? However when it came, the current version is not exactly the same as the one reviewed by Which. I am sure it is a very safe car seat, but we chose this one instead as it was preferred by our little boy and is slightly more comfortable. Initially we thought the Britax was a bit low on padding, especially in the side wing areas, hence ordering this one. In fact both of them are low on padding in the side wings so I assume there is a safety and design reason for this. But by the time we had ordered the Recaro we decided we preferred it. The Recaro website explains that the speakers are set to a restricted decibel level to protect childrens' hearing. The level is loud enough for the child to hear in the seat while not disturbing the driver. This seems sensible to me - the speakers aren't there to broadcast to the whole car, just to the passenger in the child seat. We read up about buckle crunch and thankfully this was not an issue when fitting the seat into our car. I would highly recommend getting this or the Britax for your child. We had a booster seat that had a removable back and as our little boy is now 4'2" we thought he maybe didn't need the back of the seat any more, just the booster cushion, so took it off. I then went to check how long they needed to be in the booster seat and came across the information from Which? that booster seats without backs offer no protection to a child in an accident (just watch the video!). So we put the back back on and I then checked our existing Graco booster seat with Which? and found it was in the 'don't buy' category. Hence we decided to get a new, safer one with built-in side impact protection.

Both this and the Britax Kidfix have their pros and cons. I would happily use either. The pros for the Britax are, it takes up a bit less space as the side impact protection is something you fix on one side of the seat or the other (the car door side) whereas the Recaro has it built into both sides. The Britax seems very slick and easy to fit, move about and seems well-designed and manufactured and easy to put the seat belt on and off. On the other hand it doesn't really have arm-rests - just partial ones that aren't actually arm-rests. Whereas the Recaro padded arm-rests offer hip protection in an accident. But then I think the seat belt is easier to fasten on properly with the Britax. With the Recaro we have found we can fasten the seatbelt satisfactorily (both parts go under the arm-rest), but once it is fastened it is not easy to adjust so you need to get it right first time. Because the seat of the Recaro sits quite high it clears our seat belt fixer very easily so no problem with Buckle Crunch (this is where the fixing in your car presses up against the side of the child seat making the seatbelt fixing unsafe). The Britax is a slimmer fit - the Recaro felt a better size for our tall 7 year-old boy, but I can imagine the Britax might hold a child in the seat more firmly with it's narrower back and slightly bigger side wings - but it has no hip protection. As both models have excellent ratings for side impact protection by Which? whose tests are more stringent than standard testing apparently, we decided it just came down to seat preference in the end and I would happily have bought either of them. It's all very difficult making these decisions though. We want the safest seat and don't know which of them is best so are just trusting the Which? ratings. The inbuilt speakers and design of the Recaro might seem a bit of a gimmick but there is some real sense in designing a seat that keeps a child sitting in it happily - with music options and a cool styling - and that helps with safety in itself.
on 10 April 2014
Brilliant car seat, the boy loves it, safe and sold, easy to install and easy to take out. Also not very heavy unlike other car seats!
on 12 February 2014
I had a recaro monza for my eldest daughter and I was so happy I bought the nova 2 for the youngest. Not disappointed at all.
on 8 August 2014
Great seat, my son loves it. The speakers in the headrest are an added bonus and not too loud.
on 31 January 2014
I chose this product because of the good reviews I have read about it's safety.
I like it because is well made,very nice quality of textures.
I would definatelly recommend it.!
on 18 July 2015
Bought this car seat as it had great reviews, and was only one of a handful in this price range with isofix.
However, after installing it for a long journey, it became quickly apparent that it has more than a couple of serious failings.
Two small flaws - the material is a dirt magnet, already looking worse after one day than the old car seat did after a year. The speakers are next to useless, especially when combined with a device which is already noise limited.
The big flaw - the seat does not recline at all, and the head rest is not adjustable in any meaningful way (it pumps up/deflates, but still remains in the same place). As such, as soon as my little one falls asleep, she slumps forwards. Without a five point harness, this means that her head and torso slump forwards, out of the side protection zone, and into a dangerous position. If the seat didn't look such a mess after a week of outings, I would probably return it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse