Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Learn More Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Colour: BlackChange

on 15 October 2014
RECARO Monza Nova 2 with Seatfix. Great car seat. The Seatfix attaches well to cars with Isofix and the seat is secure. Easy to fit in the car and it is not too bulky. Kids are very comfortable especially the head and neck. Quite easy to clean and the speakers are a plus. Average price for this category.
on 16 March 2014
My 3 year old loves his new 'big' car seat which we bought after researching the safest car seats with isofix points. The seat was very easy to fit and my son says its very comfortable. It is easy for me to lean over and do up / undo the seatbelt and the seat is low enough my son can climb in and out himself without any issues. It was reasonably priced, particularly since it will last him such a long time. All in all, a great car seat.
Which? Best Buy, has side impact protection and Seatfix model fits easily in non-seatfix car (2002 Ford Focus). It has also passed ADAC testing. We got the seatfix model even though we don't have isofix points, for when we upgrade the car and the seatfix fittings just sit neatly against the rear seat when fully retracted without causing any installation issues. Initially we had ordered the Britax Kidfix SL Sict which is also a Which? recommended Best Buy with side impact protection, but scores a few percent more with Which? However when it came, the current version is not exactly the same as the one reviewed by Which. I am sure it is a very safe car seat, but we chose this one instead as it was preferred by our little boy and is slightly more comfortable. Initially we thought the Britax was a bit low on padding, especially in the side wing areas, hence ordering this one. In fact both of them are low on padding in the side wings so I assume there is a safety and design reason for this. But by the time we had ordered the Recaro we decided we preferred it. The Recaro website explains that the speakers are set to a restricted decibel level to protect childrens' hearing. The level is loud enough for the child to hear in the seat while not disturbing the driver. This seems sensible to me - the speakers aren't there to broadcast to the whole car, just to the passenger in the child seat. We read up about buckle crunch and thankfully this was not an issue when fitting the seat into our car. I would highly recommend getting this or the Britax for your child. We had a booster seat that had a removable back and as our little boy is now 4'2" we thought he maybe didn't need the back of the seat any more, just the booster cushion, so took it off. I then went to check how long they needed to be in the booster seat and came across the information from Which? that booster seats without backs offer no protection to a child in an accident (just watch the video!). So we put the back back on and I then checked our existing Graco booster seat with Which? and found it was in the 'don't buy' category. Hence we decided to get a new, safer one with built-in side impact protection.

Both this and the Britax Kidfix have their pros and cons. I would happily use either. The pros for the Britax are, it takes up a bit less space as the side impact protection is something you fix on one side of the seat or the other (the car door side) whereas the Recaro has it built into both sides. The Britax seems very slick and easy to fit, move about and seems well-designed and manufactured and easy to put the seat belt on and off. On the other hand it doesn't really have arm-rests - just partial ones that aren't actually arm-rests. Whereas the Recaro padded arm-rests offer hip protection in an accident. But then I think the seat belt is easier to fasten on properly with the Britax. With the Recaro we have found we can fasten the seatbelt satisfactorily (both parts go under the arm-rest), but once it is fastened it is not easy to adjust so you need to get it right first time. Because the seat of the Recaro sits quite high it clears our seat belt fixer very easily so no problem with Buckle Crunch (this is where the fixing in your car presses up against the side of the child seat making the seatbelt fixing unsafe). The Britax is a slimmer fit - the Recaro felt a better size for our tall 7 year-old boy, but I can imagine the Britax might hold a child in the seat more firmly with it's narrower back and slightly bigger side wings - but it has no hip protection. As both models have excellent ratings for side impact protection by Which? whose tests are more stringent than standard testing apparently, we decided it just came down to seat preference in the end and I would happily have bought either of them. It's all very difficult making these decisions though. We want the safest seat and don't know which of them is best so are just trusting the Which? ratings. The inbuilt speakers and design of the Recaro might seem a bit of a gimmick but there is some real sense in designing a seat that keeps a child sitting in it happily - with music options and a cool styling - and that helps with safety in itself.
on 18 July 2015
Bought this car seat as it had great reviews, and was only one of a handful in this price range with isofix.
However, after installing it for a long journey, it became quickly apparent that it has more than a couple of serious failings.
Two small flaws - the material is a dirt magnet, already looking worse after one day than the old car seat did after a year. The speakers are next to useless, especially when combined with a device which is already noise limited.
The big flaw - the seat does not recline at all, and the head rest is not adjustable in any meaningful way (it pumps up/deflates, but still remains in the same place). As such, as soon as my little one falls asleep, she slumps forwards. Without a five point harness, this means that her head and torso slump forwards, out of the side protection zone, and into a dangerous position. If the seat didn't look such a mess after a week of outings, I would probably return it.
11 comment14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 March 2015
Great car seat but to be honest the audio attachment is a gimmick. The kids struggle to hear the audio properly because the speaker output is so low.
on 10 April 2014
Brilliant car seat, the boy loves it, safe and sold, easy to install and easy to take out. Also not very heavy unlike other car seats!
on 12 February 2014
I had a recaro monza for my eldest daughter and I was so happy I bought the nova 2 for the youngest. Not disappointed at all.
on 8 August 2014
Great seat, my son loves it. The speakers in the headrest are an added bonus and not too loud.
on 29 January 2016
Love love love this car seat! First our son had maxi cosy with isofix base then maxi cosy pear. These car seats were brilliant so wanted something that was the safest out there. After a lot of research I kept coming back to this one. So glad I did. My son is nearly 4 but is fine for his age so waited until he was the correct weight to change car seat. He loves this seat so grown up. Took 3 min to fix to car, no problems at all. It reclines perfectly, he sleeps no problem on long journeys and it is well padded. It is machine washable. I have washed it in a cold hand wash cycle and dried on the washing line and fitted back on again with ease. I know some people have commented that it's hard to get on gain once washed but mine was fine. Fast delivery, well packed and cheapest I could find around by £35. Well done Amazon, I'm a happy parent knowing my son is safe.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 October 2015
It's my second Recaro car seat as my child outgrew the first and I didn't expect nothing else but good quality and looks. Isofix option is a must for me and the speaker is loud enough, just needed a bit more sound quality, children won't notice though. Recommended.