on 25 May 2015
This is a really good product. Set-up is remarkably easy (just clip the two halves together - this bit does take some force! - and screw on the guard to the bottom), slide in the battery and off you go.

The battery and charger are both quite on the slim side but the battery will work in another other products you have and the charger will do the same. Initially I thought "blah blah, don't need a new battery and charger" but I was glad to get them included as the battery is a smaller 1.3Ah battery and makes for an easier (albeit shorter) job than my 1.8Ah battery. Although I can use both.

My old charger has been chucked away as it didn't charge Li-Ion batteries so this one will now do the job for both. It provides a lot of feedback on the status and condition of the battery and the charging cycle.

I was up and running (after a full charge of the battery, which took a few hours) and strimmed every area of my garden that was required.

The only gripe about this product is the switch from strim to trim - it takes quite a lot of force to rotate the product, so you're better off doing it after you've finished the job. Also I'm concerned that the product will split in the middle - the green bit of the plastic, where it pushes into the grey plastic, seems to be forcing it apart. We will see... I will be grateful for Amazon's no-quibble returns policy if it does!
on 13 October 2013
I bought it for my garden and since I already own the drill driver and the hedge trimmer it was a natural choice. The product arrived in time and it is powerful enough for my garden (about 5 meters * 15 meters). The only downside with these tools are the batteries, I totally recommend to have at least two to avoid downtime.
on 25 August 2015
Unlike every other cordless strimmer I have tried, this one has the oomph to actually do a job. It's easy to handle and the battery lasts long enough to get a good bit done.
on 27 July 2014
Works extremely well and reasonably priced
on 16 July 2015
This is a brilliant little machine. Very light in comparison to other trimmers. If you are into the Ryobi system a couple of batteries is all you need. My wife is delighted and does not have to struggle with my two stroke one.
on 11 March 2014
I really like this strimmer. The battery unit is light and has a good life on it.
It seemed a pretty good price and was delivered promptly.
on 3 September 2013
Very good - easy and comformtable to use. One slight problem - I find it difficult to swivel the head for edge cutting.
on 17 April 2015
Very good does the job . Battery life good
on 27 October 2015
excellent but handy we have spare Ryobi batteries form other equipment and buy extra line, maybe just a bit thicker.
on 14 September 2015
does the job but seems to be no auto feed which is an irritant