Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 31 August 2015
Firstly, I am a gamer who uses PS4 and PC, coming from and old acer VGA monitor and an old 24 inch 720p TV! I have had the monitor for around 2 months now, it is my first bought specifically for gaming so please continue reading to find out how I felt about it!

Delivery, First Impressions And Setup:
The monitor was delivered very quickly in 2 days and as soon as I opened it I knew that it was going to be of high quality. Everything from the box to the accessories was well made and felt expensive. The monitor came with a DVI cable and a VGA cable which surprised me a little bit actually, it also came with a nice two-part stand to mount the monitor on. The setup was extremely easy, all I had to do was click together the two-piece stand and slide it into the back of the monitor. The power cable (came with the monitor) was attached and I then added my PS4 and PC both via HDMI connections.

The First Experience With Gaming:
The very first thing I did was boot up Grand Theft Auto 5 on PS4 and jump straight into single player, WOW did I notice the difference coming from and old 24 inch 720p TV. Actions felt smoother and quicker and the picture quality was amazing! It was so much brighter and more vibrant than anything I had used before. The black eQualiser feature seems to work great, as I have noticed that colours look stunning. Dark scenes are just bright enough to give good visibility without being oversaturated and overexposed.

The Bad Things:
As far as I am concerned there is only one drawback to this monitor which is the speakers. As I consider myself a bit of an audiophile I noticed this immediately. When playing music it seems like it is playing through a pringles can! This could be a huge drawback for some people however, I did not buy the monitor for the sound nor will most other people.

-Stunning picture quality
-Well made and expensive feeling
-Easy setup
-Great response time
-Good entry level gaming monitor

My experience with this monitor is so good that I am infact planning to buy another one to create a dual monitor setup!
on 31 August 2014
I bought this monitor used, from Amazon because it was £50 off and only the packaging was damaged (It wasn't even damaged when it arrived) and so far I'm absolutely loving it, it's AMAZING in fact, probably one of the best I've had. Although I love it so much, there are a few things that need changing and some things you need to be weary about when buying this monitor.

I'll sort it out though pros and cons below.

- Amazingly sharp display
- Brilliant viewing angles
- Size is spot on, perfect for the gamer
- Monitor looks amazing, really like the red strips on the base.
- Monitor is relatively thin, this may be troublesome for some webcameras but overall makes the look brilliant.
- Buttons are really nice and the menu is perfect!

- Speakers are dreadful, get a decent speaker set or some headphones
- The default display setting (RTS 1) is dreadful for computers, change it to standard (or sRGB) if you're planning to use it for a PC

Even though these points may hinder your thought a little bit. It was by far one of the greatest monitors I've had and I would recommend to anyone without a second thought.
on 1 May 2015
Brilliant quality, extremely good detail. Perfect for fps shooters like Call of duty Advanced warfare and battlefield. Used it with my Xbox one and PS4 and all games look amazing!
review image
VINE VOICEon 21 February 2014
This is by far the best monitor I have ever had. My last one was a 2ms refresh rate 24", but Asus. The BenQ knocks it into a cocked hat. Not just by the 1ms refresh rate either. The whole thing from build quality to the menu system, refresh rate to the auto-lighten is just superb. Yes, this model automatically lightens the screen when you are "in a dark place", such as in a game, at night time. The detail is superb and even on an old game like CoD2 (my all time favourite) it really packs a punch.

There is nothing about this product that I do not like.

The performance is superb, the ratings and effects are stunning and the price is unbelievable - I paid under £150 for this "pro gaming monitor", so you will forgive my "e-shouting" when I say BRILLIANT !!! Six Stars!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 September 2015
I Wanted a good monitor for web browsing and ps3/4 gaming and my research led me into trying two cracking monitors from BenQ. this one: the RL2455HM and the EW2440L LED VA 24-inch Monitor (3000:1, 250 cd/m2, 1920 x 1080, 4 ms, 20M:1 VGA/HDMI/MHL)
The RL is actually Advertised as a "gaming" monitor, and it's really good, but I found that after much tinkering, the colours on this TN panel sadly couldn't compete with the similarly priced EW2440L LED VA panel.

I tried both and tinkered away with the settings until the cows came home, which was roughly a week later. Ultimately, the VA panel won on nearly all fronts and definitely looks the superior screen.
Yes, this set boasts 1ms response but I couldn't tell ANY difference between that and the 4ms on the EW / VA panel. This might be a factor when p.c. Gaming, but for PS3/4 or Xbox, it's not an issue.
Main differences / similarities I found between the two are:
Screen: The EW model has a much nicer looking ALMOST edge to edge display with a VERY slim bezel. This one has a chunkier look about it.
Connections: This has a DVI port plus 2 HDMI and includes a DVI cable. The EW has VGA, 1xHDMI and 1xHDMI /MHL for mobile phones, but no DVI. Included are the MHL and VGA cables. perhaps the RL wins this round?
Mountability: RL is wall mountable, and all input jacks face downwards on the rear. On the EW model, they point directly outwards at the back and there's no place to fit a bracket for wall mounting. Not an issue for me as it sits on a desk top, but could be a deal breaker for some.
Neither is height adjustable, but both tilt forwards and backwards a fair way.
Operational buttons: On the RL model they are located along the lower right hand SIDE edge of the screen. They're easy to spot and click when pressed.
On the EW, they're located along the lower right FRONT edge and are touch sensitive pads rather that buttons. i.e. They don't click when touched. They are hard to see when in dim light, but once you know where they are, you're hardly likely to forget.
Options / menus: Very similar actually. This one has several preset (adjustable) modes plus THREE 'gaming' modes. All of which you can Taylor to suit and save. The EW has the same numerous adjustable modes plus ONE extra 'user' mode. Again you can adjust and save all.
The EW has a series of low blue light options to reduce eye strain. However, this does detract from overall plushness of gaming images. Handy for web browsing and reading though. Both menus are pretty intuitive, up/down/select/back. Can't go wrong really.
Screen/ performance: However hard I tried, the colours simply are not as vibrant on the RL. The EW kicks its arse here. Blacks are darker too.
Speakers. They're both pretty poor. Useable? yes, but I'd strongly advise you get a set of speakers and plug them in the back.
Stand. Both nice looking, this one has a red strip and nice angled shape to set down and 'rest' your console controller on. The EW has a little centre flap that opens to sit your mobile phone in. (remember to check spec for phone compatibility)
Price: About 10 to 15 quid difference. Both excellent value at around £130 to £140.
Verdict: not much in it, but in my opinion its worth the extra for the excellent EW model.
on 29 March 2015
Just received this monitor for my new pc. It is fantastic for the price! The picture quality is great and is very sharp, blacks actually look black which is nice. Also the in built speakers are pretty good considering its from a monitor. Build quality is also very impressive. Haven't found a fault with it so far.
on 27 May 2014
Simply put, I really like this monitor. This is a great monitor delivering great value for your hard earned cash. This does feel like a monitor designed and optimized for gaming particularly RTS gaming on consoles. But I have found it is equally just as good for PC gaming enthusiasts such as me. I don't know how BenQ was able to make a gaming monitor at this price point. I've had mine for about 2 weeks now and I can only say I'm loving every moment I spend on my PC with it. I had to fidget around the settings quit abit to get to what I'd call my 'optimal' settings for picture clarity and colour balance for both gaming as well as normal PC use (movies, office functions etc etc) and these are my current settings:

Picture mode: Photo
Brightness: 100%
Contrast: 66%
Sharpness: 1
Black equalizer: 0 (sometimes 1)
Colour temp: Red- 90, Green- 87, Blue-91
AMA: High
Instant mode: On
Dynamic Contrast: 0
on 18 October 2015
I have had this monitor for a few decent months now and i have to say it is the best monitor I have ever Used. The colours are pristine and there are so many, any photo would look amazing. The 1080p is pure and crisp which is amazing also. I would of preferred touch buttons but it is not a big deal. The 1ms Delay give no shadowing to see with the Human eye and makes fast paced action games such as Call Of Duty and Battlefield look ever so much better. I like all of the video options you get with this and I would recommend using RTS1 if playing Games on console or PC

Screen Is beautiful with amazing quality
Colours are vagrant and beautiful
Vast variety of picture modes and video modes.
Bessel is really nice and perfect size. Not to big or too small
24" Was the perfect size for this monitor.
The base looks amazing with a Black/Marron table

Integrated Speakers are not very good, Use your own if you have any

Overall the best monitor that I have had the privilege to own!!
on 18 December 2014
I have a mid range gaming p.c but for the last 5 years used a non HD 19 inch monitor,i got this gaming monitor today and I must say,i am blown away,i did not realise what I was missing out on,the detail,colour,sharpness is fantastic,this is a quality monitor,high quality at a good price.
on 16 May 2015
Had this a couple of days now, with two inputs. An Xbox One (HDMI) and a Mac Book Pro (via thunderbold->DVI adapter).

It's bright, even, highly responsive, has a nice OSD with 3 hot-buttons for common features.

There are reviews for this panel elsewhere and I've found it lives up to the expectations gained from those.

Default setting is RTS1 but as I used it initially for normal computer work, I set it to sRGB. I've been playing Forza5 and Project CARS on Xbox One with that mode too and it's fine.

Bad points? I'd like to have had the headphone socket on the front. And perhaps dedicated volume buttons.