4.1 out of 5 stars1,625
Style Name: Samsung Galaxy S4Colour Name: LimeChange

on 20 August 2013
Having received one of these fake cases, I contacted Amazon to request a full refund. They asked me to explain why I believed the case to be counterfeit. I believe my observation may be helpful to other buyers trying asses the legitimacy of their purchase, so I am providing a copy of my response to Amazon below.

-----

I believe this to a counterfeit product for the following reasons:

1. I have the black version of the case already and this orange case is of much lower quality.
2. The cardboard packaging is off-white in colour and is printed poorly - like from a low quality scan.
3. The tabs holding the cardboard packaging closed appear to be sellotape, not the round sticky tabs one would expect.
4. the plastic bag holding the cardboard paging is badly sellotaped closed.
5. The moulded plastic tray holding the product within the cardboard packaging is badly crumpled and too large for the packaging.
6. The case itself contains a badly cut piece of polystyrene. The real product contains a piece roughly the same dimensionless of the actual phone.
7. The front of the case has an inconsistent criss-cross pattern, not the horizontal brushed effect on the advertised product or the real case.
8. The case is of poor fit and does not close properly when attached to the phone.
9. The speaker hole doesn't line up with the phone speaker and is poorly cut-out.
10. The window has a sticky residue around it's edge.
11. The plastic back of the case looks to have been slightly melted on the inside.
12. The Samsung branding on the back of the case is not straight and appears to be slightly worn.

I am appalled that Amazon are selling these counterfeit cases. I had seen reviews for this product on the Amazon.co.uk website stating that these cases were fake, but had convinced myself that those reviewers must have purchased from marketplace sellers, and that, as I was purchasing from Amazon directly, I was assured of a legitimate product.

The issues with this product should not be new to Amazon. Why this product has not been pulled from sale is incomprehensible. I have been a loyal Amazon customer for quite some time, but this has really damaged my trust in Amazon. I believe Amazon need to make a public apology and offer refund to all those affected, as many may not even be aware they have received a counterfeit product.
2525 comments789 of 812 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 July 2013
This is a poor quality counterfeit cover that does not fit property. I realise that the price is cheap but no where does it state that the item is a copy. The cover also split when I removed it from my phone
0Comment68 of 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 June 2013
So, this is made by samsung, for their flagship phone, and retails at £45 ish. I thought this was going to be a really good little case. I was kind of wrong.

Pros:
The window is a bit of perspex, so you can happily put it in your pocket with your keys and they won't scratch the screen.
The phone knows when the cover is closed and changes the display so when the phone rings the caller shows up in the window.

Cons:
Replaces the back, so you can't have this and the wireless charging back at the same time.
If you have the case open for a while (e.g. folded back on itself while playing a game) it takes a while before it will sit closed properly.
It covers the movement sensor, meaning that my favourite feature (where you can wave your hand over it to light it up and show your missed calls etc) no longer works.
It replaces the back with one which is slightly sturdier, but doesn't look anywhere near as nice and polished as the original did.
It doesn't have the quality feel of the rest of the phone, the cover is a kind of synthetic fabric material. It isn't cut that neatly or finished that nicely.
Cover doesn't stay closed (no magnets like in the apple equivalents) so if you dump it in your bag and expect the screen to stay protected then sometimes the cover may flap open.

Edit: removed another star as the area under the window is starting to get scratched. I think little bits of dirt get trapped between the plastic window and your screen, and then the cover moves around in your pocket, scratching the screen.
0Comment110 of 117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 November 2014
Nice case, but it keeps opening as it doesn't have secure magnet clasp. As my phone already had one accident when it fell open from "secure waterproof" case, I'm getting cheap one that locks properly instead.
Having an S view window is great, but not worth risking your smartphone.
on 1 June 2015
After a succession of faulty knock-off's from various local phone accessory merchants that all had to be returned due being faulty or just badly made, I decided to take the plunge and purchase this one in lovely teal. Although some of the reviews were very negative and stated that these are not genuine cases I decided that there were enough positive reviews to justify a £7 risk. I was being charged more than that from aforementioned dodgy outlets.

Imagine my surprise when this lovely, well packaged case arrived. The box looks genuine with Samsung markings and codes on the side and upon closer inspection it immediately stood out as the best quality case I have ever purchased. It feels lovely and soft in the hand, the flip works perfectly and even the chip on the inside to activate the flip functions works well.
It fitted perfectly and In the 2 weeks since I've had it I have never had to remove it to reset the chip or reactivate the functions.

I don't know whether this is a genuine item or not and I don't care. This works as good as I imagine the real one to work at 1/6 of the price.

It looks cool, works well and everyone who sees my phone thinks it's the latest note 4. Very pleased indeed.

Also, I fitted the Spigen magnetic clip that is also excellent. Adds just the right amount of weight for it to self close and holds it firm enough when on its back.

Excellent combo for £15. Looks and feels premium.
review image review image
on 28 November 2015
Fake Fake Fake!

I don't know if it is generally, or just the item I received; but this is most certainly NOT a Samsung product.

I purchased this because I dropped my phone and scraped the genuine Samsung case on it - which I bought from a Carphone Warehouse store at the same time as my phone.

The item that arrived is not the same quality as it, and is very easy to tell when they are held side by side:

1) The genuine item says 'made in Taiwan' - the replica says 'made in Korea'
2) The 'Samsung' logo imprint on the back differs considerably in depth and clarity from the original
3) The 'flocking' on the inside of the case (where the back of the phone sits against) is different again - thinner & smoother than the original.
4) There also was a post-it note in with my order, with some form of coding on it.

The above reasons are just a few which are easily visible within seconds of comparing both products side by side.

Not happy in the slightest. Especially for the amount of money that this cost.
on 24 April 2014
The magnet in the case isn't strong enough to keep the case closed. It constantly pops open. Pretty annoying as it's generally a good concept.
I can't understand how this wasn't noticed during tests, plus, I believe this was also a problem in the S4 version.
on 29 September 2013
This item is a fake and a poor one at that. After trying to contact the seller to try and get a refund about 4 times and not hearing anything I had to get Amazon involved. wish I had read more of the reviews and I wouldn't have wasted my time. THIS ITEM IS COUNTERFEIT!!!
on 16 December 2013
I bought this product beleiving it would be the official Samsung Galaxy S4 mini S View case. I paid £14 thinking that this would be the real thing (seeing as all of the reported fake ones were being sold for as low as £2.50!). The seller makes it clear that it is a genuine case and that it is made from high quality materials. I can 100% confirm that it is not a genuine case and that it is made very poorly. The product arrived in Samsung branded packaging but had errors all over it, including translation mistakes, poor printing and a poorly fixed plastic window. I have listed all of the faults with the product below:

OUTER PACKAGING
-Illegal use of the Samsung brand and logo
-No trademarks
-Translation errors

INNER PACKAGING
-Unsealed plastic bag
-Vacuum form that is too big for the case
-Product 'window' loose

PRODUCT
-Peel off labels had spelling mistakes
-Incorrect colour backplate (too dark, no silver crosshatching)
-Backplate 'texture' inconsistent across the case
-Samsung logo printed off centre
-Samsung logo printed in poor quality ink instead of metalic and embossed
-Speaker grille missing the dust filter
-Plastic inside the backplate is of inconsistent thickness
-Model numbers formed into plastic are in the wrong order
-Does not clip fully onto the back of the phone
-Backplate magnet strip positioned incrorectly
-Front cover does not fit flush with the phone
-'Galaxy S4 mini' branding is poorly printed
-Cutout window has a plastic insert that does not enable the user to swipe the screen
-Earpiece hole does not align with the one on the phone
-Plastic edges on the front cover are poorly cut and have burrs
-Front cover texture is inconsistent and uneven

And to top this off, the actual function of the S View mode on the phone is erratic and only works about 50% of the time.

I strongly suggest you do not buy this product as it is a clear fake and illegally uses the Samsung branding to fool customers.

I have filed a report that has been sent to the seller and to Amazon for their review. As it appears there are so many disapointed customers out there, Amazon should take action and prevent the further sale of these counterfeit items.
0Comment22 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 May 2014
Its a good product, but only one problem, theirs nothing to hold the case closed. Because my phone fell out of my pocket and the case opened up and scratched side of the phone

See one answered question