I wanted a rucksack I could use whilst getting the train to work. I needed something of average size (as I am going to work, not hiking!), durable and practical. This is pretty perfect. The main body of the bag has the back little zipped pocket, for make up and small items as most bags have. The zipped front main pocket is where you find the key chain, phone pocket and pen pocket. Then there is the horizontal zip pocket on the front to put a pass or tickets in. On the side of the bag are two Velcro pockets so that you could carry a slim bottle of water and an umbrella without having to put them in the main bag.

I have been able to easily carry the following and still have plenty of room:

Rolled up jacket
Make up
Note pads
Pens
Lunch

The shoulder straps are wide and adjustable, they don't slip on your shoulders. The back of the bag is a bit padded for comfort. The lining is a light colour so that you can actually see what you've got in your bag.
on 30 August 2013
Love the color! The size of the backpack is pretty well for a casual day out. However, if you wanna put A4 documents, it might be a little too small. Overall, I love the bag!
on 1 September 2013
This backpack is perfect for days out when you need all your essentials. Easily big enough for camera, spare shoes, drinks etc, and smart enough to go with everything. I love the colour, and the usual practicality of Kipling bags - tough, wipeable fabric, sturdy zips, pale lining so you can see everything, and enough separate pockets to organise your items. Also like the fact that the main compartment zip is covered, which provides extra security and protection from the rain. Needless to say, it's very lightweight and comfortable to carry.
on 24 August 2013
As usual with Kipling, an excellent product. This is an ideal day pack, with lots of compartments and is ideal for everyday use. The Backpack is very well made and it is comfortable to wear.
on 13 August 2015
This is one of my favourite holiday backpacks. Great size (larger than a hand-bag sized firefly kipling backpack) - probably medium sized for Kipling collectors. What I like about this is the zipped main pocket. A lot of the kipling backpacks tend to come with drawstring main sections. Some of these can be a bit fiddlely - especially tricky if your hand dexterity is a bit slow - they do soften up but are hard to close for stronger hands when they first arrive. This has a good sized main section with the usual small zipped pocket. The next full sized compartment is also zipped - this has a mobile drop slot (one) and one pen slot plus the key clip. There is a further small front pocket on the fromt of the bag - good for passes, glasses or other small essentials. I used this to carry lunch (for four), a waterproof trespass coat, my new money purse, a medium creativity purse in the main pocket. Keys, camera and some odds and ends in the middle pocket. The back of the pack is 'padded' and the straps are adjustable - so it's comfy to carry even when its full. It also looks good due to the structured shape - unlike some of the backpacks that are more 'sack like'. Enjoy - it's a good addition to any Kipling collection and is a tried and tested favourite as it has been around for a while now!
on 2 February 2014
love this backpack it has plenty of room and secure zipped pockets, the padded straps are comfortable no digging in like some do it looks small but believe me you can get so much in it, well made as with all my kipling purchases and just LOVE the monkey.
on 4 January 2014
Stylish, colourful and fits a great amount inside.
At first was alittle worried about size being small BUT you can carry a lot of things.
Would recommend to all.
on 21 March 2014
Excellent buy! Bought it for myself but now my daughter uses it for school. Beautiful colors. Not too big and not too small either, just about the right size. Arrived as promised. Would recommend it to anyone.
on 18 April 2015
Having already purchased Kipling handbags before and knowing just how well made they are, I was on the lookout for a backpack that could be used every day. This fit the bill perfectly. Like all Kipling bags, it is extremely well made and is very comfortable to use. Three separate zipped compartments make organizing your personal belongings very easy. The main area is very roomy plus really handy when picking up several items at the grocery store, so as to not have to use a plastic bag in hand. It has two bottle compartments each side, though only for smaller sized bottles. They could have been a little higher to accommodate taller bottles, but that would be my only quibble. I am very pleased with this purchase and I know I will still be using it for many, many years, based on the first Kipliong bag I bought10 years ago and still looks new after constant use!
on 3 January 2015
I bought this with the view to carry around my wok laptop (it's a notebook ergo not huge) - a perfect fit. I wanted something that would be handbag sized but that I could carry and leave my hands free if necessary. It's ideal and as one would expect of a Kipling product of the best quality.