MICRO Pedi MAN Rapid Hard Skin Remover
Price:£19.42+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

I bought my partner the girly version of the Micropedi when they first came out and she loves it to this day and raeding all the reviews on here it seems to have gone down rather well!

Being a thoroughly modern yet manly-ish (cue my kids laughter) man (no I will not wear a man bag!) and hater of horrid feet and ex Kickboxing practitioner* I thought I'd give this a go!

As ever I work behind the times (my telly still runs on 50 pence pieces)so after pumace-ing and Ped Egging for many a year I've dragged my aged aching feet into the 20th century.

The Micro Pedi for men is a nice manly black colour, Grrr! In the box you get

- The Micro Pedi
- A cleaning brush
- Instruction booklet

The device Is well built as you would expect and feels very comfortable in the hand. There is a rubberised section on the body to aid grip. The on/off switch has a little red lock button built into it so the switch doesn't slide 'off' by accident in use. The very coarse roller that actually buffs your feet has a protective plastic dome when in storage. There is also a button on the side that you press to 'pop' the roller out in order to change or clean with the little brush provided, that is it! You will need to buy two AA batteries to run the Micro Pedi.

A pretty simplistic device.

In use you need to scrub your feet and thoroughly dry them to get the full effect. Turn the Micro Pedi on and the roller will spin at 30 times per second. You only have to make contact with your feet, don't push down or you will stop the motor. . .and the roller will remove dead, hard and callous skin from your feet. You will be amazed at how much rubbish this will remove from your feet if you have never done this or haven't done this for some time. You can do any section of your foot such as heels, sides, soles and toes. It is quite pleasant and not painful in any way whatsoever.

and now for the moisturiser! :)

If you want to impress your partner or girlfriend with immaculate foot hygiene then I cannot stress how much you need one of these in your life. Once you've used it you can never go back to manky horrible feet chaps.

Super high level recommendation!

*ever been kicked in the face or head-locked by the legs of some cheesy footed 6ft 16 stone kickboxer? It's 'very' not good. They think you're running around the ring from fright. Yeah, terrified of the next block of cheddar in the face mate!

Get them one of these! :)

Update - 4th Dec - Still loving this and using it weekly without any problems. Absolute must-have in a blokes beauty regime! :)
on 18 December 2013
I have suffered from hard skin on the bottom of my feet for a long time. No creams, rasps or files have helped relieve
the pain that hard skin can cause but this fantastic little battery operated machine did the job immediately! I cannot rate it highly enough - it does what it says on the box. Easy to use and clean. I shall use it at least twice a week to stop any build up of hard skin in the future. Why it's advertised as a man's device I'll never know. It's perfect for any gender.
on 14 January 2014
My husband had really bad cracked heals for ages, we are so pleased with this product, its the best his heals have been for goodness knows when, I also use it, great item
on 14 January 2015
Fantastic gadget,I've been struggling for yrs with hard skin/cracked heels due to work boots and never having a minute at home due to my wife giving me jobs to do ! , use this with "Soap & Glory HEEL GENIUS" foot cream at bed time and you will be a very very happy bunny ! Forget visiting a chiropodist, save your ££££'s and buy this bad boy, purchase the black cartridges that are the SUPER COARSE if you suffer like I did, you will not regret it,also use the more expensive batteries for it, Brilliant !
on 20 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Let's be honest from the start, the real difference between this and the long running versions is that it's not pink.

The Amazon page states that it comes with a Super Course Roller to tackle even the hardest male skin. It's the same blue roller that comes with some of the female models, so no difference there.

The description also states "The MICRO Pedi MAN comes in a handy size for travel or your gym bag". Maybe it's me, but I can't see anyone, male or female going to the gym to sit in the changing room sanding their feet.

In use it works just like all the others, the sanding roller spins and eventually sands your hard skin off. I say eventually because if you have any level of hard skin, or callouses be prepared for it to take a while.

Any pressure on the roller and it stops turning and the instructions recommended you don't leave it on the same patch of skin for more than two seconds.

Don't get me wrong, it does work, up to a point, but between no pressure and moving it around so much, it can easily take half an hour or longer to do both feet. If there's any level of build up, it's faster with a manual board and doing it by hand.

It's also worth noting that the shape of the device was great to hold right handed whilst doing one foot, but incredibly awkward to hold in the left hand to do the other foot. It does throw off quite a bit of dust, so you'll want to sit in the bath or shower to do the sanding.

In all, whilst it does work, unless you have mobility issues and lots of free time, I'm not really sure this would be worth the expense. It needs a wider head for better coverage, a better shape for left and right handed use and a lot more power to the roller so you can exert some pressure to the hard skin.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 29 May 2015
I have both versions of the Emjoi MICR "O" Pedi and to be quite honest, I actually prefer the women's machine to this one.

I purchased the female version about 1 year ago which came with 2 Blue Course rollers and 2 Fine ones too. But, to be honest having used all rollers Black and Blue, Super Course down to Fine, I prefer the Blue Course which work best on me whilst using the women's machine. I have given it several months now using this machine but still like the women's version better.

It is much easier to manage over your feet as well as hands removing calluses and even the rough skin on your knees too, you know, from all the grovelling we do, right guy's?

All I will say is this, if you have particularly large hands, much larger than the average then this is the machine for you. If your hands are of an average size from large down to small, then chose the women's version.
VINE VOICEon 19 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Since Emjoi conceived the brilliant Micro-Pedi they've just about squeezed every marketing inch out of the entire product genre. After the original Micro Pedi (MP), came the MP Salon Professional and now the MP Men. Essentially offering the same thing some might lay blame on over exuberant marketing tactics, however there are subtle differences between the family brands that just about warrant investment.

The MP Men comes in a new (no doubt deliberately more manly) appearance, slightly less distinguished, more akin to the barrel of a shot-gun which no doubt emphasises the fact that the product is aimed at the alpha male with beta feet. That said it does go about its work ultra efficiently. This is a much more menacing and abrasive roller mechanism designed to buff away at feet which have been stuck in rugby or walking boots for years and on trying both the female and male equivalents, I can confirm that the latter is a far more effective product - hard skin buffs away in seconds with the batteries delivering enough charge and force to the roller to really make a difference within 5 or so minutes of use. Operation could not be simpler, simply load up the batteries, point and (no pun intended) shoot. Size wise the MP Men fits easily into a soap bag and would be the perfect companion for holidays or even the post match shower.

So it works, it works incredibly well my only gripe being the inflated price tag over the female equivalent despite the inferior appearance and design. Mens grooming is a vastly growing industry and the MP Men is definitely one of the better products currently on the market which does exactly what it says on the tin.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This Emjoi Micro Pedi Man complements the Emjoi female range which we have also tested and reviewed positively.

This device is designed to "rapidly buff away dry, hard and rough skin on the feet" - it does so very effectively. In the pack you get the Micro Pedi Man with a cover for the abrasive roller, a cleaning brush and instructions - all you need to get going is two AA batteries. I think apart from the more masculine design of the unit the only other functional difference from the basic female version is that this single speed model has a coarser mineral roller.

The unit is well designed from an ergonomic point of view, it fits the hand better than many shavers I've owned, and has an anti-slip strip for your palm. The switch also has a safety device so you can't turn it on accidentally. As a diabetic foot care is particularly important to me, and this device is really effective in removing the hard skin from the soles and particularly the heels - this makes walking much more comfortable. (The package advises diabetics and others who might have circulatory issues to consult their doctor before use - read the advice on the pack before using). After using this product your feet will feel smoother and, to be honest, cleaner.

The mineral roller will eventually have to be replaced, but providing it is cleaned after each use it should last a reasonable time - you can brush it and, although, not recommended by the manufacturer, our experience from the female Micro Pedi is that you can clean rollers with water but never allow them to soak it up and become saturated. The texture of the roller is just right, coarse enough to be effective, but not to risk injury to your feet.

One slight downside is the skin dust that the device can generate. My suggestion is to use a towel that's about to go into the wash or similar and buff you feet on that. I suppose to have a vacuum device to collect the debris would add to the cost, weight and complexity of the Micro Pedi plus drain the batteries. This is a minor issue and not sufficient to drop a star.

I've quickly fallen in love with this Emjoi Micro Pedi Man as it really has improved the condition and comfort of my feet. Recommended.
VINE VOICEon 21 October 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got the Emjoi Micro-Pedi a couple of months ago and loved it so much I bought another one as a present. After years of trying to deal with hard skin with tiny little scratchers and scrapers that made my arm ache long before they made my skin smooth, the Micro-Pedi was a revelation. Now they've produced a version expressly for men - still the same easy and effective technique, but now tougher with an ergonomic shape. It's wonderful.

So easy to use - you just put in the two AA batteries (not included), turn it on and away you go. It buffs away hard skin in seconds with a micro-mineral roller that spins 360 degrees, 30 times per second. If you haven't used one of these before, your first session will take the longest as you work on all the hard edges and areas, but after that you'll find it won't take long at all to maintain a smooth finish. You can hold it comfortably in your hand and alter the angle to cover every part of your feet, and it does the job quietly, quickly and very impressively. It's zero effort for maximum effect.

The roller slides out one side once you press the button just below it, and you can clean it and the gadget itself very quickly with a quick little brush (and there is one included).

You'll need to replace the roller once every couple of months if you use it regularly - a pack of two costs about £12 - but this is a durable little device that really serves a purpose, and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Suddenly pedicures are fun!
on 19 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Prior to this gadget I'd only ever occasionally used the small cheap pumice blocks you can buy from the chemists and I was really skeptical about a battery-operated alternative, especially as it comes from such an unknown brand name. But the results speak for themselves...

While the pumice blocks give the sensation of smoothness after use on the soles of the feet, this product provides something that at least 'feels' more permanent. I was amazed at the amount of dead skin this product removed- visibly the heels of my feet which before were slightly discoloured from the hardened skin afterwards appeared closer if not identical to the skin tone of the rest of my feet.

As other reviewers have commented- the sensation is satisfying and in no way painful.

And it may seem an obvious point, but I would definitely recommend using fully charged batteries to get the best results.

The problem is the package, which lets it down. If this were priced under £10 then fair enough- it's got what it needs and nothing more- the unit and a small brush (as you would get with an electronic shaver to clear dead skin away). But for £26.99, even bearing in mind the miraculous results, it's laughable. The lack of replacement rollers too is a poor omission, as I get the impression that after more than two uses these will need to be swapped over.

Still, highly recommended.