Size: WaterproofColour: Pure White LightChange
Price:£2.90+ Free shipping

on 24 September 2014
Really fantastic, I definitely recommend this if you have at least basic knowledge of electronics or someone you know does. I had to fit this to a 12 volt ac to dc adapter which was originally used for charging a laptop, it wasn't too hard but it might be if you don't know how to do it. I used it to replace regular lighting in my medium sized bed room, about 5.5 meters of this was more than enough to light the room sufficiently.
Firstly, this is really cheap, maybe because it's not "plug n play" but still a good price without a doubt.
Secondly, it looks great, the white is very nice and the LEDs are very bright but not so bright that they're uncomfortable to look at.
Other nice features are that the LEDs stay cool and that you can just easily cut to size how much of this stuff you want.
on 28 January 2015
Pros Led's light the worktops very well from under the wall cupboards,
Cons self adhesive backing is next to useless only 50% has fixed well, needs better double sided tape, also cutting and soldering wires on for more complex installation is Not easy, the Copper connection on the strip is well covered in the waterproof covering and coating on the back which makes it very difficult scrape off to make you soldered connection, its quite fragile, It can be done though, Mine work well now!
on 2 August 2014
Excellent product. I have bought three sets now and will be buying more. Time will tell as to how robust they are but I can't fault them so far. The fact that they come with a connector that will fit my redundant 12volt PSU's is great. They don't come with a power supply but I knew that and it wasn't an issue for me. Others might not have old 12volt power supplies and would therefore have to buy this which bumps up the cost considerably.

Conway Lawson
on 10 August 2014
nice and bright good length, used as interior lights in horse trailer
on 4 November 2015
These are a very bright crisp cool white light.
I Am very pleased with value for money.
They come with two colour coded wires ready soldered ,
i removed & re-soldered longer speaker cables personally & connected to a plugin type 12v 2amp transformer most of us have 1 kicking about somewhere.cut of the jack plug &'make electrical connectors via connector blocks or choc blocks as they are sometimes referred too .
I purchased two of these to go under a double archway .
I wired them in series rather than parallel . As I noticed some faint volt drop on a bench test & opted for series option which was a far more pleasing effect with no dimming . Now waiting for a dimmer to arrive as like I said they really are very bright..
Prompt delivery .
My only negative is the 3m tape wasn't very sticky in places . However some no nails in a thin bead soon sorted this out. & still hits the 5star rating a lot of light for so little pounds and so thin a strip. The LEDs them selves are tiny & can be cut after every 3rd led which is about 2" .
So if like me you were a bit sceptical over quality and price and was left scratching head . Do what I done & take the gamble I'm pleasantly surprised so much so I will be ordering more shortly for another ceiling project .
on 3 May 2015
Purchased these in April 2015, and the pack as advertised came with all the necessary parts to get the lights up and running (some review suggested this was not the case... perhaps that is with a different variety of lights (this review is for the changeable colour lights).

I plugged in the various cables and had the lights up and running quickly (though it is possible to connect the lights up the wrong way i.e the power cable going the wrong way into the lighting strip (i am not an electrical minded person).

The lights look fantastic. There is a range of colour options, different brightness settings, and all very easy to set up. There are a bunch of other flashing modes and fading modes which i think are probably a bit gimmicky (the look cool and you might show to your mates, but other than that they don't add much).

I have only just installed mine and used blutack (just testing where to put them, and the physical light strip in not visible). Some people complained the adhesive backing strip is not up to much... I haven't tested this yet.

Physical the light strip appears to be relatively robust and reasonable quality. There are clear solder points pin the light strip which i presume is where you are meant too trim the strip down if it is too long, or attach a further light string with no visible break in the lights. You also have the option to string together multiple light strings with the connector cable, though this will leave you with a gap in the light string.

The white controller box had a small IR receiver on a bit of wire. This caught me out as i left the plugs all tucked away putt of sight, but then the remote control did not work. I had to go back and find a way to have the IR receiver visible, but still hiding the control box. Really the bit of wire for the IR receiver needs to be a fair bit longer.

I have knocked off a couple of stars as the supplied mains plug and control unit (the little white box I the picture) lookes quite flimsy and doesn't really appear to inspire confidence I electrical safety. Out does not really appear to shut properly (photo attached). Perhaps this is less relevant as it is after the voltage goes down once out goes through the transformer. I am not an expert, but it did not full me with confidence, but i am not sure where tho go do a replacement.

It's a shame about my concern with the supplied mains adaptor, add otherwise these are a great bit of kit and a bargain at the price (though i would happily pay more for some better quality connectors).

Edit: 8 May 2015.

I have only had these lights for about a week but the remote control supplied with the lights has stated to fail. When i press the button for the lights to turn red, they go green.... the red button turns them green... the purple button turns them light blue... you get the picture.

It's not an epic fail, and fortunately the on button still turns the lights on... but very disappointing after only a week.
review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 November 2015
TechCode 2014 RGB Color Changing SMD 5050 Flexible LED Strip Kit, 44 key Remote Control + 12 Volt Power Supply, (2014 5M RGB)
The SMD RGB Colour Changing SMD 5050 Flexible LED Strip is very good but the remote control lets the whole thing down, as it only worked correctly for 1 day then become intermittent and most of the time only possible to get white and red and the off button no longer works not good.
If you can not get a replacement remote that works from this supplier try
on 9 November 2015
Bought these to connect to a switch in a walk in larder so the light would come on when the door is opened. However, the first third of the lights remained on permanently whilst the rest of them did come on and off. Weird!! Can only assume one of the joins in the lights is faulty in some way. Not an electrician so had no idea how to correct it. Whilst these lights are cheap, I wouldn't recommend them as I had to buy another set from another source. You get what you pay for I guess!!
on 28 December 2014
Love these lights! You need to be a handy person or know one to make full use of them though. These are an addition to my kitchen, my caravan and the garage giving light where it is needed, an ambiance when used alone but the adhesive backing is not the best, as they did fall off with the heat generated. But it does not change my opinion, these lights are great and not expensive. We used a glue gun to stick them in the end and they are fine now. [touch wood]
on 12 November 2013
under counter kitchen lights, can be cut to required length and cables soldered on to extend as needed, great brightness.