on 11 October 2013
This was purchased by my 8 year old with her birthday money. Received with much excitement and they immediately became inseparable. Sadly, by the next morning it was broken - one of the wings has stopped folding down.

It looks great out of the box but she is no more heavy handed than any other 8 year old so it clearly isn't fit for purpose.

So disappointing.
TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 16 March 2014
We bought Barbie Mariposa at the discounted Amazon price and I'm happy we didn't pay the original full price. Yes; this is a feast of a doll for any young Barbie enthusiast because she's pretty, pink, sparkly and has wings. The wings are the problem. The mechanism is poor and they don't always open fully or one or the other falls off. I can re-attach them but when they don't open properly or close around the doll as a skirt the whole fairy effect is a bit of a let down. I'm keeping her purely because my granddaughter won't let me send her back. Beautiful Barbie but not without problems and having read the other reviews many other people have had a similar experience.
on 21 May 2014
Looks beautiful but the mechanism on the wings did not last long and the wings stopped folding and un-folding. They then came off. Would not recommend purchasing this.
on 21 January 2014
Looks great in the box... out of the box it's not so good - the button which unfolds the wings is very hard to push for a little person and the wings then flick up very quickly and her arms have to be straight up for this to work. Winding them back down is also not as easy as the ad leads you to believe. We bought from Amazon so only paid about £11.50 as opposed to the £25 most high street retailers were asking. It's not very well made and the playability is short lived, I would not recommend wasting any money on this.
on 29 June 2014
She loved it, but she is a Barbie mad kind of girl. Very attractive, if you like this sort of thing, shimmery wings etc.
on 17 January 2015
In regards to the seller, this was exactly as described, arrived exactly when it should've and all round great service. Unfortunately in regards to the product (must stress no fault of the seller) the dolls wings have broken and will not stay down within minutes of owning her, which resulted in a sad little birthday girl! The doll still looks beautiful, but I do feel the mechanism is a little hit and miss!
on 17 January 2014
Bought this item for my daughter at Christmas, she is 5 years old. After battling to remove it from all the packaging and somehow understanding the instructions, I'm not sure what it actually it does. There is a wind up device which only turns 180 degrees and this turns the wings, you then let go and they go back to there position, as for now it lays there in her toy box gathering dust. I expected more.
on 23 April 2014
THE WINGS DID NOT WORK HAD TO SEND IT BACK DECIDED NOT TO REPLACE IT NOT A HAPPY GRANDCHILD :-(
on 15 January 2015
This item doesn't work properly, A ssoon as my daughter took it out the box we soon worked out, with one wing attached it will fold down into the dress form it is supposed to take, but attach the other and the whole wind up mechanism stops working completely?! Maybe it's an induvidual fault but still not the quality you expect when buying the brand name items.
on 18 March 2014
Bought for my 7 yr old daughter and she loves it. These things are all a bit expensive for what they're worth in my opinion but this one isn't too bad. The butterfly wing action is good and it has lasted a while now - she still plays with it. Good buy if a bit pricey. If you shop around you can find a good deal though.