This app facilitates the tracking of aircraft in several ways in real time. Flight numbers, callsigns, aircraft registration numbers or specific airports can be entered and the location of appropriate aircraft identified and tracked.

However one of the most useful and fascinating attributes of the app is that a geographical location can be selected and aircraft movements in the vicinity are shown on the map. By pinpointing a specific aircraft it is then possible to establish the airline, flight number, aircraft type, registration number, height, airspeed, where its journey originated, as well as tracking its journey en route to its destination airport. A photograph showing what the aircraft looks like is also accessible from a "more information" menu, which is a useful aid to identification.

Personally I would regard this app as an absolute "must" not only for air travellers, but also for dedicated plane spotters and in fact anyone with an interest in aircraft movements in their own locality.
0Comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 September 2013
BRILLIANT!!! we get a lot of planes flying over us in North Dorset and now from the comfort of an armchair I can see where they are going to etc - just love it!!
on 24 August 2013
Bought this app before a member of my family flew to Australia. Absolutely glued to the flight and able to trace it all the way, and, and!! email a live picture of plane to keep and, probably later, print.
I am, by the way, female, and definitely not an anorak type, but this really gripped me...and I still use to see where planes overhead are heading. A.May.zing.
on 14 July 2013
This app lets you enter flight numbers and then shows you where the plane is and then tracks it. The only thing is on a pc version you can get a view from the pilots window but on a tablet you can't do this. I like the maps and the fact you can see the planes actually move and also see the flight path, this app is handy for anyone picking someone up from the airport.
on 25 April 2013
I love this app. I have this app on my phone and my computer and now my Kindle I live under a flight path so I love to look up were the plain has come from and who it belongs to.
on 22 June 2013
I always wondered where the planes flying overhead were going, well thanks to this app I now know everything about them.
on 22 April 2013
I now have Flightradar24 on all my gadgets and love it, I can watch as friends and relatives go on holiday or just watch traffic in and out of almost any major airport in the world. As I am partially disabled, it allows me to go to places that I would not be able to visit.
on 25 June 2013
Amazing App, so easy to use, my friend put me on to it & glad he did, now sitting out in the garden with a clear blue sky, I can now see the aircraft and have the info of were they are going etc. delighted with it.
on 22 June 2013
If you are interested in what is happening overhead it is just what want.
I find it interesting to see what is flying overhead.
With the information you see on the screen it is possible to listen to the aircraft and follow them
on 29 August 2013
I love this app but be warned you could waste a lot of time looking at the skies above to check where all those planes are going to. The app is very easy to install and use even for a Silver Surfer like me! It's a bit shocking to see how many planes are above us sometimes but very interesting to see all of the information on flight routes and aircraft info. I am not a plane spotter but when the sky is cloudless I love to know where the planes I can see are all heading.