4.8 out of 5 stars1,623
Size: Pack of 1Change

Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because I wanted to experience some of its widely reported health benefits:

Ingredients:
100% Raw Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
Free from Cholesterol, Gluten, Preservatives, Additives and GM products

Nutritional value (per 100g):
Energy = 3696KJ/899Kcal
Protein = 0g
Carbohydrates = 0g
Fat = 100g
(Of which are Saturated Fat = 93.9g)
Fibre = 0g
Cholesterol = 0g
Sodium = 0g

Note: Coconut oil is different to all other types of saturated fat because it contains a large % of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) which get metabolised differently by the body. They go directly from the intestinal tract to the liver where they are burned off as fuel and RAISE METABOLISM.

Taste / What to eat it with?:
The product tasted delicious, nutty, coconut-y and refreshing. I eat 2 tablespoons a day with oats, soup, yogurt, smoothies, protein shakes, coffee, tea, toast, biscuits, muffins, homemade cakes and salads. I found that the product significantly improves their taste. My Chicken salad usually tastes very bland but when I added hot coconut oil to it. It make a considerable difference. I also enjoyed eating it on its own. When cooking, it has a smoke point of 177 Deg C / 350 oF.

Results:
After taking the product for 30 days (both internally and Externally), without changing anything else in my life (Diet, Exercise & Supplements), the changes that I experienced were tremendous. My body fat had been reduced, my skin (face) quality had improved, my energy levels were elevated, my hair looked much better (softer, shinier and smoother) and my sleep quality had improved. The product had worked extremely well indeed.

Skin (Face): (Every other day)
I added 5g (Tea Spoon) to the palm of my hand and let it sit there for a few minutes to melt. (Its very hard in the pot). I smeared it all over my face into a thin layer and left it on for 45 mins before washing it off with warm water.

Hair: (Every other day)
I added 10g (Tea Spoon) to the palm of my hand and let it sit there for a few minute to melt. I smoothed it into my hair, paying close attention to the ends. I left it on for 30 mins, rinsed my hair with warm water and shampoo-ed it twice. I combed my hair, dried it very gently with a towel. 30-45 mins latter my hair was soft, shiny and smooth. I then brushed it.

Storage:
Coconut oil is very stable with a long shelf life (approx 2 years). It can be stored in either a cupboard or a fridge. It is liquid at anything over 24.4 Deg C / 76 Deg F and solid at anything under 24.4 Deg C / 76 Deg F.

Negatives:
The only 2 negatives that I could identify with this product was the price and hardness, however this is quite common with all other high quality Raw Organic Virgin Coconut products.

Should you be buying it?:
If you want to experience the health benefits of coconut oil then I would recommend buying it. Taking it for 30 days both internally and externally would be ample time to asses if it's making any noticeable difference.

Value:
This product has a price tag that would make you put it back on the shelf quicker than you picked it up. However when you consider the hundreds of different reported health benefits that the product offers (internally & externally), it does not sound as expensive.

What else could you buy for your money?:
Lucy Bee's nearest rival is "Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil". I found that the taste and health benefits were identical. The only difference between the 2 is the price. The prices of both products fluctuate on Amazon therefore I usually buy whichever one is the cheapest at the time.

Verdict: Extremely Effective Both Internally and Externally - Highly Recommended.

Feedback - If you wish to provide feedback on this review please follow the link below - thanks
1414 comments379 of 398 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Reason for buying:

Energy = 3696KJ/899Kcal
Protein = 0g
Carbohydrates = 0g
Fat = 100g
(Of which are Saturated Fat = 93.9g)
Fibre = 0g
Cholesterol = 0g
Sodium = 0g

Taste / What to eat it with?:
The product tasted delicious, nutty, coconut-y and refreshing. I eat 2 tablespoons a day with oats, soup, yogurt, smoothies, protein shakes, coffee, tea, toast, biscuits, muffins, homemade cakes and salads. I found that the product significantly improves their taste. My Chicken salad usually tastes very bland but when I added hot coconut oil to it, it make a considerable difference. I also enjoyed eating it on its own. When cooking, it has a smoke point of 177 Deg C / 350 oF.

Results:

Skin (Face): (Every other day)

Hair: (Every other day)

Storage:

Negatives:
The only 2 negatives that I could identify with product was the price and hardness, however this is quite common with all other best quality Raw Organic Virgin Coconut products.

Should you be buying it?:

Value:

What else could you buy for your money?:
Lucy Bee's nearest rival is "Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil". I found that the taste and health benefits were identical. The only difference between the 2 is the price. The prices of both products fluctuate on Amazon therefore I usually buy whichever one is the cheapest at the time (Refer to separate Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil review for more details).

11 comment20 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 September 2015
Very nice indeed, nice smell, lovely on your face. Mix with Apple Cider Vinegar and will heal your scars quickly. Will buy again.
22 comments8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 July 2013
I have tried a few of these before but this is the one I keep coming back to, it's great for cooking and baking and it's great value too. I would highly recommend :-)
11 comment46 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 September 2014
Before buying this I read some of the low star reviews and saw that some people say this brand tastes bad. Seriously it does NOT. I was concerned but thought I would give it a try instead of my usual one which is equally high quality and reputation but comes in a plastic jar. Not sure if the plastic v glass jar thing is really an issue but I thought I would try the glass jar one just in case.

Well it tastes every bit as good as the other one!! I generally don't eat it by the spoonful but my mother does! and she thinks they both taste just as good as each other. My dogs have a teaspoon of it straight out of the jar before bedtime to kill the nasty bacteria in their mouths and keep their teeth good and they asked me to tell you that they think it is delicious and would happily eat the whole jar for anyone who would like to see them prove they enjoy it. I told them that wont be necessary (and I don't want to deal with the resulting coconut oil overdose diarrhea) but they insisted I include their comments in the review.

Consistency: Some reviews have said it is really hard! The hardness will depend on the room temperature at which you store it. Real butter straight from the fridge is harder than this stored at normal room temperature. If you have very little strength due to illness or disability, simply scrape the surface with a teaspoon a few times like you would with butter. If you want to use it in oil form, scrape it like this and put onto a saucer and place the saucer on top of your hot beverage or a glass of hot water. Melts really quickly. DO NOT overheat it or you will destroy the properties.

It also arrived quickly and well packaged. Will definitely reorder from them.
11 comment8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 April 2015
Lovely natural product, nice coconut aroma, nice to apply to the skin, absorbs quickly without leaving any mess.
11 comment10 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 August 2015
What's not to love about this? I can use it to cook in (although I don't) I use it as a make up remover, and a moisturiser, I always take a jar on holiday, as my daughter always gets an reaction to the water in the pool, and this sorts it out. Also great for sunburn too. I bought a jar for my niece for when she goes to Uni, as it's a cheap and can be used for so many things.
22 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 September 2015
Bought this for my hard working hands. Having used it for cooking! I rub a small amount into my nails and for the first time ever I have long nails.
It is also good for feet, as a massage therapist I would recommend this for tired aching feet and as a general moisturiser (unless you have a nut allergy). A little goes a long way.
on 18 September 2015
First time Ive used coconut oil. I use it for cooking and it is a good moisturiser for my skin too. I would buy again.
on 9 February 2016
I have been using this jar of coconut oil for two years and only now it's time to order a replacement - excellent value for money. The oil is pure of superior quality and has a multitude of uses. I did try using it as a hair treatment as a warm mask before washing my hair, but in my case I found it made my hair greasy no matter how well and long I shampooed and rinsed. It did make my hair softer but this was only apparent after three hair washes in three days. I either used too much or maybe it is better suited for thicker hair. I always use it if I have dry lips and in this case I get immediate results. I also used it as a moisturiser for knees, elbows and hands (a monthly treatment). I only need to use a very small amount at a time, it absorbs quickly, makes the skin softer and it does smell really nice. I have used it as a face moisturiser after clay cleaning face masks which dry my skin. I also used it for oil pulling treatment - for a week at a time once or every two months. It doesn't whiten your teeth but it makes them shinier and I tried this method for supposed detoxifying benefits not as a teeth whitening treatment. I also used it to clean my dog's teeth. My dog dislikes all doggy toothpastes and a specialist canine dentist told me the dog toothpaste has no particular benefits but it is important the actual mechanical action of brushing the teeth to remove plaque. So I tried coconut oil thinking it can't harm my dog and it would entice him to let me brush his teeth. It worked really well so now my dog gets really excited when he sees the Lucy Bee coconut oil jar!
I will continue to use this product and it has become one of my household staples because it is a pure natural product, it has a variety of uses and it is very reasonably priced. Once you start using it, you will rely on it for a variety of purposes.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse