1,864
Size: Pack of 1|Change

Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because I wanted to experience some of its widely reported health benefits:

Ingredients:
100% Raw Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
Free from Cholesterol, Gluten, Preservatives, Additives and GM products

Nutritional value (per 100g):
Energy = 3696KJ/899Kcal
Protein = 0g
Carbohydrates = 0g
Fat = 100g
(Of which are Saturated Fat = 93.9g)
Fibre = 0g
Cholesterol = 0g
Sodium = 0g

Note: Coconut oil is different to all other types of saturated fat because it contains a large % of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) which get metabolised differently by the body. They go directly from the intestinal tract to the liver where they are burned off as fuel and RAISE METABOLISM.

Taste / What to eat it with?:
The product tasted delicious, nutty, coconut-y and refreshing. I eat 2 tablespoons a day with oats, soup, yogurt, smoothies, protein shakes, coffee, tea, toast, biscuits, muffins, homemade cakes and salads. I found that the product significantly improves their taste. My Chicken salad usually tastes very bland but when I added hot coconut oil to it. It make a considerable difference. I also enjoyed eating it on its own. When cooking, it has a smoke point of 177 Deg C / 350 oF.

Results:
After taking the product for 30 days (both internally and Externally), without changing anything else in my life (Diet, Exercise & Supplements), the changes that I experienced were tremendous. My body fat had been reduced, my skin (face) quality had improved, my energy levels were elevated, my hair looked much better (softer, shinier and smoother) and my sleep quality had improved. The product had worked extremely well indeed.

Skin (Face): (Every other day)
I added 5g (Tea Spoon) to the palm of my hand and let it sit there for a few minutes to melt. (Its very hard in the pot). I smeared it all over my face into a thin layer and left it on for 45 mins before washing it off with warm water.

Hair: (Every other day)
I added 10g (Tea Spoon) to the palm of my hand and let it sit there for a few minute to melt. I smoothed it into my hair, paying close attention to the ends. I left it on for 30 mins, rinsed my hair with warm water and shampoo-ed it twice. I combed my hair, dried it very gently with a towel. 30-45 mins latter my hair was soft, shiny and smooth. I then brushed it.

Storage:
Coconut oil is very stable with a long shelf life (approx 2 years). It can be stored in either a cupboard or a fridge. It is liquid at anything over 24.4 Deg C / 76 Deg F and solid at anything under 24.4 Deg C / 76 Deg F.

Negatives:
The only 2 negatives that I could identify with this product was the price and hardness, however this is quite common with all other high quality Raw Organic Virgin Coconut products.

Should you be buying it?:
If you want to experience the health benefits of coconut oil then I would recommend buying it. Taking it for 30 days both internally and externally would be ample time to asses if it's making any noticeable difference.

Value:
This product has a price tag that would make you put it back on the shelf quicker than you picked it up. However when you consider the hundreds of different reported health benefits that the product offers (internally & externally), it does not sound as expensive.

What else could you buy for your money?:
Lucy Bee's nearest rival is "Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil". I found that the taste and health benefits were identical. The only difference between the 2 is the price. The prices of both products fluctuate on Amazon therefore I usually buy whichever one is the cheapest at the time.

Verdict: Extremely Effective Both Internally and Externally - Highly Recommended.

Feedback - If you wish to provide feedback on this review please follow the link below - thanks
1616 comments| 422 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 May 2016
I like many others decided to give into the hype of the cure all that is coconut oil. I had heard that quite a number of people had been using coconut oil as a cleanser to remove their make up and that by making this small change they noticed massive differences in their skin.

I tried it and it 100% works my skin is clearer than is has ever been. I don't suffer from extremely bad acne but I had been plagued with a constant breakout on my chin and around my mouth for months. Just as one cluster was clearing up more would appear... aaargh!

I scrape out a little of the oil and heat it among my fingers before rubbing all over my face, the smells is amazing and it actually feels quite nice. It removes all of my makeup even waterproof mascara. I have used cleansing oils for a long time now to remove my makeup and cleanse my face and they always leave my skin feeling stripped and a bit tight, this doesn't happen with the coconut oil and my skin definitely feels more moisturised afterwards, I don't even feel the night to use a mousturiser every night now.

How I use it
1. Heat around a teaspoon amount between my fingers and massage on my face until the makeup has broken down (around 30secs - 1minute)
2. Run a flannel under very hot water and wring out, place flannel on my face and let it sit for around 10 seconds before wiping off all my makeup and excess oil from face.

My skin isn't left feeling slick and greasy but it feels nice and hydrated afterwards. I would definitely recommend Lucy Bee coconut oil as it's all natural and would be suitable for even sensitive skin.

I think I will need to try it on my hair next? Feel free to leave a comment below and share your experience with me - I'd love to know of it works for you too?

Please thumbs up if this review has been helpful - thanks!

UPDATE 02/06/2016 : I have had contact from Lucy Bee company and they run a promotion where if you send 12 labels from a same sized jar you get one free, which I think is excellent. I have now been using it in my hair, to soften my feet and in cooking too - for the price it really is a great product and I am still enjoying it today.

we hold a promotion where you can send us 12 same sized labels and we will send you a free jar
Reason for buying:

Energy = 3696KJ/899Kcal
Protein = 0g
Carbohydrates = 0g
Fat = 100g
(Of which are Saturated Fat = 93.9g)
Fibre = 0g
Cholesterol = 0g
Sodium = 0g

Taste / What to eat it with?:
The product tasted delicious, nutty, coconut-y and refreshing. I eat 2 tablespoons a day with oats, soup, yogurt, smoothies, protein shakes, coffee, tea, toast, biscuits, muffins, homemade cakes and salads. I found that the product significantly improves their taste. My Chicken salad usually tastes very bland but when I added hot coconut oil to it, it make a considerable difference. I also enjoyed eating it on its own. When cooking, it has a smoke point of 177 Deg C / 350 oF.

Results:

Skin (Face): (Every other day)

Hair: (Every other day)

Storage:

Negatives:
The only 2 negatives that I could identify with product was the price and hardness, however this is quite common with all other best quality Raw Organic Virgin Coconut products.

Should you be buying it?:

Value:

What else could you buy for your money?:
Lucy Bee's nearest rival is "Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil". I found that the taste and health benefits were identical. The only difference between the 2 is the price. The prices of both products fluctuate on Amazon therefore I usually buy whichever one is the cheapest at the time (Refer to separate Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil review for more details).

on 17 September 2015
Very nice indeed, nice smell, lovely on your face. Mix with Apple Cider Vinegar and will heal your scars quickly. Will buy again.
on 23 June 2016
I have become a big fan of organic oils these days and this coconut oil is really very good. I use it to condition my hair and I could see the effect in just 3 uses. Incredible Oil.
I also use it for oil pulling but this will take some time to reflect the effects, so I would update my review later in couple of weeks about this, but yes, it tastes really good compare to other oils, I have tried before.
I did a hell lot of research before choosing the right unfiltered organic coconut oil but this one is really raw and certified organic oil available in the market currently among the other fake labeled products.
It is as good as it gets these days. Excellent and smooth quality. Coconut oil has lots of health benefits and to top that up with something as good as this particular product it just takes it miles apart from the rest of the cheaper versions out there.
Highly Recommended to go for it without any second thought if you are in hunt of a real unrefined organic coconut oil. You won't regret, I bet.
on 1 May 2015
I have suffered 19 years with psoriasis with an unsightly, itchy ever expanding patch on my leg. Having totally given up on GP treatments I purchased this item back in May 2014 and started applying it twice a day. I am remarkably pleased to say that after about 4-5 months my psoriasis patch on my leg had completely cleared. I continued applying for a couple of weeks after it had cleared then stopped treatment to see if it would return. Happily I can say nearly a year later my leg is still clear. Astounding result. I can only say this worked for me, I cannot say it will work for other sufferers but if you do suffer and have resigned yourself, like I did, to the believe that there is no cure, give it a try, so glad I did. I have even attached photos to support my review. I have no ties with the product, this is not a promotional advert, just a genuine customer with a good review to share. Ps, not only does it taste good on the food it's also a fantastic after sun moisturiser.
review image review image review image
11 comment| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 July 2013
I have tried a few of these before but this is the one I keep coming back to, it's great for cooking and baking and it's great value too. I would highly recommend :-)
This is a superb quality Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil and it is my now regular purchase. I first started reading up on the benefits of extra virgin coconut oil about a decade ago when I picked up a book all about it. The scientific research into its health properties which benefited the whole body from the skin to the immune system, even to the brain and digestion won me over and I bought my first jar. I have never looked back. The only thing I complained about with the other brand I used to buy every month was the fact that it came in a plastic jar! When I saw this brand available on Amazon I swapped over as in my opinion, this natural foodstuff should not really be provided in plastic tubs/jars etc. but in glass.

This is simply beautiful and is like a one pot wonder in so many ways. I use this on my hair, my face (it is superb as a once a week deep treatment for the skin - to feed it, keep it wrinkle free and to heal any skin blemishes etc.) I eat it from a spoon, I use it for frying food and I sometimes spread it on toast in place of butter for health benefits. It does not oxidize at high heat so is superb for frying!

The people's of foreign lands who live, eat and breathe coconuts are some of the healthiest in the world. This is high-fat but it is GOOD FAT that your body needs to metabolize food and to provide natural, healthy energy to the body. I could write a book about the health and beauty benefits of extra virgin coconut oil but instead, go buy a book about it and reap the benefits for yourself. I truly know that extra virgin coconut oil helps to keep you fit, healthy and young looking and what it does to your hair is nothing short of miraculous! Check out a few videos on YouTube if you know little about this wonder food.

Lucy Bee's is awesome! in a clear glass jar with a clean, fresh label - it tastes fresh and gorgeous and is superb top quality virgin pressed. It doesn't get better.

If you want to invest in your health and beauty, buy this, I LOVE it.
on 2 January 2016
I bought this product for hair/skin and initially was a bit concerned as to how I was going to use it as it's very hard but I read a view which suggested to rub it in your hands first!

I only used about 2 teaspoons from the pot and managed to put it on my face, hair, arms and legs so this product will definitely last a while! It feels so clean and natural and not greasy, it's very light, can barely feel it on whereas other products can seem very heavy.

It smells gorgeous but not too overpowering, like a scented candle.

Can definitely reccomend this product to anyone, all over moisturiser and hair mask in 1 healthy quite cheap product! Ditching everything else for this now!
on 30 November 2015
I am writing this feedback on behalf of my 5 years old daughter. She normally used a different cream but when I tried this coconut cream on her she liked it very much. She wouldn't use any other cream now. I had to buy a new jar. She loves the smell and thinks it is not as thick as the other cream.