on 2 August 2014
I was a bit nervous about ordering this as it is easy to find you have bought useless junk. However, I thought that £40 for something basically to search on line and play iplayer was a reasonable gamble. I am actually really pleased, the picture on iplayer is good, speed is fine and it seems like a very reasonable bit of kit for a cheap price. It does weird stuff like has a screen shot which it is way too easy to press and you end up storing a load of pointless screen shots until you can be bothered to delete them, also for some reason the browser, while it accepts that i want to use BBC as my home page still invariably goes back to the last internet page I was on. I doubt I will be using either the front or back facing cameras for anythign that matters to me, but they do work. II imagine if you push it much further than the spec it comes with there is a chance it may not be great, but for something to look at online iplayer films etc I can say i have no complaints and am a jolly happy customer. ps it came quickly but the packaging is sparce and I felt I may not have been the first person to unwrap it- it seemed to default to a chinese browser originally, but well, it works fine for me.
on 26 October 2013
(EDIT: THE FOLLOWING REVIEW WAS FOR THE OLD NATPC ECONOMY SINGLE CORE TABLET, NOT THE DUAL CORE VERSION NOW DISPLAYED IN ITS PLACE!)
This review is going to be a realistic review showcasing the product with accurate information and contents that people looking to buy this tablet will find useful. So lets get started:

First of all, I purchased the item and recieved an email saying the estimated delivery date was over 3 weeks away, however, the tablet arrived in 2 days, so dont fully rely on your estimated delivery date.
On opening, the item was well packaged and correct.
Inside the box contained the tablet itself, charger with UK pins, and a microUSB to USB cable x2 (One to connect male to male, one for male to female) as well as an instruction booklet (in illegible English to an extent its almost funny to read)

The Tablet itself: Well built, looks stylish and feels good to hold. Takes about 20 seconds to boot up and initialise for use, and contains base apps such as flash player, youtube, facebook and the official Google Play Store. The resolution of the screen is average, not high quality but decent enough to make out good detail. Apps run fine, however, if you are someone who enjoys gaming, then this tablet is not for you. Simple graphical games such as angry birds, fruit ninja and similar games it can handle fine, but anything above this more graphically intense, such as Dead Trigger, Deer hunter 2014 or 3d ,fast paced or resource hungry games will still open ok and run, but the tablet cannot handle the games and the player will experience very laggy gameplay, extremely low fps and if the game demands too much, a total quit to the homepage.

Moving on from the gaming section, the internet sector is fine and good quality. Connecting to WIFI is quick and reliable with a good range, and the speed online is quick and downloads relatively speedy, providing you are not demanding too much at one time from it.

Storage is decent at 8 GB out of the box, with the option for a MicroSD card increasing that size, so storage is excellent and no problem.

Battery: the battery is of average quality, with it taking around 2-3 hours to fully charge. If there is heavy use of the tablet (eg. games, internet use etc) then the battery will deplete in around 3 hours. If used less regularly or left on standby, you can expect it to last around 12-24 hours on one charge.

Camera's: Two camera's, one front and back facing, not very good quality, still can pick up detail but a little grainy and not too special.

Audio: The speaker on the tablet, although alright quality, is relatively quiet and you will have a difficult time even on full volume hearing much audio in a populated place. Earphone slot is available though and provides decent audio.

Speed of tablet as a whole: Don't expect lighting quick reactions. Although relatively speedy on the home screen, once you start using apps and navigating around, it will slow down a little, (eg. taking 1-3 seconds to respond after tapping something, or freezing for about 5 seconds if there is some multiple operations occurring).
Good quality touchscreen, multitouch and responsive, however, has no proper protection initially so be prepared to clean the screen regularly.

All in all, an average android tablet that is actually a good deal at the price, however, "you get what you pay for"

Pro's:

Well built, stylish tablet
Good internet connectivity, range and speed
Decent storage with option for plenty more
Good speed providing there is not too much multitasking operations ongoing
An excellent tablet for the price payed.

Cons:
Slow graphics and tablet processor, definately not a gaming tablet for any graphically enjoyable games.
Battery life depletes considerably quickly with use.
Average camera's, not good for quality photos or videos.
Audio speaker alright in a noise reduced environment, poor volume level in populated areas (Good with headphones however)
Occasional slowing down of tablet.

And there you have it, an unbiased, realistic review of this tablet. I will be happy to answer any further questions regarding the product.
2121 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 19 June 2014
I work in the construction industry and wanted a cheap no nonsense tablet that:-
1) I could use to download and view drawings and documents.
2) Send and receive E-Mail on the go via MiFi
3) Would not cause floods of tears if it was damaged, lost or stolen whilst using in a far from perfect environment.

This little baby has ticked all the above boxes.

Okay when I view and scroll around/ resize A1 and A0 sized drawings the screen is a bit blocky but it soon clears.
I have put Microsoft office on it from Google play so I can update schedules, forms and the like on the go rather than having to do it when I get home in the evening and as an added bonus I can copy everything onto an external SD card for easy use between different devices.

The WiFi was easy to set up and is as quick if not better than the laptop indoors.
The battery life seems to be fine for now although time will tell how long that lasts.

I have put BBC i player on it and that works really well but had to get BBC media player as well, 4OD worked straight away with no problems but have not had much luck with ITV player even after getting Adobe air.
It handles basic games well unless you have to tilt the screen to play.
The real big downside to this is the comical tiny chinglish user manual that came with it and the appalling sound quality I also had problems transferring files from the laptop to this to begin with but worked it out in the end.
Online help is hard to come by.

If you want a cheap entry level tablet for the sort of use that I bought this for or to keep a younger child happy then it is a winner.
If you want i-pad performance then i suggest you pay the extra £300 + and buy one but you will not have an external SD slot or be able to use office.

However if you do decide to buy the natpc search around the different sellers to see who has online support and what comes pre installed, the price varies little and you will be up and running sooner.

Hope this helps and I will update if things change for better or worse.

11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 1 July 2014
Although very pleased with the speedy delivery (2 days) was disappointed with the item itself....it was for my son who is more than disappointed as it does nothing but crash all the time to the point of being unusable
on 19 March 2013
Bought this as an attempt to reclaim my Android and Apple phones from my 8 yr old. Like the title says so far so good! Only had it out of the box for a few hours but already I am impressed with the quality of the device for the price. If you are looking for a tablet that you won't have to sell one of your kidneys for then this is the one for you. Will be used mostly for games and Youtube and at this price (£69.99) if it gets broken, i'm not gonna be crying for too long!!

I'll update if there are any problems, but hopefully not.

A quick update... Everything is wonderful. The tablet can be a bit laggy sometimes but obviously I'm not expecting a super speedy system at this price. It's held up to a few knocks and drops with no problems whatsoever and is an absolutely perfect buy for kids. Would definitely recommend this product. And this fantastic seller!!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 4 July 2014
Really not a great product, had so many problems , new to send it back and be fixed as it's totally clapped out after 4 months of purchase to ages to be sent to me as well
on 17 May 2014
was good to start with, unfortunately had to send it back after only a week. the device just stopped working.sent it all the way back to China!!! still waiting for a replacement. apart from this the device was really good.
on 27 May 2014
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY !!
Bought 2 devices and both started crashing & freezing a lot of the time. In the end after only 5 months of on off use ( when it did actually work) I've contacted the seller to return & refund in full, WHICH THEY WILL NOT REFUND, only offered to repair & return which I am not happy with. The last time my husband tried to reset it rebooted in Chinese, Rubbish device !!!
on 5 September 2013
This is really good value for money. I had no experience of Android tablets but it didn't take long to get to grips with this. So far I've managed to connect to my Wi-fi, do some web brousing, look at the maps, set up and use E Mail and play one of the games this came pre-loaded with - all without much trouble. The odd question I've had I've been able to google and find an answer to quickly. Really I can't see me wanting to do much more on this so it suits my needs well without having to spend an arm and a leg.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 7 August 2014
Although mine was faulty, the seller refunded with no problems, and good communication!

So, the product is fine - the fault I had was when I plugged it in to charge, the screens would change and even open up Google Search and type random characters.

So, the screen resolution of this is quite poor, there are better (at this price range).

Good spec for this price range.

I used it for internet surfing (works great, a YouTube video played fine).
I used it for supplying backing tracks for rock gigs (playing MP3s) and it worked great
I downloaded Angry Birds, and it ran fine

Whilst it obviously isn't intended for gaming use, if you are just an internet surfer, some one who needs a back up device, or a cheap tablet for a child (where you know it will only be a matter of time before it breaks!) then it's great.

Over all, it didn't feel like a great build quality, but, no problems based upon price. It didn't feel like it was going to fall apart!!

It seemed to be unbranded.

Cheap and cheerful, you get what you pay for but the tablet does the job (despite mine being faulty)