on 28 February 2011
Great light weight under trousers for use with cycle trousers or waterproofs. Keep you warm, but not too warm. used daily on frosty (-3C) morning cycle commute. Would recommend for most situations, except the previous (-16C) cold snap when you may want to go for the LIFA Warm(pro-wool) version.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 November 2013
These are great to wear as a base layer in the Winter but beware of the sizing as they are a very very tight fit. I went off the Amazon sizing chart for 34" waist which recommends a medium and they were way too small, so I would go at least a size larger than your normal size if you have muscular legs.
on 26 February 2012
Perfect, kept me warm whilst skiing. Had these on under my ski pants. And even got too hot at times. Very comfortable. I'm 5.10 and 34 inch waist and I bought the medium. They were a good fit. THe fly was handy too. If your looking for some base layers - these are as good as they come.
on 2 January 2014
I've used these myself for my gym regime and they are excellent - like a second skin and a perfect way to keep the legs warm on cold winter evenings. So I got a set for my daughter, and she agrees! The material feels special and always allows a full range of movements for all kinds of exercises
The pants are very lightweight as other similar second-skin products I have. They are perfect to wear under trousers for cycling or any outdoor activity. They are tight as they ought to be to protect the body from the cold/hot temperatures and allow the sweat to be removed. They are perfect for the London climate but they might not be thermal enough for a place like Scotland.

I had some doubts regarding what size was right for me after I read other reviews saying that they were too tight. They fit me perfectly well (tight fit) for 29" waist (small) my legs are defined-mascular but not super big. I would say that S would fit up to 30" waist.
on 30 August 2011
Had these when I was in Brecon Beacons over this last winter (2010/11) and was immensely impressed. Great quality and excellent heat retention without being suffocating. I have the HH baselayer tops too which are equally impressive. I guess some may balk at the price but I think the product will last a good few seasons. Also, you could possibly pick up some spare ones on the back of the end of season sales.
on 3 August 2013
Bought these for my significant other. He loves them. They are comfortable, cozy and warm. They have lasted him almost two years, and still fit the same way they did when I bought them for him. They didn't shrink, or stretch out over time. They are breathable, and perfect to wear in the winter, as well as in chilly fall evenings. Comfortable, light-weight, great quality. Would definitely buy these again and again.
on 17 January 2013
This is a great product from Helly Hanson, i wear it with shorts over them, and also a great base layer.
great for running in wintery conditions light and thermal. not the first one iv had, but with Amazon, i recieved this within 2 days
i recomend the item to all outdoor sportmen.
Rob Eccles
Athlete Bradford.
on 7 May 2014
The only difference with this and one I bought in Dunnes Stores many years ago is the fit, this one doesn't come up to you chest.

It's a nice fit the medium for a 32" waist and it's comfy.
on 16 September 2014
Helly Hansen Base Layer. Purchased these at a greatly reduced price from Amazon. I have worn HH Base Layer for years. As quality goes you can't go far wrong with HH. Excellent.