on 14 July 2013
I read 'A Street Cat Named Bob' in one sitting in April last year and was completely hooked. I've shared my 47-year life with cats (not owned - you never 'own' a cat) so I know how endearing, intelligent, independent yet therapeutic they can be. However, I have never met a cat anything like Bob.

Having enjoyed James' first book so much, I was delighted that a second one had been published but a little nervous that sequels can sometimes be disappointing. How wrong could I have been. This is even better. It's written with a lot more confidence, which James obviously is starting to have in himself and that is wonderful. Bob is still the amazing cat that will happily ride on public transport, walk around the city streets and fight off muggers yet still does cat things like bring in gifts of dead mice and live frogs.

I'm really starting to believe that there is 'Karma' but, in James' case, it may be backwards as what he and Bob are doing now for the Blue Cross and the homeless charities are the 'good deeds' that he initially thought he was rewarded for, but couldn't remember, was meeting Bob.

I'm a fan of 'The Big Issue' and my husband and I regularly buy from our local seller, yet I'm appalled at the treatment James received and reported in this book. The support you're still getting from him is honorable but get your act together!
66 comments|84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 July 2013
I found this book excellent and just couldn't put it down. It is a very well written book with James telling it as it is. I would certainly recommend everyone read this book. I enjoyed the two previous books about James and Bob but this one is the best. I hope they continue writing more about their lives.
on 5 July 2013
More heartwarming tales from James and Bob. Truthfully written, the reader is drawn into their journey from the streets to charity campaigning. An emotional and easy to read book that deserves to be successful. With love to both of you. xx
on 5 July 2013
This second volume brings James and Bob's story up to the present day - and it's great to see how well they're both doing! Loved it
on 15 July 2013
Such a good book, read it in 24 hours. He transforms the pain of his last life into a beautiful story of how someone forms a life changing account and life with a animal. How they meet under extraordinary circumstances and forge a life together. I live this book and the previous book. If you want a good book to read which is funny, happy and sad at the same time, then I ask you to buy this book
on 6 July 2013
Loved hearing the next chapter. So sad I've finished it. Good luck to James and Bob in their new adventures.
on 19 July 2013
Great follow-on book. Couldn't put it down and completed it in one sitting. Wish them both well for a long and healthy future together
on 16 July 2013
I read the first book and ordered this to get it as soon as it was out. I couldn't put ot down and loved reading more about Dr Bob and his antics not forgetting James too.
on 5 July 2013
The continuing tale of a man and his cat. James and Bob have continued where their last book finished. This book makes you laugh and cry. James tells us his story, warts and all and we learn more about the amazing 'Doctor' Bob. You will have to read the book to find out all that Bob gets up to and what an incredible cat he is. Well done to the both of you for another best seller. I am now waiting for the next book and the film.
on 4 July 2013
I finished this book in a morning! James has had a troubled time and is not afraid to acknowledge his faults. The love he shares with Bob is deep and unbreakable and I wish them both many happy times. Hugs to James and ear scritches for Bob. X