on 14 November 2013
I think I'm pretty ok at waxing as have been doing it a number of years. Saw this and thought I'd give it a go. Useless! Its going in the bin after I complain direct to veet. The wax isn't strong enough to pull out hair. Nothing and I mean nothing came out after trying to let the wax cool then pull it off with a wax strip, not letting the wax cool and solidify and then pulling it off with a wax strip. I tried all methods I could think of and nothing came off.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Designed for the face and perhaps that’s why the effect seemed more delicate. However, results were inconsistent and touching up/second applications were necessary depending on hair growth. In particular it didn’t seem very effective at a maintenance level, which is a pity because it is a very portable item.

The kit contains a precision applicator that dispenses wax from one end and aftercare cream from the other, some fabric strips and a detailed instruction leaflet. Place the wax end of the applicator in a mug of hot water for one minute, squeeze a small amount of wax onto the area to be treated, cover with a strip and pull away as quickly as you dare.

Any wax that remains on the skin after the strips have been removed washes off easily with water, so if you do decide you don’t want to pull a strip off, you can remove it without discomfort. Holding the skin taut at the removal site is key to minimizing discomfort and maximizing hair removal so bear that in mind if you apply to the eyebrows; you might just want someone else helping out for that.

This has a place for ad hoc use and is gentler than some solutions, which is ideal if you have experienced rashes from other products. However, it may prove too gentle for some. I suspect that a lot depends on the characteristics of your face and I will be using it as a standby product.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Got this with the hopes it would help my little hair growth problem on my chin, I have dermotillomania and trichotillomania (skin picking and hair pulling disorders) so I get black hairs on regrowth under my chin. I had HOPED this would work, but in essence, it just didn't.

It goes on like that horrible school glue (the clear stuff that looked like honey) despite being put in a cup of boiled water for over a minute, and when you put on the strip, it barely even seems to stick to it. You pull the strip off, the WAX doesn't even come off, the strip remains nearly dry with just a little grease stain on it. I attempted numerous times following the direction with no success. I tried variations, leaving the wax on longer with the strip but to no avail.

Not a single hair was removed. Not even any of the soft hairs that would usually come away easily with a bit of scotch tape! This product is a disgrace. How are Veet actually making money? Third time this year a Veet product has let me down and I have to say, this business really needs to be taken down, they are obviously ripping people off with faulty products.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The major problem with this item is it does work, but in order for it to work you have to have sufficient hair growth for the wax to attach to.

So, if for example, you allow the hair to grow to 1/2 to 3/4 CM in length the results are fine.

So leaving an unsightly moustache area for a few weeks will create an idea environment for this product but in the meantime you may need to go out with these. 25x Brown Paper Carrier Bags with Flat Handles - 25cm x 30cm x 14cm (be careful when cutting eye holes)

So, it's ok but you're probably best having the "unsightly hairs" threaded off at a salon or paying 58p for this Epistick Epilator Facial Hair Removal Tool (Comes Complete With English Instructions On How To Use, Courtesy of RazorBlades4u)
on 16 August 2013
Aplay easily, but doesn't do the job. All the hair stays... Really disappointed in this product. To bad, it's a good idea.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I received this free through the Amazon Vine review programme.

That price was still too much.

This is a horrible, horrible product. It seems simple enough to use - heat the tube by sticking it in hot water, apply where wanted using the precision-shaped tube, apply a cloth strip... et voila!

Exactly nothing happens. Except you put some nasty, sticky goo on your face.

Thankfully, a restricted amount of nasty, sticky goo - and anything that didn't come off with the strips does wash off readily. Nice smelling and feeling after care lotion, but since exactly nothing happens with the wax this is completely redundant.
on 12 November 2013
No good it does not work, the strips did not work, I prefer the microwave wax with no strips. Hated it.
on 4 August 2013
Don't bother is rubbish the wax is crap and it don't even work - your better of plucking . !!!
VINE VOICEon 6 April 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Interesting to see the negative reviews of this product - I was quite pleased with it. I found it removed hair efficiently from small, fiddly areas like the "monobrow" section between the eyebrows, or the range of untidy stragglers I tend to get above and below my natural eyebrow line. I've tried facial wax strips on those areas before and they're a little too big to do the job with any kind of precision. The beauty of this stuff is that you can daub it wherever it's needed, and then all you do is press one of the provided fabric strips down hard over the top and rip off quickly against the direction of hair grtowth. It worked fine!!!

A couple of tips - make sure the wax is heated properly (test it's not too hot on your wrist first) and put it back in the hot water between waxings so it doesn't cool down and get too solid to use. Press the fabric strip down firmly and stroke it firmly a few times before ripping it off. Rip it off fast - you catch more hair that way. Don't get water in it. And don't expec to get it 100% right the first time - I found it took 2 or 3 tries before I'd learned the knack.

I've given it 4 stars instead of 5 purely because it has fairly limited usefulness - It wouldn't be so ideal for larger areas like upper lip or chin. I don't really need to attack those very often as my facial hair is fine and blonde, but a prewaxed strip would probably be a better bet. I'll certainly buy this again to use on my eyebrows though - it's a lot less trouble than tweezing!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 February 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As someone who has never waxed due to fear of pain, I decided to give this a go because I figured that small areas must be easier and less painful. My speculation was partly right, though without trying to wax something bigger, have nothing to compare to! My vision of waxing pain involves hairy legged men raising money for charity, and I certainly don't have that much hair anywhere! So, if this is to be your first encounter with waxing, wipe that image out of your head, follow the simple instructions and give it a go!

As a first time user of wax, I followed the instructions carefully, and luckily they were very clear and easy to follow. After heating the wax for a minute in boiled water, I did a tiny test section just between my eyebrows where I have a few stray eyebrow hairs with some very fine fair hairs, and I hardly felt a thing, looked at the strip, and there were my irritating stray hairs! I proceeded to shape both eyebrows carefully, especially as I have a very old scar along the edge of one, meaning I have a few annoying hairs just above the scar that I have wished were gone for many years. Now, I have no stray hairs, and dong it didn't hurt at all, even the worst parts were no worse than removing a plaster. The only pain I have is the after pain!

The waxed area feels hot and looks red, and I used the soothing cream from the kit after washing away the residue (easily) with soapy water. The cream hasn't really soothed it, but it feels very smooth and moisturised, so I expect the 'burn' will go off during the day. My trial experience was a good tester and made me think I could try a larger area next time, an opinion miles away from my previous "wax? me? no way! NEVER!"
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse