on 8 December 2013
I'm not going mince my words here , but this thing is BIG ! HUGE ! MAHOOSIVE !
I have bought this for my son for Xmas and this thing is going to tower over him. Yes , it does say on the box 3 years and up and my son who is not quite there yet (as my wife kindly pointed out) , but I would have killed for something like this when I was his age , which is probably why I bought it as it brought out the big kid in me , but for £19.99 its an absolute bargain , although the price does seemed to have increased substantially since I bought it !
There is also a Batman and Superman (Man of Steel version, i.e: pantless) which are the same size and I will no doubt buy for myself... I mean , buy for my sons birthday!
The articulation of this is not great I'll admit , and its more like the original Star Wars action figures that you used to buy way back when , just on a giant scale. Saying that , this is a real treat for kids (and dads) out there compared to some of the rubbish you can buy , and the detailing is superb.
It could have done with a voice box or some flashing lights but don't let that put you off... Fewer batteries to buy or scavenge for on the big day and as any parent will tell you , the quieter the toy , the better !
If you can put up with hearing "I have you now!" for the 100th time within 5 minutes then there is a deluxe version with all the bells and whistles for a bit more cash.
Personally , you can't go wrong with this one.
on 16 September 2013
Very good figure. The likeness of the figure is very good. This thing is huge, I collect neca 1/4 scale figures and this thing makes them look like dwarfs. It is surprisingly light as well. Worth every penny!
It's big. It's dark. It's Darth Vadar. Mrs Wolf, as I have mentioned previously in these
venerable pages, is a huge Star Wars fan (she's a bit of a Whovian too truth-be-told!)
so I thought I'd take a punt on this as an early Christmas present. It was a good move!

It's 31" tall and extraordinarily well-detailed for the price. The body is made of
moulded plastic and the cape and skirt (Darth in a skirt!) are both black fabric.
Some of the parts are moveable and he's got a light-sabre attached to his belt.
Standing up the model balances perfectly and stays on its feet surprisingly well.

Tigs The Cat is intrigued.

A knockout gift both for youngsters and big kids at heart.

Highly Recommended.
22 comments3 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 November 2013
This guy looks great in my home-cinema.
I bit plastic-y but considering the price I got it (25 £) I'm very sastisfied.
Cape could also be a bit thicker but it's not too disturbing.
I recommand it but not for more than 30 £ IMO.

Cheers,
on 22 May 2014
This is a detailed large figure of Darth Vader.
The build quality is very high and I would expect this could withstand quite a bit of rough play from children.
I plan to add a sound card to it to add the sound of his breathing and I may add an illuminating Light sabre too.
It is sold as a toy but is detailed enough to be included in any Star Wars collection.
on 23 October 2015
I gave this product a 5-star rating, because I knew what I was ordering and because of the effect it had, when it was presented to a friend as a gift.
If you are ordering it for collection or decoration you're gonna love it, because of the amount of details it has and its sheer size. Even though it's made of plastic it is quite sturdy and does not look cheap.
If you're ordering it as a toy for playing you'll definitely be a bit disappointed, because it's very rigid and its 7-point articulation does not come across very convincing. Plus your child might take a swing with it and knock down some of your home decoration, as it is light and big.

As I said, the receiver of the Darth Vader gift was amazed by it and it is now standing next to his TV set, so I have to give it 5 stars. Oh, and the force is also strong in this one, as the friend's cat and dog go way around it each time they pass by :)
on 24 March 2014
Since we bought it my kid is mad about this toy.

The size is outsantding, the only weak point is that it doesn't make any sound at all.

Anyway we're 100 % happy with it
on 31 October 2014
Absolutely love it... It was actually meant to be a gift for my 3yr old son but when it came, I realised that it would probably more age appropriate for the average 33yr old like myself :-)
on 28 December 2014
Awesome! For the price you get a gigantic bit of childhood memories.

I can't say the build quality or materials used are top-notch - hence keeping the price reasonable - but what you get for what you pay is exceptional.

Good attention to detail on the major parts can see this being used as a bit of a talking point, and he's now taking pride in protecting the media room from those rebel scum.
on 18 December 2014
This is a fantastic buy for my 6 year old Grandson's Xmas, I just know he will love it as I myself really like it.
It is a great size and would even be good for an Adult or Teen fan of Star Wars.
My first arrived damaged and I was gutted as it looked so good but we managed to get another one at the same price elsewhere so I am more than happy.It doesn't make any sounds etc but it is a stunning model.

See one answered question