on 2 January 2014
This monitor has been great for 3 and a half months. It was bought for my daughter to enlarge the display of her 12" notebook when working in the study and it does an excellent job. The display is bright and it is easy to set up.

However, today we discovered that it no longer works. There is no power to the unit at all despite having tested the power lead and fuse. I fear the problem could be with the row of buttons along the front which are 'touch' control. Personally, I haven't had great experience of this type of switch - I prefer 'proper' click on/click off mechanical buttons. Anyway, no amount of prodding makes it come back on again so it is being sent back for a refund.

A word here about returning goods. Any attempt via the website to send an item back to Amazon outside 30 days of it being purchased sends you in circles which will infuriate you and is probably designed to put you off. If Amazon or any other retailer suggests that you return the item to the manufacturer for a repair or replacement, they're wrong. Under the Sale of Good Act, your contract is with the retailer that you bought the goods from. This advice is extracted from the January 2014 issue of the Which? magazine in the article "Returning faulty goods|Investigation". Amazon scores only 1/12 in the review (the worst score).

When an item develops a fault before it would reasonably be expected to do so, you have a remedy against the retailer, even beyond the warranty period. This is determined by the Sale of Good Act. You are entitled to a full refund if the fault is identified within 4 weeks of purchase. Outside 4 weeks, you are not entitled to a full refund but you are entitled to ask for a replacement or repair. This also applies to good bought in a sale - the only exception is any goods bought were fault or damage was declared at the point of sale.

So here is some advice on how to resolve the issue with Amazon:

Go straight to and select the yellow 'Contact Us' button under 'General Support'. Skip Option 1 and select the issue and issue details. I selected 'Problem with an order or item' and 'Item does not work, is damaged or a part is missing'. The go to Option 3 and select 'start chatting'.

Don't be put off by the Live Chat feature. It is the best way to get the issue resolved. Before you start the chat, select the option to have the conversation sent to your email. This is really useful if you need to make a complaint later on - especially if the contact handler provides incorrect advice or information. The opening gambit is to politely provide the order number, the make/model, when it was purchased and a clear description of the fault. After a few exchanges and a few minutes delay, the contact handler will tell you that the item is outside the 30 day return period and then copy and paste several paragraphs of text as follows:

"I've checked and found that return window has expired on [XYZ Date]. Rest assure your item is still under warranty.
One option that we find often enables our customers to get to a quick resolution of their issue is by visiting the manufacturer's website or contacting them directly as they may be able to offer helpful troubleshooting and support for this issue. If you would like to do that we can send the manufacturer's details to you.
We'd suggest that you check with the manufacturer to find out whether this is a known issue. They'll have specialist knowledge of their own products and in many cases they may be able to diagnose and resolve the problem immediately. Of course, if they can't help you, please let us know and we'll be happy to help."

The correct response to this is something like this:

"I know about your returns policy and that the 30 day window has expired. However, I am also aware of my rights under the Sale of Goods Act to return a product which develops a fault before it would be reasonably expected to do so directly to the retailer. Respectfully, I would prefer to send it back to you for either a replacement model of the same or higher specification, a repair or for a full refund."

After this, they will still try again to suggest it is easier for you to approach the manufacturer but they should also offer to 'process a refund or replacement as per your choice'. Thank them very much and then they'll email a postage-paid returns label which you can print out and send back via I opted for a refund as they offered it but I'd have been very happy for a replacement. If it doesn't go well, you can try mentioning 'Sale of Goods Act' again with the words 'I am aware of my rights' and 'My contract is with the retailer, not the manufacturer'. If you still don't get any joy, try mentioning that you've read the Which? report in the January 2014 issue and noted that Amazon only scored 1/12 'very poor'. Amazon are also reported by Which as saying

"Products that become defective within 12 months can be returned for a full refund or replacement, irrespective of any manufacturer warranty. After 12 months, we advise customers to contact the manufacturer for support and troubleshooting. Thereafter, we will take into consideration all facts and circumstances on a case-by-case basis to provide a fair solution. will review the instances highlighted by Which? as they do not appear to be consistent with the typical customer experience."

It is clear than Amazon have a long way to go if they are to remedy the poor score in Which? but I have found that if you follow this process, you'll not go far wrong.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 October 2013
I read through a lot of reviews for a lot of different pc monitors before deciding on this one, and I feel I definitely made the right choice.
Easy to set-up, auto-configurated itself with me only having to decrease the brightness slightly, though that was my personal preference, can't quite believe how crisp and clear the quality of the picture is.
The monitor/stand is sturdy, tidy and frees up a fair bit of space on my desk.
Contrary to what a handful of reviewers have stated, the monitor position IS adjustable, can be swivelled and tilted from the stand.
The touch controls I found to be extremely pleasing to use and not at all confusing or used by accident if you're aware of where they are, they're marked with a description on the front of the monitor whether icon or text and are a good 4 inches away from the desk so its near impossible to access them by accident reaching underneath the monitor.
I did read one review who gave it a 2 because he got sent a 2-pin plug, well I also got a 2-pin plug but alongside it was also the native 3 pin plug so big Kudos to Samsung for supplying both cables.
The stand has a very glossy finish and doesn't seem to want to hold fingerprint marks at all which is excellent, and I doubt it takes much maintenance to keep it dust free, if any.

All-in all I couldn't be happier with my purchase, took a few minutes to set up from unboxing to trying out with movies, games and general internet use.
It was just what I was looking for and more, highly recommended.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 July 2013
I bought this to replace an HP monitor which died. Hp quality was VG, this is much better. And it tilts ! Recommended.
on 13 May 2013
Very good screen for the price. (And it can tilt youhou !)

Native resolution of 1920X1080. If you have a ATI card and have trouble when you have it set at that resolution(10mm black gap all round on the edges), here is the solution:

Catalyst Control Center >>> My Digital Flat Panels >>> Scaling Options >>> Set overscan to 0%.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 August 2013
Good value monitor.HDMI input. Nice picture and resolution. No audio built in however so do not buy unless you have alternative audio arrangements unless you want video only.
on 15 January 2014
I bought this monitor as a replacement for my old monitor as i was using a low quality monitor with low res and small screen.
This monitor looked great as i took it out of the package and worked great as soon as i plugged it in. The picture quality was excellent and i was thoroughly impressed with the colours.

I was going to give this monitor as 5 star rating, one that it deserves were it not for a problem that developed about a week after opening it. I use this monitor for both work and games and i noticed that every 10 minutes or so, it would black out for a few seconds and then come back on again. I checked all the cables and nothing was lose so i started using it again. A pattern i have seen emerging is that the longer i use the monitor for, the more frequent the blackouts are. Were it not for this annoying bug the monitor would recieve the 5 * rating it deserves.

I will be contacting amazon about getting a replacement monitor as i truly hope this is a bug only on my monitor in particular, judging by other people's reviews it is, and i will be able to get a working monitor from them.

If i get a replacement that works, i shall change my review to a 5* one.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 September 2013
Came quite quickly and its great, works perfect for my new pc and is also touch buttons which I didn't actually know haha win. I paid £105 i did look around and this is the cheapest I found for a great monitor. Well iv'e only had it for two days but so far I'm pleased.
on 20 August 2013
Well mine came in 2 days out of the box and setup in 5 minutes. I bought this after reading all the other 5 star recommendations and can only say it's fantastic, the best buy around at this price. So another 5 stars.
on 7 April 2014
Bought from Amazon by my wife as a birthday present for me. Connected it up today (via HDMI) to my Dell Inspiron PC, and the only thing I had to do - since my old monitor was VGA-only - was switch monitor off and back on so that the computer recognised the HDMI connection. Controls easy to work with once you've figured them out, and picture quality and resolution are excellent. Despite my PC being a few years old, I'm getting maximum resolution (1920x1080) and full-screen images in the correct aspect. Screen can be set up ridiculously bright, but simply adjust to your personal preferences - I've reduced Brightness value to a mere 20, for instance.

Two admin things to note: 1) Samsung claims its 2-year warranty is only valid if warranty card is completed, including dealer's stamp and signature (the latter impossible since ordered from Amazon). 2) I tried to register the product on Samsung's website, but the list of model names given to choose from does not include this particular product and the site does not recognise it if you type it in manually, so I could not complete the registration. Presumably one reason is that the S22C300H is a discontinued model, but that's not very buyer friendly, Samsung. Upshot is that now I'm now signed up to 'My Samsung' support site for no good reason! Anyway, all that aside, this seems to be a monitor offering excellent value.
on 16 July 2014
It's quite a good monitor, but the sad part is that nowadays there are no other alternatives, other monitors don't represent the same value for money or don't have as many features as this one.
4 stars because this monitor is incompatible with nVidia GTX760 and screen sometimes goes black, so beware as this might happen to you as well (hardware incompatibility).