Format: DVD|Change

on 26 September 2013
If you enjoyed the broadcast series this is well worth the purchase. Excellently crafted drama with some outstanding actors. I have become a big Connie Britton fan because of this show. I love Hayden Panetierre, too. I never really thought much of country music before this show, but little did I know that all I had heard was the old school stuff. The music in this show is incredible. I have bought all the music as well and nothing else gets played in my car at the moment.

Connie Britton should have won the Emmy, even though I love Clare Danes in Homeland. One day she will actually win instead of getting constantly nominated but not winning.

Btw if you like Nashville, try Friday Night Lights. It's really good!
on 12 May 2013
Cant say I was a huge fan of country music, but started watching the programme on More 4. I love it so much, the music is great the storylines, electric.
There is some pretty tight editing, and so much drama can take place in one episode, but the series is unmissable.
I love Rayna and Deacon and Scarlet and Juliette.
I've cried at the heartbreak, thank goodness I watch this alone, and horoughly loved it so much I've bought the CD soundtracks, and play the first one released regularly.
I wish the UK could make such rounded, dramatic well written dramas. Nothing really compares.
There's drama, love, political intrigue and music and rivallry. It's better than Dallas in its heyday and deserves a huge audience. I'm thoroughly impressed. The supporting actors cannot be faulted either, and there is enough back story for each to make them rounded and likeable and interwoven through the plots. I'm preordering the DVD too .
on 12 July 2014
I've watched Nashville season 1 twice, and would recommend it to anyone that doesn't take themselves too seriously. My friend currently has my dvd and I'm so jealous that she has it all to look forward to!

The plot is predictable, the dialogue is terrible, but it looks great, it's full of pretty people and the songs are genuinely ace. As bubblegum tv goes, it doesn't come better than Nashville s1.
on 1 October 2013
Yes Nashville is the best TV show of all time. Connie Britton rocks! The music too is excellent, just a great series.
on 1 October 2013
Great series and really good music. Dead easy to play this agin and again. Can't wait for the next one
on 9 September 2013
The Season 1 of Nashville lived up to and beyond my expectation.

Great music.

I am really looking forward to Season 2

D S
on 29 April 2013
I must admit, I had some reservations about Nashville prior to its premiere on More4. Country music isn't really my style, it looked like another on of those dull adult dramas (think Brothers and sisters; Nip Tuck; Dirty Sexy Money). I also thought their was a chance Nashville was going to be Glee for grown ups. It isnt any of these, and I loved it from the first episode, and after a while became hooked completely!

Now onto my favourite cast members:

Hayden Panettaire already was one of my favourite actresses after her work on Heroes (I made it through the third season purely because of her). She is now my favourite TV actress of the millennium to date. She handles the character of Juliette Barnes with great panache. At first I thought she was a really spiteful young woman, but they gave her a backstory of such believable sadness I couldn't help but warm to her.

However, it is Connie Britton as Rayna James who surprised me. I had never heard of her before this series, but she simply is Rayna James. I never truly warmed to this character, but I believe in this woman without a shadow of doubt. I would like to see her win more awards for this role.

Now...the music.

When this show started I was going through a bit of a Fleetwood Mac revival in my life. I was obsessed with Rumours and Tusk and all the drama surrounding them. The intensity of those albums found its equal in this show. I can't recall any specific song titles, but the first episode ended with this absolutely haunting duet that sent shivers up my spine. All the songs are brilliant. I have every faith that all these songs could have been massive hits had they been released as commercial pop songs.

The singing...often a bit twee but always listenable. Clare Bowen has the finest. Her role as Scarlett O'connor is without a doubt my favourite character, and her sweetness is reflected in her voice, and as her character develops, so does all her voice. Beautiful!

I won't go on in anymore details. However, I am certain the relationship between Rayna and Deacon is inspired by Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham, and their sub plot really helps push this show towards classic.

I really, really hope they keep up the quality with this show come next season, and will be getting the soundtrack albums and the DVD boxset as soon as I can afford them. Don't miss this amazing show!
88 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 September 2013
I am a fan of country music and loved this show! I wish this it was available on blue ray, but I was too impatient to wait!
Looking forward to season 2.
on 14 August 2014
Not a fan of country music but had watched some heavy boxsets and wanted something light. This was better then I thought. The music is nice and the actors/characters are likeable! Connie Britton's hair should have a show of its own!! Scarlett is a bit weak but shes a nice character all the same. A few episodes in and you'll want to search are the actors doing the singing?! And try and guess what actor is Australian and what actor is English!!! I like surprises like that!!! Definately worth a watch and am looking forward to Series 2. If you love the music from the show you can buy the soundtrack. Some of the songs are very catchy!
on 14 December 2013
I rented this series on LoveFilm when I took out a free trial as I had missed it when it aired on TV and had really fancied watching it. I am a fan of country music and thought it could be good. My sister had watched it and said it had been their favourite program on TV at the time so I was keen to see it. Well, I was so glad I did!! I just loved it and was hooked from the very first episode. The acting is brilliant! I loved the music and found myself sitting up til the early hours as I just kept wanting to watch just one more episode. Cannot wait now for the second series!!! Far better than expected.