on 17 November 2013
I was considering this (AOC i2369VM) or the AOC i2367FH which are almost identical except that this model (2369VM) has not only 2 x HDMI, 1 x VGA as per i2767FH but also a DisplayPort, MHL capability, VESA mount and mains cable direct into the monitor (no separate power supply brick)

So, how does it perform I hear you asking? - well it performs very well especially for the price, text is pretty sharp, colours are natural and a more defined than the previous 22" LG (22LS4r) monitor that it replaced, actually websites and programs appear more vibrant now.

Backlight bleed is fairly minimal and much better than other LCD's I own, although viewing a black screen in a totally dark room will reveal that the backlighting is more pronounced in the 4 corners of the screen, a trait of IPS screens apparently. With the lights on this is not noticeable under normal viewing.

No dead pixels detected.

So, yes the stand is a little wobbly and in fact the metal cast bracket on mine was actually cast a little crooked and so the stand isn't perfectly straight but once in place on the desk it's not noticeable and unless I'm dancing on my desk (only on Fridays) then the monitor doesn't wobble and other than occasional earthquake (in Southern England) I think it'll be fine!

Included in the box was an HDMI cable, VGA cable, mains cable, CD of drivers and other semi useless software (I did install the `I menu' software for controlling the screen settings via your mouse (brightness, gamma, contrast etc) and had fun figuring out how to change from Chinese to Engrish.

So, assuming you're still reading this, do I recommend it? Yes after the short time I've owned this I can say I am pleased and would get another, in fact I already own the 27" AOC 2767FH so there, I've just proved my point.

I should mention I got mine from PC Whirled for £10 more than on Amazon but needed one in a hurry, well ok, not in a hurry but I was impatient and wanted one then and there.

24 month update - just to say this is still performing perfectly, results are excellent, still recommend this monitor and very pleased with mine after using it daily for 2 years.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 April 2014
Did loads of reading around before deciding on this IPS monitor, helped partly by the Warehouse deal offering one at under 90 quid (open box but monitor in perfect condition).

Looks impressive, beautiful HD picture, very customisable, and doesn't attract dust like the shiny black bezelled monitors out there (Samsung, LG, Viewsonic etc).

Oh, and for the perfect picture try the calibration website.

EDIT: April 2014. Developed fault after 60 days, vertical line of blue pixels appeared. Being a Warehouse deal it cannot be returned to Amazon after 30 days. The risk of buying from the Warehouse deal I guess. Hopefully AOC will help? (Will update review later)

EDIT: Two days after emailing AOC direct, was offered a brand new, next-day replacement monitor, no quibbles, with remaining 3 year warranty. Excellent and friendly service from AOC. Top marks.
on 23 November 2013
For £110, I wasn't expecting much, but this monitor exceeds all of my expectations. It has beautiful aesthetics with its thin profile and remarkably small bezel. It has a surprisingly solid construction and the stand is sturdy, so nothing wobbles like on some other cheaper displays.

Being an IPS screen, it has top notch viewing angles. The anti-glare coating the panel has on it serves its purpose well, but doesn't dull the screen too much, so colours are punchy and vivid.

If there was one thing that I would want, it would be height adjustment - but in general, no display in this price range has this feature, and it isn't worth deducting a star for that reason alone. It does have tilt adjustment.

If you're looking for a really nice, affordable monitor, look no further.
on 3 May 2014
I bought two of these monitors to mount on my desk together, very pleased with the purchase.

Really good price for IPS monitors, they mount well, and are aesthetically pleasing.

I was surprised at how good gaming is on these monitors, plus everyday use, and watching films from a distance.

10/10 would buy again
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 May 2015
With a 23” LED screen this monitor delivers full HD 1080p definition and the colours are vibrant and vivid. Apparently this monitor uses the latest IPS (In-Plane Switching) “for a vibrant display and startling realistic colour reproduction”, and I have to say that it looks pretty good.

The hype tells us that there is a much wider viewing angle available than on traditional TN (Twisted Nematic LCD) panels. I did not realise this! So if you use this for entertainment, apparently everyone in the room, wherever they may be sitting, will be able to view the programme.

At the rear, the monitor has a Mobile High-Definition Link port (MHL) which means that you can connect and use a mobile phone or tablet. There are also 2 x HDMI ports and a VGA port. In addition to these features, we are told that this LED panel uses 50% less energy than other typical 4CCFL (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp) monitors.

The two 2 Watt built-in speakers are, to me, a weak point on this monitor, not providing anywhere near the amount of bass that I would like to hear.

The monitor comes with a start-up CD but this was not needed by the PC. Buttons on the front comprise on-screen menu choices and power on/off and indicator. -Glyn

Rating: Four Stars.
on 7 December 2014
Managed to pick up for £183 on amzn, and frankly, it is a great price for what is a very good monitor.

Black frame, (not overly shiny!)... with nice silver wide frame on lower side... its good style overall.

The IPS makes for great viewing, the screen is plenty bright enough. Controls are on lower right/underside of screen, with a good on/off switch. Screen res' is fine, good colours.

The circle base is actually much better than I had initially feared (I'd have preferred a rectangle base), and there is no need for a desk mount/arm, although it does have VESA mounting holes for those want it.

Energy usage is low at around 35 watts... A-grade rated... infinitely better than any old large CRT screen.

Would recommend to anyone who wants a reasonable monitor to web browse, watch TV/movies, or just general editing/design work., Clearly, it won't please the ultra-gamers who want super fast refresh rates.

For any 'normal' person though... this is a great product. Absolutely 5 stars.. for price and overall build quality/design.

*Am new to AOC brand, but now that I've this product, will definitely buy AOC again.
VINE VOICEon 3 September 2014
I bought this to go in between two aoc-i2367fh 23 inch monitors .

Being a newer model there have been a few improvements. Firstly the stand is a much better quality and design, but even so it still leans. I double checked with my phone (spirit level) and it leans a little to the right. But being that it is between two other monitors it is probably more noticeable.

The overall quality of the monitor is better than the two others next to it. The colour and vibrancy is superior, text is much sharper. Also the control buttons are in a more reasonable place.

Speakers are as per the course quite tinny. But given the price point the overall package is really great value.

Overall if money is a bit tight and you want an IPS widescreen then I would recommend this model. It certainly represents value for money.
on 4 April 2015
Absolutely an amazing panel, looks great and also makes gaming look so much more pleasant than a regular TN panel. I can't recommend this enough and I have suggested it to all of my friends who need a new monitor. Most of which have gotten it and love it. Makes my whole setup pop too.
Just want another for my xbox now.
review image
on 18 October 2014
For the price, you really can't grumble. Really nice IPS display. Speakers aren't anything to shout about, but are seriously handy if you don't have a speaker set up, and they don't add much to the thickness of the screen. I currently have mine mounted on a two-screen arm and will be purchasing a second soon.
review image
on 1 March 2014
The monitor is well worth the money, it looks good and i had no problem of setting it up, i had bought a HDMI cable as i didn't know the monitor came with one, I have no regrets buying the monitor, but i would like to point out that the speakers are not very good, tried the screen with it's speakers then connected my own seperate speakers and they sounded a lot better. i wouldn't buy this product without connecting better speakers to it.