Format: DVDChange

I've wanted to buy this since it came out, but £10 was a little too much for me at the time. Then when I noticed it last week selling for under £4 I jumped at the chance to buy it.

I have watched it twice now & totally love it. Love the fact we get to watch 1D preform songs as well as the back-stage stuff. There is also some very moving moments when the boys parents are talking.

All in all a really good DVD and will be watching it again I'm sure :)
on 1 January 2014
received quickly, one happy child, loved the concert, loved the 3d film and now she can watch it and re- live it whenever she wants, thank you one direction!
on 1 July 2015
Ok! I Got This and I'm seventy three - so there! This is a good group every bit as good as The Beatles - and I should know I come from Liverpool and knew Paul McCartney when he was going to the Hope Street School of art studying Music whilst I was studying my Craft - Decorating! So I have this feature film and where One Direction started from - not all that different to myself in Dovecot, Liverpool! I also have their albums "Take Me Home" and "Midnight Memories" but I'll review those seperately since they are magnificent in their own individual Right! Suffice to say this album is every bit as good as their latest video about Where They Are Now! :) I Gave these guys five stars but if I could've given them ten or twenty, I would have! - They're Great!
on 28 April 2014
My daughter adores this DVD, it has been a while since we bought it from amazon but she still watches it, she knows every single song on it. Excellent choice for birthday present.
on 22 May 2014
Daughter more than happy with this at Xmas. Loaded onto laptop so she can watch it with earplugs in to her little heart is content. A must for any 1 directioner!
on 13 May 2014
Great DVD if you are a one direction fan. Got this for my daughter and she stayed in her bedroom all evening
on 26 March 2014
It's a film about One Direction, of course it's good. But when Zayn buys his mum a house, gets me every time.
on 8 May 2014
It was a really good film and really enjoyed it all the way through it my favourite is Liam lol
on 9 February 2016
One Direction are one of the worlds biggest groups, and this DVD is a great way to get an insight into the group and what they are all about.

Whether you like X-Factor or not the fact that is managed to produce a group like One Direction that has taken the world by storm says something, this DVD follows them in a nice down to earth way.

It features lots of clips of the boys together with some of there best songs, its about telling their story, in their words. You have interviews and chats with all the boys but in an informal way, its the story of their early career without being a story, it just flows and tells you about them in a way that makes lots of sense.

It shows you pre and post x-factor, together with what it is like to put on a tour, the hard work, shows you how its not all about fun and games, but to be honest, they love it and you can see why.

The film is apparently non scripted, and cameras just followed the boys around, watching the movie I can believe that is true, it doesn't follow the normal concept of a film about a group, it just seems very natural and very fun. You can see the strain of doing concerts but you can also see how they support each other through the more difficult times and the fun times.

Scenes shown in trailers include footage of fans telling stories related to the band following a request posted on YouTube, as well as a comment from Simon Cowell, who was their mentor on The X Factor and is also a producer of the film as well as Morgan Spurlock.

This DVD includes a lot of additional extras not including in the original cinema release, so if you have seen this at the cinema you will see more songs and more insight in this than you did watching it at the cinema. Although Zayn has now departed them, when watching this film you will see that they all seemed happy working and singing together and no evidence of the right that currently exists between the boys and Zayn.

Whether you love One Direction or not, this movie is a great way to get a personal insight into such a well known group. Maybe it might even change your impressions if you are 1D haters. A lot of the film is dedicated to the boys and their antics, after all they are all young its to be expected. That just gives them a little charm that you often don't see just from a music video. Well not true, most of their early videos are just all about fun, although later are more professional.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 June 2014
This is one of the finest Music Documentaries I have ever come across.

You realise from watching this documentary that One Direction is not just world-wide known for their music talents, it is also their incredible personas that make them special.
This is a trait they of course they share with the Beatles.
It's their personas that really jump out of the screen in this documentary.
Each member of the group showing themselves as incredible personalities in their own right.
Their fans around the world are the most loyal, probably since Michael Jackson.
In fact, I would not be surprised if they have the same kind of fan worship on their future album releases, as Michael Jackson once did.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse