on 4 April 2015
The last time I purchased name tags was years ago when the kids where at school. On this occasion it was for marking up clothing for a relative going into a care home. I've never used the iron on type before and have painstakingly sewn in every one, but as I had a complete wardrobe to mark up, it was a daunting thought, particularly when it now takes me ages to get the cotton through the eye of a needle!

Taking the easy way out I thought I would give these iron-on type a go. The process to order was simple, all you need to do is let the supplier know what colour and name you want to go on them. Full instructions are given when you order.

The labels were a little smaller than I expected (I'm probably remembering the bigger embroidered sew-on ones), but small doesn't mean it is bad. These labels are niffy little things and I was pleasantly surprised on receipt. They are plenty big enough for purpose, rounded corners and easy to cut off the strip.

I ironed these labels on a variety of clothes/items of different fabrics and they all stuck well. It is important to have the iron hot and to remember not to iron the labels on laundry care/size labels in the clothes as this iron-on labels will just slide off. They need to be on the actual fabric of clothing. Being of a smaller size they feel more discreet and the fact that they have rounded corners means that there are no "pointy" corners to flip up and potentially peel off.

I tested an item on which I'd ironed a label a few days earlier and tried to pick it off but it was having none of it, it was well and truly stuck and wasn't going anywhere. I believe that whilst the clothes are being hot-washed in the care home, none of the labels have peeled off in washing either. They are as safe as the sew-on ones with less work involved in putting them on.

All in all, small is good, they do stay put during wearing and washing. Should I need any more name labels in the future, I will buy more of these as they do the job and look the part and save hours of sewing.
0Comment42 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 April 2013
I needed these labels for an elderly relative who was going into residential care. They arrived promptly and are extremely quick and easy to attach. Highly recommended
0Comment32 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 June 2013
Product received promptly. Originally thought ok but after ironing on as instructed, labels are now starting to come off when garments washed.
on 26 February 2014
THIS IS THE 2ND TIME I HAVE PURCHASED THESE ITEMS FROM THIS SUPPLIER, THE FIRST TIME I ORDERED 50 AND WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THE SPEED AND THE ACTUAL PRODUCT, SO ON THE SECOND OCCATION MY MOTHER WENT INTO RESPITE CARE I ORDERD DOUBLE THE AMOUNT, I.E. 100, THEY ARRIVED WELL WITHIN THE TIME FRAME QUOTED WITH THE NAME CLEARLY DISPLAYED. I WOULD HAVE NO HESITATION IN RECOMMENDING THIS COMPANY AND THERE PRODUCT.
0Comment27 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 November 2015
Excellent delivery service received next day
My problem. l have found, is that the labels are not sticking very well. Ironing them on as instructed they sometimes won,t stick .l don,t know if it's the material of the garment. It is not school clothes l purchased these labels for but for someone going into a nursing home. I have also found the labels for the shoes peel off too. Not all of them have come off but some of them have. I placed them inside the shoe carefully in an area where l thought they wouldn't be exposed to constant weight and rubbing ( inside arch bit of foot)
I bought these labels a second time because while ironing the first lot to clothes l stupidly put labels upside down on ironing board they stuck to my iron l thought my iron was ruined luckily when the iron had cooled down they simply peeled off no bother with no sticky film on my iron l was amazed
I rate them 30 out of 100 as they don,t all stick immediately. and some of the ones that do have came off the garment after a couple of washes or just came off. I,m sad they have not worked for me as I will need to order new ones . If l don't label these clothes they will go missing there for its a hassle.
on 3 February 2015
Ironed on easily and looked good to begin with. Fading slowly now they have had a few washes. I think they will last a year or so though and by then she will have grown out of these clothes so overall I would recommend.
on 20 October 2013
These name labels are great value for money easy to put on clothes and great for my little girl as I had them in pink she's able to recognize her school clothes. Would buy again
on 6 November 2015
These look good and iron well but they come off after 1 or 2 washes. I've followed all the instructions (pressing down hard with iron, no steam etc) but after spending an evening ironing on labels to my son's clothes, half of them have since fallen off. A shame because I bought these because of all the good reviews, not sure how everyone else's labels seem to be so long lasting. These were, I'm afraid, little more than useless. Will be buying the iron on tape from now on which is much better in my opinion.
on 14 September 2015
Labels were delivered quickly and everything was correct (spelling/colour etc). Attempted to use them and only 4 stuck when ironed on following the instructions to a T. Contacted Woven Labels UK and within an hour had a reply saying they would send me out a new batch no charge. Waiting to see what the new batch brings. But very impressed with customer service, I don't mind when a product isn't 100% as long as customer service is good.
on 4 August 2015
The labels are quite small and the writing is not very clear and worst of all they don't stick using an iron.
I had to use superglue which ruined the garments.
I contacted the supplier and they wanted me to return them to get a refund although they are useless to them with my son's name on them.
Not worth the hassle and the postage stamp. I ordered the blue and the whole product is just rubbish and a waste of money.