've got a few device stands and cases that double up as a stand too. I use a case/stand for my Galaxy note 2 which I seem to be using more and more lately in work and home. Dare I say rendering the i pad. . .redundant! 'gasp'

The problem with your bog standard case/stand is they are lightweight and can move easily when you type on the screen, you feel the need to put your hand behind it to support the case and phone and usually they have only one or two viewing angles. So on my desk in work I can get a glare from the lights on the screen. No good watching your just uploaded Harlem shake on your phablet in work with screenglare is it? ;)

Anyway, I've been using this EasyACC stand for a few days now and can report it's all good. Obviously it isn't a case/cover and only serves a function as a stand.

Approx 4 inches wide by 3.5 inches high and the build quality is excellent. It feels like coated Aluminium so it's quite light but extremely robust for purpose. It has rubber feet, rubber inserts and rubber backrests to ensure your device is well held and good overall stability of the stand when in use.

There's a button on the side that you press to change the viewing angle and there's loads of angles to choose from so no screen glare! Once locked into place the stand is rock steady. It looks the part too.

In our house we have a few devices and have tried this with i pad, Galaxy Note 10.1 and the Galaxy Note 2. It's all good and using the devices is a breeze in the stand. Great stability and full use of the functions. For me personally this is perfect for the desk in work with the Note 2 and using the S pen. Other than that I use this stand whilst having my usual 2 hour soak in the bath whilst listening to The Naked Scientists on the Tunein radio app or following recipies whilst on the go in the kitchen. The only 'little' niggle I have with this stand is that I can't charge stuff whilst in portrait mode. I have to turn to landscape, but. . .it's not a problem, just thought I'd mention it.

I really like this stand for what it is- a multi device viewing stand. Very stable, great build quality, easily thrown into a rucksack/bag and modern design. Perfect for watching movies, Tv, radio, Youtube and playing pool online :) Recommended.

This stand was provided for me to review.
From the very unboxing of this item, I was immensely pleased. I had been searching for a portable stand for my iPad mini for quite some time, and this nifty little dock ticked all my boxes.

PROS
-Small, portable size (approximately 3.5" x 3.5")
-Silver metal (yet lightweight) construction
-Rubber feet and holders, to prevect your device from sustaining any scratches
-Adjustable angle control (by a button on the side), so you can view your content in any way you like

CONS
-No major flaws come to mind

CONCLUSION
This is a nifty little stand, perfect for holding your iPad mini, or any other small tablet. I have tried using both my iPad mini, full sized iPad (although the stand is a little small for this) and my kindle. All-in-all, you will be hard pressed to find a similarly well-built stand in this price range. 5/5
44 comments13 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 October 2013
Ordered this as it seemed like good value. It's mostly made from aluminium so feels very solid. The back stand part is made of grey plastic and this can be changed to almost any angle to suit your needs. It really does feel well made and I'm sure would withstand the odd drop on the floor (although I've not put that to the test). I'm currently using it with my iPad mini, however it also works perfectly well with my iPad 2. It can be folded flat for travelling and wouldn't take up much space in a bag.
I would highly recommend this stand as its small, unobtrusive and very sturdy. I'll probably get more to give as stocking fillers come the festive season.
on 7 August 2013
Selected this product after trawling through the alternatives and after returning and alternative.
Expected it to be much bigger but in fact it is perfect for my iPad - no more propping it up against the jar of marmalade whilst reading the newspaper.
Very well made with rubber(?) supports that will protect the iPad from scratches and easily adjustable leg to suit all viewing angles
on 25 June 2013
I bought the Anker Ultra-Slim (4mm) keyboard so needed a stand to hold the Nexus at a comfortable angle.

The EasyACC stand is ideal for this. It's construction is mostly solid aluminium (which makes it quite heavy), with a thick (and strong) plastic flip stand at the back. The stand is adjusted by means of a spring loaded button on the end of the 'hinge' - press and hold the button while adjusting the flip stand, release the button and move the stand to the nearest preset angle, it will click into place very solidly. There's at east 10 preset positions so it's easy to find one that's comfortable.

I use the standard Asus case and this stand accomodates the tablet in either portrait or landscape without me removing it, I just fold it back on itself. It's held very securely, there's no chance of it tipping over in either formt. The weight of the stand is a plus point here.

This stand would work fine with an iPad Mini or any other 7-8" tablet, and should be fine with bigger tablets too.
on 15 December 2013
Its a simple concept yet the picture and description does not do it a deserved justice. This item, although very simple by design is rock solid in build quality. It does not take up premium space on a desk nor is it intrusive when not holding any iPad etc. It will quite easily hold iPad's and iPhone's or similar devices. Very robust and does a grand job. It can easily be adjusted to preferred angle for interacting with the device. It has a rubber coated tray to provide a smooth and padded placing of the device resting point, light and strong.

Its just one of those items that is really simple by design yet has been produced to perfection for the consumer need. At a tenner I can see why these fly off the shelves. I think any higher a cost then it would definitely be a decisive factor for the buyer but at £10 then its a no brainer to definitely buy.
on 24 July 2013
This is the second one we have purchased as was really happy with the first one, and this means we can use for two devices and keep both kids happy!!! A normal size iPad is maybe slightly too big for it but on a flat surface it's fine. Very impressed and would highly recommend.
on 29 August 2013
This stand feels very well made and is sturdy with rubberised feet. It works by pushing the button in the hinge which then unlocks the "arm" allowing it to rotate freely. Then once you have found the desired position, you release the button and the arm locks into place. The arm will also lock into a completely flat position which is ideal for travelling. I use this stand as a nightstand for my phone which has its charging point at the bottom of the phone - meaning I have to position my phone sideways to use it while plugged in. The only downside (and this is not a fault with the stand but more to do with the phone design) is that my power and volume keys are on the side of my phone and with my phone turned sideways, these button often get accidentally pressed! Apart from that this is an excellent piece of kit and it is highly recommended.
on 30 July 2013
Absolutely amazing, very sturdy. Good on the desk but fine for in the bed too. If any bad thing has to be said is that with the samsung note 8 you can't have it standing up right and charge at the same time. But my partner bought one too, great quality
on 12 August 2013
Good quality with decent weight.

You can adjust the angle to your liking.

Bought it to hold my Ipad while watching videos and while on skype

I will definitely buy more, good choice for present.