on 7 November 2013
I bought this for my sons 7th birthday, he loves it!! He has played with it every day since. No educational value whatsoever but 10 out of 10 for fun!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Another Nerf gun added to our arsenal. This is a good one. Our daughter thinks it is incredible. Loves how the gun looks and feels. I'm impressed with it - with the usual reservations! It is expensive in battery use - 4 C batteries (not supplied) and they don't last long. Maybe 2 days worth of battling... this is true of our other battery operated Nerfs too so not really a specific negative for this gun.

It's a bit heavy, but she doesn't seem to mind. The clearing up afterwards is never really complete...I'm always finding bullets under beds and behind shelves etc but the amount of fun created makes it worth it. We did buy some extra clips - if this gun is on a Christmas list I advise you to add an extra magazine to the list - it improves the fun so much to be able to click another magazine in and fire away.

I may have to buy another one for Christmas as my partner is not happy with his existing Nerfs any more... don't think he likes being outgunned!

Enjoy.
0Comment25 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 27 September 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Great fun so far - not had any jamming issues but I found (via my son and the amount of jams in his other Nerf guns I used to have to clear) that all Nerfs eventually start jamming as the projectiles get worn or damaged. Fires superfast - and quite a distance but you're going to get battered in a "Nerf War" unless you have a few fully loaded clips ready to swap out.
With regards to the durability of the gun - time will tell, it's been used most days for a week now with no issues, if there are any I'll add a footnote to the review at a later date.
You might want to get some rechargeable batteries - they'll have paid for themselves by the 4 - 6th charge depending how much you pay for them. I can't say precisely how long the batteries last as I don't know how often he's been using it but I had to recharge them (3000 mah capacity) after 2 days the 1st time but haven't since.
0Comment31 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 December 2014
Fab Nerf gun! The rapid fire is rapid, easily get through the 18 darts if keep your finger on the trigger or if you press the trigger as and when then you release a dart at a time. The darts go a reasonable distance too. The scope is slightly out though so if using that, you need to 'master' the difference otherwise it's more of a point, shoot, adjust and shoot etc. Easy to reload the darts into the magazine and assemble. It requires a large battery in order to work (doesn't come with one), the motor is a little noisy but if playing with others/outside their sounds will drown the motor and it's only brief too while there are darts.

Delivery was quick although the box it came in was a little on the oversized side but it arrived in good condition.
on 17 January 2014
If you order this, get the batteries before it arrives otherwise you will be sitting looking at a great boy's toy that you can't play with! Once loaded it takes only moments to empty the magazine - GREAT FUN! Then comes the chore of picking up the darts and reloading. (That's when you go back online and order a spare mamagzine and a box of darts.) As with all these guns, it is great fun. Accuracy and distance travelled vary as the darts distort over time. The sighting system is not accurate, nor does the rifling in the barrel give any noticeable stability. Just enjoy pulling the trigger and 'squirting' darts at your target - some will hit. It's just like the real thing!
on 24 September 2013
You definitely need several fully loaded cartridges of darts.
The 18 darts are gone within seconds when you have you finger on the trigger.
Brilliant for subduing your enemies with continuous fire!!
on 25 January 2015
Fantastic rate of fire, but seems to lack the "punch" of some other Nerf Elites. The Retaliator, Stryfe and especially the Demolisher seem to "hit" harder, with a faster, flatter trajectory. The darts from this seem to "float" in the air, with the result that the target is hardly aware they're even being zapped. Still an improvement on the old Stampede and that dreadful Hailfire, but I'd take a Demolisher over it every time.
VINE VOICEon 26 October 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got this primarily for something for my young cousin to do when he visits. He's too old for 'toys' now and we don't have an Xbox in the house (and he's not getting his mitts on my 3DS!) so what to do?

Well, turns out a teenage boy + a garden + a Nerf Gun = hours of fun. I wouldn't recommend this for younger kids, however - not just because it's dangerous (well not really, the darts are foam but neither parents nor pets will appreciate being pelted with them!) but because after a half hour he had to put it down and rest; it was clearly a little too bulky and heavy for him. (Naturally he was back outside 10 minutes later, whooping and shouting like Rambo and occasionally complaining about having to stop to reload.)

It's the kind of activity where it really helps to have 2 or more; as he exclaimed to me 'it's a bit like paint balling by yourself. Fun for a while, but no-one to fire at and no-one firing back at you!'.

It should also be noted this thing EATS batteries and they are not included (of course), so my advice is to stock up before you buy or your child will play for 2 days straight and then be wheedling a trip to the shops out of you to buy more.

Overall provides fun, and it seems like excellent sturdy quality toy that will actually encourage a child out into the fresh air and away from a screen, which can only be a good thing. I think I'll have a go on it myself now my cousin's gone home...
on 6 January 2015
Broke after a few uses. The barrel gets jammed and the product is un-usable.
on 13 January 2014
Bought this item for my sons birthday. He only used it once then the trigger function jammed and would not work at all. At £36 not a cheap toy to break in five minutes however a refund what sorted quickly through Amazon.