4.7 out of 5 stars1,145
Size: 200mlChange

on 23 June 2013
I have used P20 for the last 4 summer holidays and am always really pleased with it. I have fair skin which is prone to burning but this product gives me all day protection and the confidence not to worry. Yes it has a funny alcohol smell when it is applied but once dry that disappears, no other product offers the same protection. The only place your skin will burn is where it has not been applied.
delivery was very very slow however which was very disappointing.
on 25 March 2008
This stuff is great. My wife and I use it on ourselves and our four children and none have us have burnt in the last three years of summer holidays. It is great to be able to relax and not have to worry about the kids burning when they come out of the pool or are playing on the beach as it does not rub off like sun creams do.
We all apply it in the morning after washing helping each other with the can't reach areas, wait 15 minutes for it to soak in and then get dressed, then you can forget about it and not worry about burning.
It is a bit more expensive than other sun creams but if you try this product, as my wife and I were first advised to do by a barman in Lanzerote, you will use it all the time.
It is sold the perfume shops of most resorts and sometimes you can get it cheaper there.
I strongly advise anyone with kids or burns easily to buy some of this and use it on your next holiday or day out in the sun.
0Comment122 of 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 April 2012
I have used this product for years. You only need to apply it once a day for great protection - and means you don't have re-apply after being in the water. It easily soaks into your skin but you do have to wait for it to dry as it can stain your clothes and will be less effect if it's not dried properly. I would not consider going on holiday without this product though.
on 17 June 2012
For the last few years I have 'noticed' this sun cream and always thought that I'd give it a go. However, this was before there were any reviews so I was pretty reluctant to do so; I couldn't see that one application would give day-long protection. I was understandably apprehensive, especially given my pale Celtic complexion. This year I took the plunge and bought 3 bottles for out 2-week holiday to Italy.

On day one, with temperatures already in the late twenties at 10am, I reached for a bottle. My first impression was concern as the product is more like an oil than a cream; I checked the sell by date and even opened a second bottle to check they were te same. They were so I applied a liberal coat and stood under the Aircon for the suggested 15 minutes wait before being exposed to the sun. The smell does make your eyes water but the oil goes on well and dries very quickly.

After 2 hours in the sun, jumping in and out of the pool, we stopped for lunch and I honestly thought that would be enough sun for the day. It normally would be using factor 20 normal cream. However, no tingling and no pinkness so after lunch I spent another 2 hours in the sun and even sunbathed! I would normally have combusted by now.

That night, having spent 4 hours in the direct Mediterranean sun, I wasn't even pink. Apparently I just had a healthy glow. Amazing. One application and no burnt bits. The next day, a return to the sun for 6 hours and my healthy glow just got better. A week later I had developed a golden tan.

After 10 days I was thinking that the oil was too effective so I tried a factor 12 cream. I went pink but the next morning the pinkness had gone and I was te brownest I had ever been. I then stuck with the factor 12 cream.

So, to conclude, it works and is worth every penny. I didn't use the 3 bottles and wish that I had bought 1x SPF20 and 1x SPF10 as they do do a lower factor SP product. A far as quantity goes, I applied liberally and one bottle lasted 8 applications; I'm 6'3, 44 chest, if that gives you and idea of the coverage. The only warning I can give is don't wear anything white once you have applied; my white T Shirts ended-up with a yellow tinge.
on 6 July 2014
We bought factor 50 and 20 for our holiday. The lotion has left a light green stain on costumes, shorts, t shirts, dress shirts, hotel towels and bedding. The clothes stains are still there after washing with a recommended stain remover. Even the inflatable on holiday turned from White to yellow/green. All are ruined. Will never use again.
on 25 April 2011
P20 is great. Easy to apply due to not being a cream as such (more of a liquid). I do tend to use more than once during a day if out in the sun (I burn quite easily) but after a few years of use I have yet to burn whilst under the protection of P20 (used across a range of continents and heat types and in circumstances where I have had no choice but to be in the blazing sun all day - which btw is not recommended).

Pros:
-Easy to apply
-Really does protect your skin (far better than all other sun protection lotions that I have used) - I stay burn free whilst everyone around me turns to crackling
-The bottle goes quite far
-Sand etc does not seem to stick to you as much

Cons:
-Due to runny nature, can get in your eyes (or maybe this is just me)
-Avoid getting on clothes as much as possible as can leave yellow marks (which sometimes do not seem to wash out) - not an issue if just by a pool / on the beach

Overall this stuff is great and cheaper on Amazon than anywhere else I can find.

Another very good brand is Ultrasun (try John Lewis if not on here) - Ultrasun also makes a fantastic aftersun which is the best I've used.
on 29 March 2015
I used to use p20 all the time when I was younger as it was a my mum and dad would buy for me and I was great. I recently went on holiday with my husband and thought I would use this. Myself and my husband burned so bad. When I used to use this you had to wait an hour before you went into the sun, now it's only 15 minutes. Makes me think they have changes the formula. No where near as good as it used to be. Would definitely not buy again!
on 12 May 2008
I was introduced to this whilst skiing in France, my nickname for the holiday was 'The Great White'. I'm so white I've even been called Casper the friendly ghost. Put this on and I came back tanned for the first time so was called a fraud! I'm so affected by the sun I normally catch fire, lobster pink or pure white no in between. I'm very fair skinned. I hate suncream I feel horrible and uncomfortable when using it, but this is different - its a searum - like oil, is easy to rub in and I tan and only need to apply once a day and can swim without reapplying, perfect for me. It would get 10 but it's expensive - perfection in this case comes at a price! Buy some you'll never use anything else.
0Comment45 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 September 2009
It is good and up to a degree, it does work. But it's very expensive for the convenience of having to re-apply. We were in high temperatures on holiday and my partner got his forehead quite burned, having trusted P20. It had worked for the entire morning, but I would definately advise to re-apply by late lunch!
on 5 May 2009
Excellent product. I have red hair and no pigment in my skin but managed to come back from the Carribean without looking like a lobster!